+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

G

gte439u

garian4u said:
gte439u, it is very random. My CIO NS AOR was by e-mail, then Buffalo AOR by US Post, Medical and RPRF request by US Post, PPR by e-mail again.

I am in the same situation as you are! The CIO sent me an email, but the rest has been via Canada Post. I have no idea what to expect for the next communication.

Congratulations on this huge step.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Pro1, I actually need advice here. I would perhaps need to go to Buffalo in person, but there is a caveat. First, the reason for me trying to go in person - my US visa expires on 16 Nov. Though an extension is filed, there is no guarantee that it will be approved. So, by the slightest of chance if my passport gets delayed (to be returned by Buffalo) or is lost, and in the meanwhile I have to leave US, I will be stuck. Seeing the risk involved in sending the passports by mail, I am thinking of going by person. However, my wife is working on both the days (Tue and Thu) when Buffalo stamps a passport. She is a lecturer and can't miss the lecture as it is a time bound course. So, she can't accompany me to Buffalo. My 1st question - Am I taking the right decision is trying to go in person? My 2nd question - Can I take my wife's passport (and photos) with me and Authority letter to Buffalo to get visa for both of us? Problem is Seattle to Buffalo 1 way is around 7-10 hours of flight time and tickets are also coming between 400 - 1000 dollars (depending on the day). I need advise, guys...

Do not wait man, go in person, and get your visa stamped right away like i did. Your wife does not have to be with you for the visa stamping. just take the passport, and written authorization from her (just in case they ask for it).

I sent my cousin to Buffalo from Canada with my passport, written authorization, and he got the visa stamped right away.

Do not send it by mail, in person is safer and super faster.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Do not wait man, go in person, and get your visa stamped right away like i did. Your wife does not have to be with you for the visa stamping. just take the passport, and written authorization from her (just in case they ask for it).

I sent my cousin to Buffalo from Canada with my passport, written authorization, and he got the visa stamped right away.

Do not send it by mail, in person is safer and super faster.
Righto Pro1, I just completed making my booking for the 18th Oct, planning to get the visa stamped on 19th Oct

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,

Can anyone help me with a question about the timing of landing? I plan to land at either Christmas or New Year of 2011, but I heard that choosing holiday to land may incur unexpected trouble. Is it true? I have a job and don't want to quit before the landing. Is it OK for me to land during that last week of December? Thank you!

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
hi professional 1,

please tell me what r documents and others papper work i need for landing as i m in canada for last four yrs did 2 jobs under same category, please tell me becoz i m plannin to do it this week just going to US border and back ??

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada001 said:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with a question about the timing of landing? I plan to land at either Christmas or New Year of 2011, but I heard that choosing holiday to land may incur unexpected trouble. Is it true? I have a job and don't want to quit before the landing. Is it OK for me to land during that last week of December? Thank you!

There is no any problem for you to land anytime as long as your permanent residence visa is still valid not expired. (weekend, holidays,...etc) does not matter.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jits1000 said:
hi professional 1,

please tell me what r documents and others papper work i need for landing as i m in canada for last four yrs did 2 jobs under same category, please tell me becoz i m plannin to do it this week just going to US border and back ??

I took my study permit, off-campus work permit, proof of funds (Bank statement, printed out stamped, and signed from the bank), the passport containing the PR visa, and the conformation of permanent residence.

When i arrived to the canadian immigration officer, i gave her the passport, conformation of permanent residence, the refusal letter to enter the USA only, and asked her if she needs my study permit or work permit, she said "no i do not need all of that, just give me your proof of funds". That was it, and she did the landing procedures within 5 mins exactly.

By the way,

I did not fill in any forms, she just took my mailing address, and asked me to make a final review on the COPR to make sure that the information in it is correct such as; name spelling, mailing address, date of birth, country of birth, marital status....etc, then i was asked to sign in the available space for applicant signature in the COPR, and told me that the card will be mailed within 6 to 7 weeks.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its still IN PROCESS...after 90 days are over, I am thinking to order CAIPS.

garian4u said:
Thanks mark_immi. What's the status of your case?

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Guys,

Another suggestion....

Do you suggest me to send RPPF along with my medicals although they had not asked for it? Would it expedite the process? If you answer yes, then please explain a bit how to send it.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Guys,

Another suggestion....

Do you suggest me to send RPPF along with my medicals although they had not asked for it? Would it expedite the process? If you answer yes, then please explain a bit how to send it.

Yes, check the following link to Know how to pay the RPRF in los Angeles visa office:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/imm/fees-frais_los_angeles.aspx?lang=eng

loveworld

Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2009
AOR Received.
14-10-2009
Med's Request
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
Hello everyone, it is nice to see that everyone crossing their goal line. I congratulate them who have reached their goal and I wish best of luck who are about to reach. I hope, you all will make it sooner or later.
I am little worried about my application. It has been six months that my application in Process. I applied Buffalo VO last year September 17. One month ago I wanted to know about the “status and medical request” they replied. I am posting it bellow you may get some information from their reply.
By the way I am already in Canada with study visa.

The medical forms will be sent when the application reaches the
appropriate stage in processing.

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the
processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveworld said:
Hello everyone, it is nice to see that everyone crossing their goal line. I congratulate them who have reached their goal and I wish best of luck who are about to reach. I hope, you all will make it sooner or later.
I am little worried about my application. It has been six months that my application in Process. I applied Buffalo VO last year September 17. One month ago I wanted to know about the “status and medical request” they replied. I am posting it bellow you may get some information from their reply.
By the way I am already in Canada with study visa.

The medical forms will be sent when the application reaches the
appropriate stage in processing.

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the
processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Your timeline is almost the same as mine, even in the situation, i was an international student in canada during the application process. You should be getting your medical request soon, i think they are still verifying your documents.

Wish you the best of luck.

loveworld

Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2009
AOR Received.
14-10-2009
Med's Request
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
professional 1 said:
Your timeline is almost the same as mine, even in the situation, i was an international student in canada during the application process. You should be getting your medical request soon, i think they are still verifying your documents.

Wish you the best of luck.
Thank you Professional 1 for the wish. Yes you are right your time line and mine are same. I applied my application while I was in the USA then I moved into Canada. I had been living 4 more countries more than six months before moved into Canada. It might be the reason of the delaying.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
mark_immi said:
Its still IN PROCESS...after 90 days are over, I am thinking to order CAIPS.
Hey Mark_imim, did you email and ask the VO about your case. the 90 day periods has passed, you have the right to ask now :)