+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply bridging Open work permit with CoPR paper

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
My husband and I have received the CoPR paper (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Because we have a baby to take care, we are unable to go to a Canadian border to do flag-poling. We are still waiting for the local immigration office to respond to our appointment request, but it is taking longer than usual. Our temporary residence visa are expiring very soon.

Am I eligible to apply an open bridge work permit? Can I also extend my husband's visitor visa?

I saw from the website saying that the work permit is only for those whose immigration application is in progress; but my immigration application is already completed.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
My husband and I have received the CoPR paper (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Because we have a baby to take care, we are unable to go to a Canadian border to do flag-poling. We are still waiting for the local immigration office to respond to our appointment request, but it is taking longer than usual. Our temporary residence visa are expiring very soon.

Am I eligible to apply an open bridge work permit? Can I also extend my husband's visitor visa?

I saw from the website saying that the work permit is only for those whose immigration application is in progress; but my immigration application is already completed.
There is no chance of approval for your BOWP. CIC will see that you already have COPR so they will reject your application. Your only chance is to complete your landing and become PR.

Reactions: scylla