+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Student Visa without paying the fees

RedShot82

Mar 16, 2013
Hi,

I am from Pakistan , I applied for student visa without paying the fees of the University, I need some feedback from you people that does it matter to pay the fees of a semester before applying for the visa or not... Does paying makes my case strong???

If it is, should I pay the fees right now as my application is still in process???

Amit Rastogi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
I think its the VISA rule and its mandatory to pay full one year tution fee if u r applying for SPP and if under general category u have to pay 1semester fee.
So u should see the checklist before submitting.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

irrespective of the status you apply under, Be it SPP or General, you must pay the tuition fee. It seems you applied on your own without consultation and didn't even read the guidelines available. Anyway as it is already sent, i wish you luck.

did you apply under SPP? if yes, did you purchase GIC and attached it along with your visa file? and medical? which intake did you apply for?

Under SPP, as per the new rule effective May 2013 intake, candidate needs to pay one semester fee ( though it's on your discretion to pay total fee as well, but it's not a mandate anymore by CHC or CIC).

Cheers!

abdullah102

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-july-2013
Med's Request
18-July-2013
Med's Done....
31-July-2013
Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 14 september :)
RedShot82 said:
Hi,

I am from Pakistan , I applied for student visa without paying the fees of the University, I need some feedback from you people that does it matter to pay the fees of a semester before applying for the visa or not... Does paying makes my case strong???

If it is, should I pay the fees right now as my application is still in process???
BRO im also from Pakistan i also going to apply for the visa.Its not compulsory to pay university fees before.It dose not make ur case stronge or weak.What only matters is Bank statement,Good University good financial support and stronge ties to Pakistan.Thats all.If ur case is in process then no need to pay the fees now.Just Pray :)

wwfameer

Sep 10, 2012
I don't think it is compulsory.. I am from Pakistan too and we do not have any fees requirements in our list.. It is even mentioned in our country's checklist that:

It is normally advisable to wait until you receive the letter of authorisation to study in Canada from the
Embassy before paying tuition fees and finalising travel plans.

On the side note, some universities do not even permit the international students to pay any advance tuition fee until study permit is granted.. this was the case with me.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please avoid my update than... if CHC in your respective country has mentioned not to pay tuition fee in advance.

wwfameer

Sep 10, 2012
to be on the safe side, i requested my Uni to write me an official email that states their "No advance fee before study permit" policy. I attached that email with my application package.

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
RedShot82 said: