Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I applied as common law in January 2016 but have just gotten engaged. Should we send in pictures of engagement? I am sure it wouldnt hurt the application, maybe it would make it stronger? or should we just play it out and see how it goes? If they knew of us getting engaged would that hurt the application in any way?

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
I think sending them engagement photos wouldn't hate the process to say the least.
NRSY said:
I applied as common law in January 2016 but have just gotten engaged. Should we send in pictures of engagement? I am sure it wouldnt hurt the application, maybe it would make it stronger? or should we just play it out and see how it goes? If they knew of us getting engaged would that hurt the application in any way?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
NRSY said:
Being engaged is not a status change for immigration purposes. It's of no benefit to the application and it's always possible that adding extra unrequested material might cause your application processing to be disrupted. Your choice...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zardoz said:
Being engaged is not a status change for immigration purposes. It's of no benefit to the application and it's always possible that adding extra unrequested material might cause your application processing to be disrupted. Your choice...
That said, if you negate the chance for them to request an interview to discuss your relationship (can take weeks to schedule), the extra few minutes of processing time a relationship change might add could speed your case up.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
profiler said:
That said, if you negate the chance for them to request an interview to discuss your relationship (can take weeks to schedule), the extra few minutes of processing time a relationship change might add could speed your case up.
How would I go about sending more information to send pics of the engagement ? Would I do a case specific inquiry form?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officer might say, since you are engaged, to reapply when you are married. I would not tell them. If they ask for more information, or if there is an interview, then yes, mention it.