+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied for PR under FSW from canada but not there now

rsennat

May 29, 2009
Hi All,
I applied for PR when I stayed in Canada during April and gave that address for correspondence.
But now moved to my home country, India. Would like to know, how should I proceed further.
Should I need to change my current address for correspondence or can I continue with that.

Will there be any problems if I have canada address. My friend is residing in that address now.

Please let me know.

Thanks

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
i suppose you applied to sydney, and not at the visa office stage yet.

Where do you want your visa office to be? and what did you put on the form as your visa office.

rsennat

May 29, 2009
right. i sent the application to CIO sydney office only. and i have given the visa office as Buffalo.

but right now in india. thats what im bit worried, will this be a problem or should I need to change it to delhi office of my country.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi,

If you have a VISA to USA to travel for interview in future then i suggest u choose buffalo office itself.
SO i suggest u do this -

1) wait for sydney office to reply regarding your application , let you friend collect this application and send it to you.

2) you apply with all the forms and proofs to buffalo office with a note highlighting change of address

3) Normal Process follows

4) pls remmeber after your PR is approved you will have to travel to US to present your passport as you cant courier indian passports from India hence this is a limitation.

Also if you want to take chances with Canadain EMbassy in INdia then go ahead, as per new process processing will be faster in india as well however i have some doubts over it due to stiff comptetion in India.
Also the VIsa office change itself may take some time, for ex lets say if sydney CIO approves your application saying apply to buffalo then you will have to ask them for a change which might be atedious process.

I hope i was clear.

Thanks,
Rahul

rsennat

May 29, 2009
Well Rahul, that's much clear now. I wasn't aware of the limitation in sending the passport by courier to US.
Also I have the US visa. So it would be much better if I just continue with this.

Let me wait for the reply from CIO.

Thanks