+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PGWP but didn't receive WP-EXT

andrew_larson

Jan 22, 2023
I applied for PGWP a few days and got two messages instantly (payment receipt and submission confirmation). I didn't get the WP-EXT message. I meet every eligibility for working full time according to the IRCC website (valid study permit, study completed, etc.) but I still haven't gotten the WP-EXT. Can I start working full-time? Am I on maintained/implied status?
Also, is there a way to request WP-EXT? webform?

Last edited:

andrew_larson

Jan 22, 2023
Have the same issue here. I applied on 16th Jan. When did you? Let me know if anything updated.
I applied on Jan 23rd.

I got this response from the immigration consultant:
"Some people get it and some don't. If you're on maintained status, you are able to work while you wait for your PGWP to be processed.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15
If you don't get the letter, you can try sending your employer pages on the IRCC website that say you can work while on maintained status."

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I applied on Jan 23rd.

"Some people get it and some don't. If you're on maintained status, you are able to work while you wait for your PGWP to be processed.
If you don't get the letter, you can try sending your employer pages on the IRCC website that say you can work while on maintained status."
Yeah legally you're good. Just an inconvenience trying to tell employers you can work

Farzana10

Feb 11, 2020
For me though, I had taken a co-op work term, so my study permit expired at the same time my co-op work permit expired. But, I applied for my work permit as soon as I got my program completion letter.

So, I am confused whether I could work these months before I get the decision on work permit application.

SANAM2402

May 12, 2023
Hey Farzana I am dealing with same thing can you please tell me what happend till now?I appled two days back and didn't receive my implied status letter.

Reactions: vp2811

Maharshiptk

May 26, 2023
Even I'm having same problem. Applied for PGWP but haven't received WP-ext letter. Some of my batchmates who applied for PGWP has received letter on same day itself. For me, it's been a week now. No updates. If anyone has idea. , Pls let know. Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Even I'm having same problem. Applied for PGWP but haven't received WP-ext letter. Some of my batchmates who applied for PGWP has received letter on same day itself. For me, it's been a week now. No updates. If anyone has idea. , Pls let know. Thanks
Give it a few more days and if nothing call IRCC and check

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
I applied on Jan 23rd.

Hi Andre did you get your pgwp approved?