+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for canadian tourist visa from usa

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
I apply for canadian tourist visa online from usa on 12th of june, I haven't hear back from the office! i want to know if they will ask me for bio metric and how long would the processing take.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I apply for canadian tourist visa online from usa on 12th of june, I haven't hear back from the office! i want to know if they will ask me for bio metric and how long would the processing take.
The current estimated processing time is 21 days. It will vary from application to application.

Biometrics: This depends on the passport you hold

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hold nigeria passport but i married to USA citizen and i've valid US work authorization.
You need to give biometrics. Do check your MyCIC account for a Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL). Biometrics must be submitted within 30 days of the letter

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
Pls, can you send me the link where to look up the bio metric details. I tried to but couldn't find it. I live in dallas tx and if you know any location to my city to give the bio metric, I'll appreciate. thanks for your anticipation assistance

786bil

Jun 21, 2017
Hi

I applied for visit visa from USA on may25th, application stuck in background check. Any body have same issues? Nationality is Pakistan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for visit visa from USA on may25th, application stuck in background check. Any body have same issues? Nationality is Pakistan
This is quite common. Depending on your specifics/your immigration status/countries you've lived or visited, background checks could take a few weeks to a couple of months

Reactions: 786bil

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
I checked MyCIC Account many times to see if i've email from IRCC for Biometric instruction, But nothing like email yet. I just want to know if i can go ahead to the VAC office to give my Biometric without the Biometric instruction letter from IRCC? Secondly, How long could my background check takes or to hear back from the office since i'm Nigeria Nationality but applied for canada visa from USA

786bil

Jun 21, 2017
Thats odd. I got biometrics request in 3 days but I hold pakistani passport so not sure if your country of citizenship requires biometric screening?

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
I was charged Biometric fee, i hold nigeria passport. I've US Work authorization and been married to USA citizen. I would keep checking mycic account if there would be any updates.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I checked MyCIC Account many times to see if i've email from IRCC for Biometric instruction, But nothing like email yet. I just want to know if i can go ahead to the VAC office to give my Biometric without the Biometric instruction letter from IRCC? Secondly, How long could my background check takes or to hear back from the office since i'm Nigeria Nationality but applied for canada visa from USA
No, you need the biometrics letter.

Do email the nearest visa office (NY/LA) and request it