+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applly TRV for Spouse after refusal

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
Hi @Bryanna , @scylla

Need your help to understand , How can I proceed with re applying for TRV for my Fiance.

My fiance's sister is student in Toronto so she has invited her mom and my fiance for visitor visa.
They applied in last week of Nov and got decision first week of dec 2018.

Below are refusal ground sated by Visa Office :
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Based on above here what I find:
1. My Fiance have more than 3+ yr working exp but started new job since Jun 2018 .
2. Agents didn't submitted her bank statement or any kind of fix deposit /financial papers
3. She never has chance to visit so no travel history
4. No return ticket and itinerary provided with Day to day plan

Visa office has granted the visa for her mom but refused her application.
Now , I have below concern :
1. I am PR holder in canada ( working here since jul 2014 ) and got engaged to my fiance in Jun 2018.
2. I moved with above approach because of her blood relation ( her sister) was already studying.
3. My wedding is planned in Feb 2019 , what will be better approach to reapply for TRV ?
a. Reapply again as independent case with strong financial ties invitation letter from her sister
b. Apply new application for TRV after marriage - invitation letter from me
c. Apply first spousal PR then after having acceptance of PR Then try for TRV

I just want her early arrival in Canada.

Thank you so much !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna , @scylla

Need your help to understand , How can I proceed with re applying for TRV for my Fiance.

My fiance's sister is student in Toronto so she has invited her mom and my fiance for visitor visa.
They applied in last week of Nov and got decision first week of dec 2018.

Below are refusal ground sated by Visa Office :
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Based on above here what I find:
1. My Fiance have more than 3+ yr working exp but started new job since Jun 2018 .
2. Agents didn't submitted her bank statement or any kind of fix deposit /financial papers
3. She never has chance to visit so no travel history
4. No return ticket and itinerary provided with Day to day plan

Visa office has granted the visa for her mom but refused her application.
Now , I have below concern :
1. I am PR holder in canada ( working here since jul 2014 ) and got engaged to my fiance in Jun 2018.
2. I moved with above approach because of her blood relation ( her sister) was already studying.
3. My wedding is planned in Feb 2019 , what will be better approach to reapply for TRV ?
a. Reapply again as independent case with strong financial ties invitation letter from her sister

I just want her early arrival in Canada.

Thank you so much !!
1. What was the purpose of her visit and for how long did she intend to visit?

2. Do post the list of documents that she had submitted.

3. She cannot do anything about her travel history at this point in time.

4. Since how long has she been working at her current employment? Does her job pay her really well and her work responsibilities are unique?

5. Did her mom show adequate finances of her own to pay for the visit or is she financially dependent on her daughter?

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
Hi @Bryanna , Thank you so much for your reply.

4. Since how long has she been working at her current employment? Does her job pay her really well and her work responsibilities are unique?

5. Did her mom show adequate finances of her own to pay for the visit or is she financially dependent on her daughter?
My Fiance's mom was primary applicant. Purpose of visit : Meet her daughter and spend some time together.
Visit for 20 days as my fiance and her mom both have job in India.
- No objection Letter from employer stating that her leave is approved and she is expected to report back on duty.
- Employment offer letter working since Jun 2017.
-Payslip
-Income tax return of past 3 years
-Bank statement - 1st bank statement - 300 $CAD . 2nd Bank statement - 650 $CAD . She didn't submitted salary account because Visa Consultant asked this is not required because her mom is primary applicant.
- Passport
Since Jun, 2017 and have total 3+ yrs of working exp. Monthly salary is 350 CAD per month. She is design artist in MNC.
Because of not having high income of my Fiance , Agent made her mom primary applicant.
Her mom submitted all the bank statement : individual ( 9000 CAD) + joint account with my Fiance ( 300 CAD).
Main concern how to overcome on refusal and which option select from below :

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My Fiance's mom was primary applicant. Purpose of visit : Meet her daughter and spend some time together.
Visit for 20 days as my fiance and her mom both have job in India.
- No objection Letter from employer stating that her leave is approved and she is expected to report back on duty.
- Employment offer letter working since Jun 2017.
-Payslip
-Income tax return of past 3 years
-Bank statement - 1st bank statement - 300 $CAD . 2nd Bank statement - 650 $CAD . She didn't submitted salary account because Visa Consultant asked this is not required because her mom is primary applicant.
- Passport
Since Jun, 2017 and have total 3+ yrs of working exp. Monthly salary is 350 CAD per month. She is design artist in MNC.
Because of not having high income of my Fiance , Agent made her mom primary applicant.
Her mom submitted all the bank statement : individual ( 9000 CAD) + joint account with my Fiance ( 300 CAD).
I'm going to be honest: Don't reapply. Your fiancée has almost zero chance of a TRV approval before/after your marriage.

1. Your fiancée's salary is too low. Even if she applies on her own, her salary is not a financial incentive for her to return to her home country.

2. As an employed adult who has been working since the last 3+ years, it is expected that your fiancée should be able to afford the visit.

3. Her mom cannot/could not be the principal applicant.

4. Your fiancée does not have the financial ability to pay for even the airfare.

5. She does not have any travel history + no assets/financial investments

Main concern how to overcome on refusal and which option select from below :
It's your fiancée who must prove her strong ties + a good financial situation. Unfortunately, she does not have either of these.

It won't work because she will be considered as a potential overstayer. Her employment is not a reason for returning to her home country.

She does not need a TRV after she gets her PR

Last edited:

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
I'm going to be honest: Don't reapply. Your fiancée has almost zero chance of a TRV approval before/after your marriage.

1. Your fiancée's salary is too low. Even if she applies on her own, her salary is not a financial incentive for her to return to her home country.

2. As an employed adult who has been working since the last 3+ years, it is expected that your fiancée should be able to afford the visit.

