+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLIED PR CARD RENEWAL ON URGENT BASIS

Supri_Niski

May 11, 2015
scylla said:
100% agreed with dpenabill. As I said above, applying for urgent processing when you just barely meet the residency requirement often means your application is going to be looked at a lot more closely. Forget about urgent processing times. It's quite possible you're going to be looking at several months of processing.
I am in similar situation. I am planning to apply for PR renewal just after completing 740 days. My PR card has expired 1.5 years back and last time I entered Canada with expired PR card and PRTD approved on H&C grounds. I am in big dilemma whether I should go for URGENT processing or NOT.. I DO NOT want secondary review at any COST

1. For urgent processing I have booked only my ticket and NOT my child's. Child will live with my spouse in my absence (If I travel after I get my PR card). Is booking my ticket alone is good point or bad? My Child is 4 and that means surely I will come back (at least CIC can think this way).
2. My Father expired back home while I was in Canada (4 months back). I have NOT met my family members after that. Could this be strong reason for my travel to India (I can attach Death Certificate of my Father).
3. If I apply under Urgent processing shall I submit additional documents like Bank statements, Child's School attendance letters, Rent agreement, Credit card statements etc. Or submit ONLY those statements that are asked for
4. I do not have many exit/entries from Canada/To Canada. I have all stamps on passports, all the tickets of travel and boarding passes as well to support the stamps in the passport
5. CIC has already have all my record of first 365 days when I applied for my PRTD which I think is bonus.

PLEASE ADVISE BASED ON FACTS ABOVE