+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for LMO while employee is in Canada as visitor?

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
What you are saying is the same fear i have. i am somehow trying to put my case in such a way that my motel exp is related to my MS and previos exp,but then NOC list comes in my way, lets see if i can do something about it, i am also checking PNP way, but there also its the same the ask to have job offer based on NOC list,

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
amikety

if you getting this message,

since i have told you my qualification/exp do you think NOC code 2171 & code 1122. do you think i can show updated exp under this 2 catagory will help me get a job offer?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I think you would probably qualify for both of them. You'll need to show experience to the job duties when you apply.

xredtulipx

Mar 1, 2013
Hi i'll be very thankful if someone can help me in this i'm not from a visa exempt country i have a single entry visit visa of Canada and multiple entry visa of US. In feb 2013 i was in canada where i got a job offer and employers also provide me with a positive LMOnow i'm un US to meet my family and planning to go back to canada as i can re-enter again on single entry if i just visit US. I'll be flying to edmonton airport my question is this that can i just ask to change my status from visitor to worker at the port of entry on the aiport? is this possible that they can give me that? has anybody have any experience of doing this?

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi Amikety

Thanks i will keep that in mind. i have also got positive evaluation for migrating to Quebec under Quebec skilled program. But it will take around 12-16 months to get my PR and so i am trying to find ways to enter canada early.like all other skilled program, i will need a job offer as well right? i mean my consultant here said, they can help me with job hunt once i get my visa. does that means i need not have a job offer to apply under QSMP?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
goodmrng1947 said:
Hi Amikety

Thanks i will keep that in mind. i have also got positive evaluation for migrating to Quebec under Quebec skilled program. But it will take around 12-16 months to get my PR and so i am trying to find ways to enter canada early.like all other skilled program, i will need a job offer as well right? i mean my consultant here said, they can help me with job hunt once i get my visa. does that means i need not have a job offer to apply under QSMP?
I don't know much about Quebec. FSW doesn't open again until May, so no matter what your consultant says, it can change. Until the government announces the official criteria, your consultant is only guessing.

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
yeah that is right, and specially when there are not many people out here who are well equiped with correct info, its difficult to keep doing guess work. I was also reading about SINP, woow there are people who are waiting for a long time inspite of having a job offer

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
goodmrng1947 said:
yeah that is right, and specially when there are not many people out here who are well equiped with correct info, its difficult to keep doing guess work. I was also reading about SINP, woow there are people who are waiting for a long time inspite of having a job offer
The biggest issue is Canada's skilled immigration isn't mergering skilled workers with the areas they're needed. They bring in 1000 workers needed in small cities, the Yukon, and NW territories. They all move to Toronto and Vancouver. So there's still a labor shortage in the rural areas plus it drives up prices for rent and lowers wages in the big cities.

Next, there's the issue of the lag of the program. By the time some workers are approved for PR, the skill is no longer in demand. So Canada is bringing a non in-demand worker over, which makes it harder for the worker to find a job and doesn't address the current job shortages. They really need to improve speed and match people quickly with shortages. That would be a win-win for the country and the worker. This is one big reason they're going to the AEO FSW program.

The FSW is making improvements to the overall economy of Canada, but even the government reports that these improvements aren't as good as they hoped. For example, the average business (this includes all businesses, small and large) profits $37,000.00 roughly per year. (That figure is a few years old.) So you can figure every person brought in under the Economic-Business Classes is profiting $37,000.00. That's really not much. If you look at the rolling data from 2010-2011 in a 12 month period, you had several thousand business immigrants, which makes the total millions. Yeah it's a profit. Yes, most businesses have employees and pay taxes, both which help the economy grow. But that's not a lot of a business. (I haven't looked far enough into it to see if CEOs can flex pay themselves like in the US to make their profits minimal, which could help account for such a low number.)

My advice is to look at small cities. Red Deer, Alberta's mayor has been on the record saying they need skilled workers in certain areas badly. That's a city of 50k just north of Calgary. I actually liked the city. They had sufficent shopping to keep me happy, a nice movie theatre, and it's between Calgary and Edmonton, so you have the best of both worlds without being in a major city. I've already told my husband my plan is to finish my degrees and get a job in a small town. He's already been warned to figure out how to translate his job into this :p

My #1 thing CIC & the government need to work on is getting foreign workers accepted better into the work force. I personally feel they need to find a way to help workers upgrade or get licensed before arriving in Canada and help place them. Something as simple as giving a small business a tax credit for hiring someone who has been in Canada less than X number of years. (Five or something low, because by 5 years, you should have plenty of Canadian experience.) But it's easy for me to say this as the outsider looking in.

(Just so I don't sound insane, I wrote my university research paper on Immigration. That's why I know these things. I wrote FOR skilled immigration and my teacher gave me an excellent score!)

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Woow no doubt you have done an excellent paper for your excellent grades. Well it helped you to get deep into the subject and you know so many things now. On one of the tread here where they were talking about a small town in Manitoba who is more than willing to call upon immigrants. The immigration officer himself was on it to invite application. i'll see if i find that thread i will post here. I am looking for someone who knows all these inside info so i can be of benefit. David Cohen's law firm was one of that kind but i am finding it little expensive to go ahead. Do you know how is their services?

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
here is the name of the member please check all the post by SVoth, under PNP thread

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
First, that's a she. She is not an immigration officer. She's an employee with the local government. I've been aware of her posts for some time and I'm sure she'd flooded with applications.

If you read her posts, she tells us exactly what skills they are looking for.
We are currently targeting occupations relating to hands-on or supervisory manufacturing, health care, and construction related trades.
You can go to the website (found by google) http://mordenmb.com/business/immigrate-to-morden

You can access their application on the website. Keep in mind, a lot of people want to come to Canada. I'm sure they have tons of applications - more than positions available and they can handpick who they want. They also have really good benefits for newcomers, which is nice. She cannot approve any applications. They are still processed by MPNP.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
xredtulipx said:
Hi i'll be very thankful if someone can help me in this i'm not from a visa exempt country i have a single entry visit visa of Canada and multiple entry visa of US. In feb 2013 i was in canada where i got a job offer and employers also provide me with a positive LMOnow i'm un US to meet my family and planning to go back to canada as i can re-enter again on single entry if i just visit US. I'll be flying to edmonton airport my question is this that can i just ask to change my status from visitor to worker at the port of entry on the aiport? is this possible that they can give me that? has anybody have any experience of doing this?
Hi,

So did you try this route? Is your visa in Canada still valid? :)

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashu1406 said:
Hi I (AN INDIAN) am currently holding multiple Canadian and USA Visa and right now in USA. I was offered a job in Canada and Just few days back got Positive LMO. Please let me know the whole process of getting Work permit at the border (I would be visiting Seattle Border). Do i need to fill form online or i have to just visit(has Canadian TRV) the border with all documents. Also let me know the documents and fee i should be carrying along with me. Further i want know that if i ll get WP at the border do i need to go at the same time to Canada or i can come back to USA and Later go to Canada. Another question is that if i go to Canada with my WP and Multiple TRV can i come back to USA in couple of days and enter later.

IS there any impact on my TRV for Canada if i wont get WP. And how soon i can file the Work permit (High Skilled Category) for my family (they are in India) after joining in Canada

Hi,

I was in the same situation. It is legal. You can apply for the job while on visitor visa and the employer can then go ahead and apply for your LMO. In the LMO application, your employer would just have to prove that you are the most elligible person (based you education and experience) for the job among all the people who applied, especially Canadian Citizens.