App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
ferraridekra said:
Still waiting to hear from Pretoria.
Application for permanent residence on February 25, 2014.
Started processing your application on September 10, 2014.
Medical results have been received.
Last correspondence was them requesting for Police Clearance once again which was sent to them by DHL on 26 Sept.
Have not heard anything since then. Even sent them an email requesting them to confirm if they received the Pol Clearance but no reply.

Has anyone applied for a visit visa while their application is being processed in PTA? If so please tell us your experience?
I have not applied for a tourist visa after filling for spousal sponsorship. I was denied visa in february 2013 and it is even harder to get visa if you are being sponsored from what i have read. If you want to try, you will have to build a serious case and do not forget to mention that you are currently in process with regards to your application.

You are in process since September and you have not yet heard from them yet. PTA has pretty slowed down since July 2013 and this is a big reason to worry about.

All the best to those who are waiting.

nurse_85

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Done....
April 2013- re-requested July 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 21/2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14/2014
LANDED..........
September 2/2014 :)
Acecube said:
Sorry to hear about that but that's of very serious concern for all of us.

From what we have seen in this thread no PR has been granted since June 2014 and the average processing time for the Pretoria VO has lengthen considerably since then.

I just hope you hear something soon.

Are you in Canada and the principal applicant is from which country??

My husbands was approved august 2014 1 year after we applied- it's tough but don't loose faith it's all worth it in the end!

zim101

Nov 4, 2014
Good news I just heard from Pretoria, passport request. Came as a surprise especially on a Monday morning. :D
Will be sending the passport shortly see how long that takes although they said 10 working days

Here is my timeline

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Pretoria
App. Filed.......: June 5 2014
Medicals Done: 18 Feb 2014
AOR Received.: 31 July 2014 SA
File Transfer...: 31 July 2014
Passport Request: 26 January 2015

ECAS still shows: Application Received

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
zim101 said:
Good news I just heard from Pretoria, passport request. Came as a surprise especially on a Monday morning. :D
Will be sending the passport shortly see how long that takes although they said 10 working days

Here is my timeline

Congratulations Zim101 :D :D.

At least we have some good news from the Pretoria Visa Office.

All the very best for the future and please update us how much time does the VO takes to return your passport.

zim101

Nov 4, 2014
Acecube said:
Congratulations Zim101 :D :D.

At least we have some good news from the Pretoria Visa Office.

All the very best for the future and please update us how much time does the VO takes to return your passport.
Thanks
Will certainly keep you posted

zim101

Nov 4, 2014
Passport returned Friday 6th of Feb. Good luck to you all, hope Pretoria keeps working faster.

zim101 said:

Here is my timeline

Passport Returned: 6 Feb 2015

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
zim101 said:
Passport returned Friday 6th of Feb. Good luck to you all, hope Pretoria keeps working faster.
Congrats Zim 101 and hope we all get to hear the good news soon.

By way of update, i have sent an email to Pretoria VO asking about my medicals and they have responded today saying that they have received same.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Congrats !!!!

I got a mail from pretoria today , requesting me to send them the police clearence . I can see they are working now .

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Congrats !!!!

I got a mail from pretoria today , requesting me to send them the police clearence . I can see they are working now .
As last you've hear from them. Hope they clear all the backlogs and the current applications as well.

I also presume that this thread will be more lively going forward.

Best of luck to everyone and please share any update Pretoria folks.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I got another email from pretoria today , requesting me to do medical . Because the upfront medical I did was in June 2013 , they have requested me to redo medical and submit a new police clereance .

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
I got another email from pretoria today , requesting me to do medical . Because the upfront medical I did was in June 2013 , they have requested me to redo medical and submit a new police clereance .
Things are at last moving in the right direction for you :). I guess it's part of the procedures since it's been a very long while since your application is with them.

Did you ever request the GCMS notes to see what was causing such a long delay??

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I never request GCMS notes , when we saw that it was taking time , my wife contacted the MP in Canada they started a process of finding out what went wrong , Pretoria said it was my medical , because I never did , as I had a proof we sent to the MP then the MP sent to Pretoria . Then Pretoria replied saying my file was moved away by mistake and they will give it immediate attention.i have scheduled the medical on Monday and I have also applied for the police clearance , I hope everything will be fine .

Acecube said:
Things are at last moving in the right direction for you :). I guess it's part of the procedures since it's been a very long while since your application is with them.

Did you ever request the GCMS notes to see what was causing such a long delay??

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I had my medical redone today as per the immigration request , I am now waiting for the police clearence then wait .

Regards ,

ONB said:
I never request GCMS notes , when we saw that it was taking time , my wife contacted the MP in Canada they started a process of finding out what went wrong , Pretoria said it was my medical , because I never did , as I had a proof we sent to the MP then the MP sent to Pretoria . Then Pretoria replied saying my file was moved away by mistake and they will give it immediate attention.i have scheduled the medical on Monday and I have also applied for the police clearance , I hope everything will be fine .

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
I had my medical redone today as per the immigration request , I am now waiting for the police clearence then wait .

Regards ,

HI ONB

Thanks for the regular updates.

Hope for a much speedy process and the much awaited news from now on.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
I sent an email to my VO i.e Pretoria asking for my medicals and they have responded that they have well received same and today i've noticed that Ecas has changed to medical received.

P.S I guess it's true that Ecas updates on Wednesday and it's your best bet to check it on Wednesday rather than daily to see any changes.