+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appling for PR from inside Canada

May 4, 2008
I'm currently in canada for 2.5 years with a work permit wich is valid another 1.5 years from now. It is possible to apply for PR from inside Canada and how. My wife and my daughter are also here.
Thanks.

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi,

You can do this for sure. Start the process ASAP and send your applications to Buffalo. The only thing is you should meet the required points and if interview required, you should be able to travel to US.

Let me know if you have any questions.. I will be glad to guide.

Rgds,

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, will an open work permit holder who is a spouse of a full time student is qualified to apply for PR inside Canada after having been lawfully been admitted to Canada for a year? please answer anybody. bramyah please? thank you

tin

Jul 19, 2008
poco said:
Hi, will an open work permit holder who is a spouse of a full time student is qualified to apply for PR inside Canada after having been lawfully been admitted to Canada for a year? please answer anybody. bramyah please? thank you
..how did you get open permit?..i'll be finishing my 24 months stay as live in caregiver,,and my work permit expire on feb.2009,do i need to renew my work permit coz i still work in same employer?.my employer is a first timer to sponsor caregiver and he doesnt know some rules.....my friends and i are new in canada and we dont know rules,procedures in cic,,,pmm,leon,or anybody..pls.help

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
poco said:
Yes you are qualified to apply for PR

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
tin said:
poco said:
..how did you get open permit?..i'll be finishing my 24 months stay as live in caregiver,,and my work permit expire on feb.2009,do i need to renew my work permit coz i still work in same employer?.my employer is a first timer to sponsor caregiver and he doesnt know some rules.....my friends and i are new in canada and we dont know rules,procedures in cic,,,pmm,leon,or anybody..pls.help
YES,You have what is commonly called as an open visa,Yes you renew your work permit.Feel free to PM me cheers