Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
It sounds like the biggest reason for rejection is if they don't believe the relationship is genuine. Anything else you would be rejected for would be obvious (criminal history, major health concern etc)

You don't need a notice of tax assessment, you just need the Option C print out. You should get it within a week of requesting (within Canada)

Good luck

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Hi guys! :D

We are out of the hospital now with my perfect little baby boy! ;D ;D

Wow things have been happening so fast around here now my head is spinning hehe! I am realy surprized that I got my ppr so fast! I wasnt expecting it just yet, but hey I am sooooooo not complaining!
Now I just need to get send my passport and wait for its return!

My timeline was 6months total which includes having to resubmit my application due to a wrong payment method. Pretoria started processing on 1Dec and I got AOR and additional doc request on 2 Dec. PPR on 8 March.

I kinda feel like I cheated or something since Perfect didnt get a ppr yet! Im sure it will be one of these days!

Hope you guys are well!

Oh ja and a big "Hi" to all the new members on the forum!

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Congradz on both counts Jacuevw...way to go!! Do you have your shiny sticker back yet? I heard from my MP today and he said Pretoria said they are waiting on hubbys medical, they dont have it yet. Apart from that everything else id perfecto. They said they sent a med request on January 11, 2011 and we never got it, so im not sure if the request was sent to Nairobi or to us. And now that his nedz have expired I wonder fi they wil extend them r if we should just go ahead and re-do them. As well, I sent an email to them on January 11 too asking them about the medz so I dont know if theres a mix up or some form of confusion going on. I wrote Pretoria an email just now and I think im going to fax Nairobi to forward the darn results. Am I allowed to contact Nairobi or not??

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Thanks Perfect :D

Havnt heard anything back yet! My passport was delivered to Pretoria last Tuesday and they say it takes 5-10 business days to issue the "shiny sticker". Hopefully I will get an email this week saying that I can arrange for a pickup.Do you think I can arrange with Fedex in SA to go pick it up and courier it back to Canada? Not sure how else I would do it!

Well I am glad to hear that there is some progress on your side Perfect! I am sure the medz issue will clear up soon and you will be on your way to Canada!I dont see why you shouldnt be able to call Nairobi.

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Im not really sure, but I know if you are in Canada you could go to your local fedex, DHL or whatever and they can definately pick it up for you. Keep us posted!! XOXOX

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
My dad (in SA) got a call from Pretoria! They wanted my phone number to call me regarding my passport and other documents that are ready!
@ waitingz: what other docs did you get when you got your pp back?

Just waiting for their call to officially inform me then I will send a courier over there to pick up my pp!

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
congrats to all those with successful apps - makes me feel a bit more optimistic. One question: in the immigrant document checklist it requests "a family composition certificate" - is this mandatory? if so, what is it? I'm sponsoring my husband but we don't hae children. Or is a birth certificate and marriage certificate enough? Thanks!!!

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi Guys,

Wheree can one find the BF date.

Thanks

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Pretoria and Student Loans

Hello!

is it good or bad to mention that I'll probably apply for student loans for 2012-2013? It will mean I'm financially stable - any thoughts??

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
@ Jacquevw...good news everything was very smooth for you. How is the baby sitting going?

@Malawi...It is better to fill out everything in that way there's a less chance that your application will be delayed due to missing information. I wrote N/A on every part that did not apply to me. A marriage certificate and birth certificate should be sufficient enough if either of you has any dependent children.
I wouldn't mention the student loan since you are not in receipt of it yet, as Long as you did not file bankruptcy and are not in receipt of social assistance then you will be fine, absolutely nothing to worry about.

@Alice, If Im not mistaken your BF date is found on your caipes/foss notes.

Best wishes everybody

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Ha the baby sitting is going pretty good thanks! ;DStill waiting for my passport to show up in Canada...it should very soon! I will probably land sometime next week!

Do you have any news yet Perfect?

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Perfect said:
@ Jacquevw...good news everything was very smooth for you. How is the baby sitting going?

@ Malawi...It is better to fill out everything in that way there's a less chance that your application will be delayed due to missing information. I wrote N/A on every part that did not apply to me. A marriage certificate and birth certificate should be sufficient enough if either of you doesnt have any dependent children.
I wouldn't mention the student loan since you are not in receipt of it yet, as Long as you did not file bankruptcy and are not in receipt of social assistance then you will be fine, absolutely nothing to worry about.

@ Alice, If Im not mistaken your BF date is found on your caipes/foss notes.

Best wishes everybody

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
jacquevw said:
Ha the baby sitting is going pretty good thanks! ;DStill waiting for my passport to show up in Canada...it should very soon! I will probably land sometime next week!

Do you have any news yet Perfect?
No news yet...exhausted now!!!!! The last thing I heard was my MP telling me the embassy is waiting for his medz. If they expired cant they just send a re-do or something??? Oh well..I called Ottawa and they said his meds read incomplete..?? So im more lost than ever! I ordered Caips so maybe that will clarify all this ridiculous waiting. As well, im going to call Ottawa again tomorrow to see what expiration date do they have there for his medz, hopefully shell be kind enough to tell me.

FastSnorky

Mar 5, 2011
Durban
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12 -2011
The first stage of our journey begins. The forms have been sent to Mississauga. I just hope they don't take too long to come back to SA.

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Re: Applications processed in Pretoria - two questions

Hi! Two small questions: 1. on the cic receipt who is the “client” – is it the sponsor or the principle applicant? It was paid for with the sponsors visa card - and what is the client ID? 2. On the areas where you can affix a photo, should I glue them on myself or does immigration do that? Thanks!!lient ID"? 2. On the areas where you can affix a photo, should I glue them on myself or does immigration do that? Thanks!!