+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for study permit, need to send follow up.

yotaguy

Apr 22, 2013
Hello all.
This is first time for me to post, I hope I can get good advice from someone who has experience same or similar a situation I have now.

I have applied for study permit about 3 weeks ago and I just got e mail response that I have to send additional paperworks by e mail with in 30 days.
If I get a permit, my wife will accompany with me so I had to send my application by mail to the embassy in Philippines which is my local office. That's a only reason I couldn't apply online.

Well, good news is it's been process now other than rejected, I have rejected once in last year with lack of documentations. A bit concern is I have to provide them a evidence of legally worked in the USA when I was there before since I had to indicated that I have spent few years in the USA before on my application.

The real question is how much of documents are they expecting to see? I was legal there to work 5 years and I came back to my home country now 2 years ago I certainly didn't keep ALL paper works till now. Many of them are threaded and disposed by now. I do have SSN card, old driver license card( showing first 2 years of stay), I had to given up latest license when I convert to my home country driver license so I don't have one with me any more. I have 1040 Tax report for all year, business license for when I had small business(showing last 2 years of stay), EIN letter from IRS, the photocopy of work permit I had at first year( lucky that I kept as back up ) and actual work permit card that I had last year. I don't have old cards with me since I had to giving up to them when I made renew at INS. That's all have about it.

You think are those enough? I can provide them something but I think it's not a best. What do you guys think?