3. Her mom cannot/could not be the principal applicant.

4. Your fiancée does not have the financial ability to pay for even the airfare.

5. She does not have any travel history + no assets/financial investments

It's your fiancée who must prove her strong ties + a good financial situation. Unfortunately, she does not have either of these.

It won't work because she will be considered as a potential overstayer. Her employment is not a reason for returning to her home country.

She does not need a TRV after she gets her PR
@Bryanna Really thankful for each advise.

I will bearing all the cost of travel from airfare to stay and sightseeing.

But she have 2000 $ CAD into her salary account which wasn't submitted by her agent.
Also she will have 1000 $ CAD in 2nd bank account now. She have shares / mutual fund investment/ fixed deposit of around more than 3500 $ CAD.
these fund proof haven't been submitted first time. Can I show this as financial ties ?

Employment Ties
She is part of global training initiative in her company. Can we present letter from her company that she will joining scheduled training for her after her return apart from employment letter / leave approval/ work commitment.

Her Family need her assistance
1. She is eldest daughter in her family and her younger sister is pursuing higher study in Ontario. She need to look after parent for medical visit as well.
2. She also sometime participate in social cause volunteering event . Can I show as strong social connection ?

Would you please guide me what are the document and point , I can include to prove strong ties and financial situation.

Thanks again !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Really thankful for each advise.

I will bearing all the cost of travel from airfare to stay and sightseeing.
Your support is secondary. For a TRV, her financial situation matters more.

Also, if you invite her now, it might indicate your relationship.

But she have 2000 $ CAD into her salary account which wasn't submitted by her agent.
Also she will have 1000 $ CAD in 2nd bank account now.
These bank balances are collectively not enough to pay for a visit.

Two other points:
1. Her bank balances + financial investments don't match her income.
2. It might seem like she borrowed money from someone for the visa application.

She have shares / mutual fund investment/ fixed deposit of around more than 3500 $ CAD.
these fund proof haven't been submitted first time. Can I show this as financial ties ?
Again, these two financial investments can be shown as part of her overall financial situation.... but, NOT as funds for her visit.

She is part of global training initiative in her company. Can we present letter from her company that she will joining scheduled training for her after her return apart from employment letter / leave approval/ work commitment.
You're missing the key point. Her salary is way too low even by India standards. So, being part of a global training initiative is not going to help.

1. She is eldest daughter in her family and her younger sister is pursuing higher study in Ontario. She need to look after parent for medical visit as well.
Her mom? If yes then her mom is traveling alone to meet the younger daughter + the mom is employed (implying that she is medically fit and fine)

2. She also sometime participate in social cause volunteering event . Can I show as strong social connection ?
She can include evidence of that

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
Your support is secondary. For a TRV, her financial situation matters more.

Also, if you invite her now, it might indicate your relationship.

Two other points:

Again, these two financial investments can be shown as part of her overall financial situation.... but, NOT as funds for her visit.

You're missing the key point. Her salary is way too low even by India standards. So, being part of a global training initiative is not going to help.

Her mom? If yes then her mom is traveling alone to meet the younger daughter + the mom is employed (implying that she is medically fit and fine)

She can include evidence of that
Thanks a lot @Bryanna for making most of point clear.

I only want to show my relationship after marriage.

just asking for my knowledge, How much money we need to show ?

Two other points:
She is living with her parents in same apartment. So whatever she was earning [ 350/month * 36 ( months - 3 years ) = 12600 $CAD ] her dad was putting into investment. Though she have more amount into investment (3500 $CAD ) than liquid money in bank. Just wanted to be honest with application.

Her mom never had planed to travel alone. She wanted to visit along with my Fiancee. She can't speak English so she need some family member during her travel and stay in canada.

About medical Point - Her parent got chikungunya virus 1 months ego. So she is the one who is taking her mom and dad for followup to hospital as she is the only child staying with her parent.

Warm Regards !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot @Bryanna
just asking for my knowledge, How much money we need to show ?
All available finances that match the tax assessment + declared sources of income.

Unofficial guide: CAD 1000 per week of visit per applicant + airfare. Of course, this amount will vary depending on the visit plan.

She is living with her parents in same apartment. So whatever she was earning [ 350/month * 36 ( months - 3 years ) = 12600 $CAD ] her dad was putting into investment. Though she have more amount into investment (3500 $CAD ) than liquid money in bank. Just wanted to be honest with application.
Hope:
1. These investments were made from her salary account
2. She has declared it for her tax returns

About medical Point - Her parent got chikungunya virus 1 months ego. So she is the one who is taking her mom and dad for followup to hospital as she is the only child staying with her parent.
This would seem contrary to her wanting to travel abroad.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, treatment for this viral illness is about two weeks of medication = Not a strong reason to return to the home country

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
All available finances that match the tax assessment + declared sources of income.

Unofficial guide: CAD 1000 per week of visit per applicant + airfare. Of course, this amount will vary depending on the visit plan.

Hope:
1. These investments were made from her salary account
2. She has declared it for her tax returns

This would seem contrary to her wanting to travel abroad.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, treatment for this viral illness is about two weeks of medication = Not a strong reason to return to the home country
@Bryanna don't know how to say thank you ... Thank you so much for helping me !!

Suppose if I take chance to apply TRV after marriage and VO again going to refuse then will this impact my spousal PR application ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna don't know how to say thank you ... Thank you so much for helping me !!
You're welcome although I will be happier if her present circumstances results in a TRV approval :)

Suppose if I take chance to apply TRV after marriage and VO again going to refuse then will this impact my spousal PR application ?
No, it won't affect the spousal PR application. She must apply for TRV after her file is transferred to her visa office + in the meanwhile, she must try to establish stronger ties and a better financial situation