+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR Outside Canada but now in Canada on a Work Permit. HELP!

get by

Mar 7, 2009
Hello,

I have applied for a PR Card under the CEC and waiting for a draw to match my points. Meanwhile, I got a work permit for Canada.

Now my PR application was made outside Canada. Now that I am in Canada, What should I do about my application. Should I make a new one or just change my residential status. My application was out of Canada now I am inland.

Also does it change/improve my changes of getting PR sooner?

Please let me know.
Thanks!

sundip111

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
get by said:
Hello,

I have applied for a PR Card under the CEC and waiting for a draw to match my points. Meanwhile, I got a work permit for Canada.

Now my PR application was made outside Canada. Now that I am in Canada, What should I do about my application. Should I make a new one or just change my residential status. My application was out of Canada now I am inland.

Also does it change/improve my changes of getting PR sooner?

Please let me know.
Thanks!
If you have applied for PR card than you must have a PR approval letter from CIC, you should use that not a work permit!

If you have applied for PR and haven't received anything yet than change your address in your application to the current for further contact!

The best way is to contact CIC using the helpline 1-888-242-2100 or email to the office you sent your application!

I hope that helps.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
get by said:
I have applied for a PR Card under the CEC and waiting for a draw to match my points.
My guess is that you filled in your online express profile and are now waiting for an ITA (invitation to apply).

If that's correct, then you just need to update your profile, I didn't apply through express entry so i am not sure whether or not it increases your chances my guess is that it doesn't change much today, but did you have canadian experience to apply under CEC?
How many points do you have?

get by

Mar 7, 2009
Naheulbeuck said:
My guess is that you filled in your online express profile and are now waiting for an ITA (invitation to apply).

If that's correct, then you just need to update your profile, I didn't apply through express entry so i am not sure whether or not it increases your chances my guess is that it doesn't change much today, but did you have canadian experience to apply under CEC?
How many points do you have?

Yes. I have Canadian experience. My points are 418.