+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for a TRV from karachi, Pakistan (online). super delayed.

Carpediem

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 15th Jan 2015, PER: 12th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 1st Aug 2015
Med's Request
30th Jul 2015
Med's Done....
19th Aug 2015: Medicals Received in Ecas 17th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
1st Dec 2015 Decision Made: 3rd Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1st Dec 2015 Passport Received: 22nd Dec 2015
LANDED..........
25th July 2016
Ok, an update on my mother in law's visa: her visa got approved! We had applied for a 3 month visa, she got it for 6 months, multiple entry :) Alhamdulillah. Actually her passport expiry is in 6 months so effectively she got a six.month, multiple entry visa till her passport validity. 40 days from submission to receiving passport
back. :)

Carpediem said:
Hi. My mother in law applied for TRV on 4th March, on paper, through VFS/VAC in Islamabad. Today, she received an email saying the processed passport was dispatched from Canadian Visa office yesterday, and the VAC guys say she should expect the passport back today or tomorrow. That's 40 days from submission of application to dispatch of passport after decision. We don't know what the decision is yet, but I'm hoping for a positive one obviously.
The thing is, prior to applying, people said that its better to apply on paper through VFS/VAC as processing times are considerably shorter. That's because apparently the online application goes to a central database and is then sorted to be sent to respective visa offices, whereas if submitted directly to VAC, it ensures direct and speedy processing. My mother' in làw's case has been similar, though I don't know if she got the visa or not :) but at least a decision has been made in 40 days, and there has been no delay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

CanadaspousePR

Feb 4, 2016
Congratulations to you,

Yes you are right we all should file through our VFS offices not online. I was assuming that online process will be fast but it is other way and I applied online.

Thanks for updating anyways.

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any updates with on-line application? It's been 10 days - no response from case specific inquiry also.

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
arif.jabbar said:
Any updates with on-line application? It's been 10 days - no response from case specific inquiry also.
same here nothing applied 23 Feb,2016 still in process

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
irsh29 said:
same here nothing applied 23 Feb,2016 still in process
Applied on Feb 26th...still no answer.

furqan shahid

Jan 15, 2015
Just to update everyone on our case:
receive this message today
i have droped my passports today hope they will issue the visa nt sure still.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017
furqan shahid said:
Just to update everyone on our case:
receive this message today
i have droped my passports today hope they will issue the visa nt sure still.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Congrats!

I was contacted by my MP and was told that a decision is due next week.
Applied: Feb 25th, 2016

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Landing_PR said:
Congrats!

I was contacted by my MP and was told that a decision is due next week.
Applied: Feb 25th, 2016
MP office cantacted you or you contact the office first? Did you get any more update regarding which phase the application is?

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017
alijumani said:
MP office cantacted you or you contact the office first? Did you get any more update regarding which phase the application is?
They contacted me...i was going to contact them too today. They said final background check and the file has decision due next week mentioned.

Contact the MP for your case too.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Since I contacted them yesterday and got a response within an hour. I think I should wait at least a week. Or may be their office will contact me first by the end of coming week with updates on file

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
took around 90 days but got approved.

my MP Iqra was super helpful. She got me a status update within 4 hours of the my initial contact with her. turn around time was amazing and she was really helpful.

moral of the story: we need to get more young educated pakistani girls elected in the parliament. no more realtor uncles anymore.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
bsobaid said:

my MP Iqra was super helpful. She got me a status update within 4 hours of the my initial contact with her. turn around time was amazing and she was really helpful.

moral of the story: we need to get more young educated pakistani girls elected in the parliament. no more realtor uncles anymore.
Great! Really happy for you. Can you please give us more insight regarding application. Was it for parents or spouse and timeline?

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017
bsobaid said:

Good for you!

I'm also dealing with a Pakistani staff from my MP's office. However, I still haven't received a decision so far, although I was told that the decision is due this week as per my file. I contacted my MP's office and they got back to me in 10 mins to say "there isn't a decision so far and no notes were added to the file. Please follow up next week" :-X

Application filed: Feb 26, 2016

muzmurad

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-12-2014
File Transfer...
24-12-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
Prior to App
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
bsobaid said:

That's fantastic news! Good to hear!

I contacted her office last week and spoke with them again yesterday. Let's see what they say.

muzmurad

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-12-2014
File Transfer...
24-12-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
Prior to App
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
bsobaid said:

So the MP's office called and told me that due to the load in Islamabad the file has been transferred to Abu Dhabi and will be processed there. I am wondering if that affects timeline. Also in hindsight I should have asked when it was transferred.

I have been told to hold out for 4-5 working days as they are nearing the completion of the file so let's see. Fingers crossed!