+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Post-Graduation Permit but study permit about to expire

tisep

Jul 24, 2012
Hi all,

I need expert advice on my case. I have finished my university work and ready to apply for the 3 year post-graduation work permit. But my current study permit only allows me to stay in Canada until Aug 1st. I don't think the government can finish processing my work permit application before Aug 1st. What should I do?

Btw, I have all my application documents ready for the post-graduation work permit. Should I just send it out online before my study permit expires?

Thank you all!

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
If you apply for PGWP before your SP expires then you don't have to worry about the expiry date of your SP. Should your SP expires before getting PGWP you will be on "Implied Status" which allows you to stay legally in Canada until any decision is reached on your application for PGWP.

tisep

Jul 24, 2012
Inam89 said:
If you apply for PGWP before your SP expires then you don't have to worry about the expiry date of your SP. Should your SP expires before getting PGWP you will be on "Implied Status" which allows you to stay legally in Canada until any decision is reached on your application for PGWP.
How long does it usually take to process the PGWP? The website only lists work permit (from same and different employer) processing time, not the PGWP. Does it usually take that long (50+ days according to the website) to process PGWP applications?

student914

Jul 10, 2012
what is meant by post secdondary education?
accordint to pakistani education its mean,FA, Bacholar , master or ?

tisep

Jul 24, 2012
student914 said:
what is meant by post secdondary education?
accordint to pakistani education its mean,FA, Bacholar , master or ?
It means college/university degree, from what I understand.

kazen

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah, don't worry though you seem to have implied status since you've applied for the PGWP, when did you apply?

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011