Applied for PR in December but getting Divorced

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Need suggestion, I applied for PR in last week of December 2014. Chances are of my divorce ,which may initiate immediately or in 3 to 6 months time.

Please tell me if my divorce is initiated or completed before I receive PR , what obligations I need to follow?

Regards

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the principal applicant we both want PR to be processed & what is EE ? My file is already sent to immigration.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Get PR then divorce - have more time for fun together before you split.

b.h.a.b.e.s

Star Member
Mar 27, 2010
you are the principal applicant .. no worries . send ur divorce certificate thru email once u have it. and its your choice if u want to include ur spouse or not by writing a letter to cic

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats beyond control live in two different countries, I as a principal applicant live in Canada.
My spouse wants to get PR regardless we are getting seperated.

Onixe

Sep 18, 2014
If you applied in December, your application will be returned anyway due to the global cap being full, so I don't think you shold worry about CEC application, and prepare for the EE.

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reply to bhabes

File is already sent to immigration, I as a principal lives in Canada,my spouse does not live here but still wants to proceed with PR,regardless of getting divorced.

My question is can divorce process go thru without complicating PR application, which is already in process?

regards,

b.h.a.b.e.s

Star Member
Mar 27, 2010
yes we are on the same boat.. i applied for Pr with him and my 2 kids .. i filed for divorce i inform cic that we are divorce as soon as i get the certificate and made a letter that i am still including him in our application as he is still the father of our children. if you have children maybe cic will include her it all depends on the immigration officer. and i am still waiting for approval ,, as long as you declare everything and send in your explanation ,, hopefully they will consider it

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
backendcode said:
hahah lol good one yo
I did not found this Funny at all . (It's my personnel view, Reason you don't know the other person situation and circumstances, Imagine yourself in that person situation and then Judge ? Will you laugh then ?)

Rest is upto you laugh cry what ever you want do
I still remember when there was some issue with your application ? Did anyone in forum laughed on you ?
My request don't encourage this kind of practice
rest is your wish brother

Good Luck with your application

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
CEC_1304 said:
I did not found this Funny at all . (It's my personnel view, Reason you don't know the other person situation and circumstances, Imagine yourself in that person situation and then Judge ? Will you laugh then ?)

Rest is upto you laugh cry what ever you want do
I still remember when there was some issue with your application ? Did anyone in forum laughed on you ?
My request don't encourage this kind of practice
rest is your wish brother

Good Luck with your application
Well said CEC_1304......

I support your statement on this...
Please friends don't make mess for someone's situation...
It is not look good as a person.....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
psc said:
File is already sent to immigration, I as a principal lives in Canada,my spouse does not live here but still wants to proceed with PR,regardless of getting divorced.

My question is can divorce process go thru without complicating PR application, which is already in process?
Short answer to your question is no, you cannot get divorced without "complicating" the PR application. If you get divorced, you must inform CIC and she will be removed from the application. She will have to find a different way to qualify for PR.

But if you applied for CEC class in December 2014 (is that the right date?), your application cannot be "in process" yet, and will likely be returned to you, as the global quota on the # of applications was reached before December. So, sorry to say, on top of your other troubles, you should start preparing your express entry application.

Express entry is the new way (effective January 1, 2015) that all economic class applicants (including CEC) have to apply for PR.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp