+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Study Permit from Inside Canada

Utakogirl2013

Nov 14, 2013
I provided my Canadian address, as I don't have a US address. My issue is that I do not have a US visa. Any other way to do it? I have to start school by May 2018.
Pls how did you apply in LA without a US Visa? did you apply online? pls reply..and how long was the process.

alyxdv

Mar 28, 2018
Hi. When did you apply your study permit?
Hello. I applied for my study permit last December 29, 2017 through the Los Angeles VAC by mail.

Hi,
May I ask what was you status in Canada when you applied? I want to apply for study permit from within Canada after I enter with visitor visa. I have admission from a university with funds and I don't know if with visitor visa I can apply for inside Canada or not? And if I have to do biometrics again?
So you're already in Canada as a visitor? I was on a visitor visa when I applied for my study permit. You can apply from inside Canada but you have to send your application by mail to the Los Angeles VAC. Biometrics depends on your country of residence. In my case, I wasn't asked for one.

Pls how did you apply in LA without a US Visa? did you apply online? pls reply..and how long was the process.
I submitted my application via mail to the Los Angeles VAC. No need for US visa as application was mailed. The process took 3 months for me.

fabana

Apr 19, 2018
Hello. I applied for my study permit last December 29, 2017 through the Los Angeles VAC by mail.

So you're already in Canada as a visitor? I was on a visitor visa when I applied for my study permit. You can apply from inside Canada but you have to send your application by mail to the Los Angeles VAC. Biometrics depends on your country of residence. In my case, I wasn't asked for one.

I submitted my application via mail to the Los Angeles VAC. No need for US visa as application was mailed. The process took 3 months for me.
Thanks!

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Can
I got my study permit approved on March 29, 2018. In the document issued to me by the embassy, it said:

"A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. The officer will ask to see this letter, your passport and may request to see your supporting documents, such as the letter of acceptance from your educational institution."

The thing is, I am already inside Canada. I applied for my study permit from inside Canada through Los Angeles. Do I need to go to the Canada Border Services Agency to have my passport stamped or to have my study permit issued to me? Does anybody know the process?
Can you please tell me
How you applied ?.
Which address you mail your application in los ANGELES?
How much you paid fee ?
Did you pay any additional fee ?
Please guide
My lawyer applied wrong ,he applied my application online outside of Canada ,it's been 5 months and I am still waiting ,I think he applied wrong by doing it online???

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
If you are not visa-exempt, yes.
Ok
I am in Canada on visitor visa
My visa will expire in November
But my lawyer ,she applied online for my study permit application ( she applied student visa application made outside of Canada )
She applied in March and I am still waiting

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
I got my study permit approved on March 29, 2018. In the document issued to me by the embassy, it said:

"A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. The officer will ask to see this letter, your passport and may request to see your supporting documents, such as the letter of acceptance from your educational institution."

The thing is, I am already inside Canada. I applied for my study permit from inside Canada through Los Angeles. Do I need to go to the Canada Border Services Agency to have my passport stamped or to have my study permit issued to me? Does anybody know the process?
I have a question
Did you send your passport to LA office too ?
You only recieved study permit or LA OFFICE Stamp student visa on passport too ?????

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,
May I ask what was you status in Canada when you applied? I want to apply for study permit from within Canada after I enter with visitor visa. I have admission from a university with funds and I don't know if with visitor visa I can apply for inside Canada or not? And if I have to do biometrics again?
Hi,
Hi
Have you applied for study permit?
Did you get that ?

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland

Hi,
What was your status in Canada before getting the study permit?

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
If you don't have the funds, then yes, show proof from your uncle. You don't need a return ticket.
what would the uncle need to do/show. Is a letter good enough or bank statements etc. I got accepted to Centennial for Sept 2019. I need to apply for study visa but not sure how to proceed as I will be staying with family member

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@canuck_in_uk
@canuck78
Since LA office is closed due to COVID and not accepting paper based application, can you please share how to apply online? what should be mentioned as 'country of residence' and 'country where applying' in imm1295 ? Should a person write 'Canada' as 'country of residence' for a foreign national and 'United States of America' as 'country where applying' the application was processed at LA before COVID? The person is currently inside Canada on a visitor status and has financial support of family member.