+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for TRV within Canada

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a student who applied for a TRV within Canada on the 22nd of June and got a Passport request on the 28th. I had send my passport on the same day and it reached Ottawa on the 29th. Since then I did not receive any updates to my profile. I have a flight to catch next week and I'm getting nervous as I already extended my flight thrice. It would be nice to know as in when can I expect my passport to be stamped and returned. If anyone applied for a TRV within Canada and received it in the past few days, would you please share your timeline.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
You should have received it by now.Try and contact the help center.

I also applied within Canada a few days ago and currently waiting to get my TRV approved.

The processing times are pretty accurate.I received my study permit extension exactly the number of calendar days it stated on their website.

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
I tried calling them. It was just the automated system. When did you apply for your visa? I'm getting so frustrated

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
The best time to get in contact with the help centre is when they open for the day or towards closing time. If you call during the day you will likely hear the automated voice state' "We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls.Please try again later".

The current processing time indicates 15 days and up to 10 days to get your passport mailed to you as of June 22nd. So, a maximim of 25 days to get your TRV approved and mailed back.
If you used express shipping to mail your passport,you should receive it maximum of 3 days after it is approved and if you used regular mailing up to 10 days.

You have to listen to the prompts to get tranferred to customer service.

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply. As you can see my application is totally out of normal processing time. I'll surely call them up in the morning. And as a matter of fact, I did use expresspost.

Thanks again

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply. As you can see my application is totally out of normal processing time. I'll surely call them up in the morning. And as a matter of fact, I did use expresspost.

Thanks again
When you call also take into account the time difference between where you live and Ottawa.

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
I checked the tracking. It said it has been delivered to Ottawa on the morning of 29th. And I chrck the return tracker everyday. I'm so worried.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I checked the tracking. It said it has been delivered to Ottawa on the morning of 29th. And I chrck the return tracker everyday. I'm so worried.
I'm currently in the same boat as you,have a flight which I booked about two months ago scheduled for the end of the month. Hope my TRV comes before my trip.

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
Same here. I've been waiting for my study permit extension as well. Had to extend my flight thrice. I hope you get your approval and passport before you leave. Do keep me updated.

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys,
I got my PGWP and now planning to apply for TRV .
I have a question there's one area where we have to write details of visit to canada.
So what I should write in purpose of my visit(coz I came to Canada for studies and now I m looking for a job) and also indicating how long I am planning to stay(In from: date when I landed in Canada and In To: Expiring date in PGWP).
Am I right?

Please help me guys. Need TRV badly.

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hi everyone,

I am a student who applied for a TRV within Canada on the 22nd of June and got a Passport request on the 28th. I had send my passport on the same day and it reached Ottawa on the 29th. Since then I did not receive any updates to my profile. I have a flight to catch next week and I'm getting nervous as I already extended my flight thrice. It would be nice to know as in when can I expect my passport to be stamped and returned. If anyone applied for a TRV within Canada and received it in the past few days, would you please share your timeline.
I called CIC about status update for my passport mine was delivered June 28 they said its in que for printing might take long to get it back. Call them again tmr.

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hi guys,
I got my PGWP and now planning to apply for TRV .
I have a question there's one area where we have to write details of visit to canada.
So what I should write in purpose of my visit(coz I came to Canada for studies and now I m looking for a job) and also indicating how long I am planning to stay(In from: date when I landed in Canada and In To: Expiring date in PGWP).
Am I right?

Please help me guys. Need TRV badly.
Yes you can write studies on purpose of your visit and the expiry date of your work permit is gonna be your date of stay.

Kennyboy05

Jun 17, 2017
I called CIC about status update for my passport mine was delivered June 28 they said its in que for printing might take long to get it back. Call them again tmr.
Did you apply for a TRV as well after getting your extension? Do you think it will be possible for me to get it by middle of next week? Thanks again!