+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Do you know what the hold up is? Is it a complex case?
I don’t know what is hold up , I got pre-arrival last year August, this is the last message I got from them last week

[We apologise for the delay , The file is currently with our Migration Manager under final verification. We will be in contact as soon as a decision has been reached ]

That was the last message I got from them , I don’t even know what that mean . We just need to keep waiting and keep looking at them to do what please them . But God is bigger than them .

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hello to everyone

I am a South African citizen, and my husband is a Canadian citizen. My application was received in July. It’s been a long haul, lots of emotions, and still many more tears left to cry!!!

I am just writing to this forum in hoping that everyone on here who is from Africa, who have their application sitting at Pretoria Visa Offices; would kindly join a WhatsApp group with me???

WhatsApp is just so much easier for us all to stay updated, it’s easier to communicate, and we will have a strong support system!

If you are interested, please let me know and I will post a link for you all to join the Pretoria VO Application 2019 Group!!!

I would really appreciate if we could make this happen. I’ve met lots of friends from WhatsApp groups who are all going through the same process and they have helped tremendously. Looking forward to starting this with everyone! Thanks! ❤
Hi there,

I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship, for my husband who lives in Angola and I am a Canadian citizen. We applied December 20, 2019 and our case has been transferred to Pretoria VO for further processing on January 30, 2020

I received an update from another person on a forum saying they were approved for PR after 4 months in Pretoria... hopefully we have more positive outcomes as this.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi there,

I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship, for my husband who lives in Angola and I am a Canadian citizen. We applied December 20, 2019 and our case has been transferred to Pretoria VO for further processing on January 30, 2020

I received an update from another person on a forum saying they were approved for PR after 4 months in Pretoria... hopefully we have more positive outcomes as this.

I don’t know what is hold up , I got pre-arrival last year August, this is the last message I got from them last week

[We apologise for the delay , The file is currently with our Migration Manager under final verification. We will be in contact as soon as a decision has been reached ]

That was the last message I got from them , I don’t even know what that mean . We just need to keep waiting and keep looking at them to do what please them . But God is bigger than them .
That really sucks. There's a couple of weeks left until the 1 year mark for us. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath. Have you reached out to your MP?

Last edited by a moderator:

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
That really sucks. There's a couple of weeks left until the 1 year mark for us. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath. Have you reached out to your MP?
yes the MP is making the last enquire which is called the Ministerial Enquiry , keep praying to God and hopping for the best am application is going to 20 month now .

Reactions: Brown_Sugar

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian applying for Outland spousal sponsorship for my spouse who lives in Angola. We have one child together who is also Canadian.

Here is my timeline:

App Sent: Dec 19, 2019
App Received in Sydney: Dec 20, 2019
First letter (AOR1) : January 8, 2020
Biometrics Request: January 22, 2020
Sponsor Approval (SA): January 23, 2020
Moved to Pretoria VO: January 30, 2020
Biometrics completed: February 10, 2020
Medical request pending

No further updates, letters or request for medical since. Did anyone else have to wait for a medical request from Pretoria?

thanks!

Last edited:

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen applying for Outland spousal sponsorship for my husband who lives in Angola. We have one child together who is also Canadian.

Here is my timeline:

App Sent: Dec 19, 2019
App Received in Sydney: Dec 20, 2019
First letter (AOR1) : January 8, 2020
Biometrics Request: January 22, 2020
Sponsor Approval (SA): January 23, 2020
Moved to Pretoria VO: January 30, 2020
Biometrics completed: February 10, 2020
Medical request pending

No further updates, letters or request for medical since. Did anyone else have to wait for a medical request from Pretoria?

thanks!
Yes, it took 5 months for us to receive the medical request. Other people received them so quickly that I thought something was wrong with our application lol. Pretoria takes a while.

Reactions: Diamond David

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
This office is quick. I got AOR 2 in January and DM last week. Depends on how many different places applicant has visited, personal history etc. as this all increases the time of the background check and it is not in the office's control.
Hi, I am new to this process and just read your post. You mentioned that it depends on how many different places the applicant has visited etc. My spouse has not visited anywhere except once within Africa. How does this affect the application?

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
I'm assuming it was because of the travel history. They asked us to submit the PAs full travel history. No other documents were requested.
ok, my spouse hasn’t travelled outside of the country. this is our first marriage and we have a child together who is Canadian. From what I’ve seen in reading the posts, there have been delays because of travel history and past marriages... I’m sure there are other things that would delay the process, but I’d like to think our application is pretty straightforward. I will update the forum once our case has movement.

hoping to hear good news from you regarding your security clearance and PPR. :)

Last edited: