16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Hi,

I had heard that CIC is no longer accepting TWP applications without a valid LMO. Supposedly this was a loophole to get implied status, to apply and include a letter saying your employer is applying for an LMO.

I remember reading though that they have stopped doing this. Can someone confirm?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Danteryu said:
Hi,

I had heard that CIC is no longer accepting TWP applications without a valid LMO. Supposedly this was a loophole to get implied status, to apply and include a letter saying your employer is applying for an LMO.

I remember reading though that they have stopped doing this. Can someone confirm?

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi,

Just wanted to add my "two cents" - I had a similar question and my lawyer explained it to me as follows:

This only applies to "concurrent processing", which means CIC will not consider WP apps without proof that an LMO is already in process. If one wishes to apply for a WP before receiving an LMO, one can do so PROVIDED one includes proof (i.e. a file number or a copy of the LMO app) that LMO has been applied for.

Hope this helps!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

katniss said:
Hi,

Just wanted to add my "two cents" - I had a similar question and my lawyer explained it to me as follows:

This only applies to "concurrent processing", which means CIC will not consider WP apps without proof that an LMO is already in process. If one wishes to apply for a WP before receiving an LMO, one can do so PROVIDED one includes proof (i.e. a file number or a copy of the LMO app) that LMO has been applied for.

Hope this helps!
You may wish to read the link I posted. CIC no longer considers concurrent applications.