+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply from Gulf Country for Jan 2021 intake!!!

karanveer0911

Oct 11, 2020
Hi
I have recently applied on 8 Oct for Student Visa Online Portal from Oman (Indian Passport holder working in Oman) , unlike India here VFS are open for biometrics and is scheduled on this 15 Oct. Anyone can guide how much time it will further take and if here it is same like India i.e. two stage process or It is normal for gulf countries.
The thing is i want to know the timeline further from these regions for either scenario.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
OMG
You applied for Jan Intake ? And Your biometric is done?
What else to do after biometric any idea ?
I initially applied for September 2020 intake but the visa was not processed so I deferred to January 2021. I did my biometrics on the 1st of September. Got my AIP (1st stage) on 9th of September. After biometrics, you just wait till they request your passport to be stamped.

Reactions: hodari and azzamkc

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I applied for Winter 21 intake from Oman on the 2nd of Sep. Biometrics already done from last year. AIP received on the 14th of Sep. No update since then.

mash343

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Applied on 21st September SDS from Saudi, medical done on 24th Sept , 1st October Additional documents , no update after that, this application is a resubmitted one, biometrics and medicals done before lockdown itself..

Any clue as to what can I expect..?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
You've given very little information.

-What additional documents were requested?

- When you say resubmitted... Do you mean you were refused previously? If yes... Could you clarify reason/s for refusal?

- What program of study are you applying for.

The more info you share the better chance you have of getting any useful feedback from this forum.

mash343

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
1)As the first time I had submitted from India, They have requested for National identity information for Saudi of me and Dad

2) refused as the VO was not satisfied that i would leave Canada , and background studies does not match my course selected, and level of establishment

Resubmitted with supporting documents of my establishments in India and financial proofs along with a explanation of my change of study..

3) My background : IT engineer

Course selected in Canada : Pilot training

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
The course you've selected maybe seen by the VO as not in line with your background. Also, given the current shape the air travel industry is in, the future prospects for jobs in this field in India and frankly around the globe are not promising at all. I can imagine VOs going through a matrix type of tool to give weight to certain aspects of a visa application profile. In your case, reasons to stay in Canada far outweigh incentives to return.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The course you've selected maybe seen by the VO as not in line with your background. Also, given the current shape the air travel industry is in, the future prospects for jobs in this field in India and frankly around the globe are not promising at all. I can imagine VOs going through a matrix type of tool to give weight to certain aspects of a visa application profile. In your case, reasons to stay in Canada far outweigh incentives to return.
Flight training is also available in India. There's no special need to go to Canada for it.

mash343

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Totally agree, but i have a plan which I have put it in front of the visa officers, as this situation will not remain forever, it is going to stabilise maybe in a year or two , so I can utilize this time to gain my licenses and after that I can look for Aviation jobs in India or elsewhere as the Canadian Pilot license is renowned all over the world irrespective of the Indian license, regarding my return to India I have shown multiple properties which has to be taken care as my closed once are residing in Saudi, I have to return back to my country for taking care of my property as soon as my course is completed, as I was the one taking care since last 10 years , apart from this I am more inclined to become an airline pilot rather than settle and get a pr in a new country..

mash343

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Flight training is also available in India. There's no special need to go to Canada for it.
Yes it is, there are many such courses which are available in India but people still opt for Canada, but I have not one but many reasons to move out to Canada for my training :

1) Duration of the training is atleast 2.5 -3 years whereas in Canada its max of 1-1.5 years.

2) Safety is a major concern in many aviation schools in India and Logbook malpractice which is logging hours without flying etc..

3) Cost of the training is also a bit expensive in India compared to Canada(only the training)

4) International exposure, Multiple weather and terrain Exposure which is not achieved in India.

5) Extra Ratings which I can get it done which is not available in India.

Can go on with the reasons and its very obvious for people who are known about Aviation in India .