+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
parulkrish said:
Hi, Pooja &
Hi, Torontonian

Below is my timeline, please keep us updated so we will know when to hear something from Buffalo

HI,
I am currently in Canada on work permit

NOC 6215

We received your application for permanent residence on November 6, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 19, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on January 27, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Thanks
parulkrish, in following link all have similar status....
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-2nd-aor-between-15th-april-to-15th-may-t44345.0.html

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nn000 said:
I went to Buffalo today and got my passport stamp. They just took my passport+pictures, application number and didnt ask for my PPR letter. I landed at Fort erie in the afternoon. thnx all of you guys for your support/comments for the past year.
Hey, would you like to share your landing experiences?
Cheers,

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nn000 said:
I went to Buffalo today and got my passport stamp. They just took my passport+pictures, application number and didnt ask for my PPR letter. I landed at Fort erie in the afternoon. thnx all of you guys for your support/comments for the past year.
CONGRATULATIONS nn000.......!!!

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
I just found some statistical data from CIC, which can help us predict something.
1. CIC Permanent Resident Applicants Awaiting a Decision
Up to 12/31/2009, there are 945,445 applicants who have been waiting for a decision. In 2009, totally 252,124 new immigrants were accepted. So that means, it will take at least 5 years for CIC to carry out its "20000-CAP" rule.
2. Canada – Permanent and Temporary Residents
All those FSW applicants belong to "Economic Immigrants." In 2009, Canada accepted 153,458 economic immigrants (about 96,000 skilled workers, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2009/permanent/01.asp) out of 252,124 new immigrants. Further, Q3 is the only quarter, during which they accepted the largest number of economic immigrants. So, those who have already done with the medical examination in Q2 and anxiously waited for the "next" should get yourself ready to the PPR, which will come in very soon!
3. For my information source, please check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2009-Q4/index.asp

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada001 said:
I just found some statistical data from CIC, which can help us predict something.
1. CIC Permanent Resident Applicants Awaiting a Decision
Up to 12/31/2009, there are 945,445 applicants who have been waiting for a decision. In 2009, totally 252,124 new immigrants were accepted. So that means, it will take at least 5 years for CIC to carry out its "20000-CAP" rule.
2. Canada – Permanent and Temporary Residents
All those FSW applicants belong to "Economic Immigrants." In 2009, Canada accepted 153,458 economic immigrants out of 252,124 new immigrants. Further, Q3 is the only quarter, during which they accepted the largest number of economic immigrants. So, those who have already done with the medical examination in Q2 and anxiously waited for the "next" should get yourself ready to the PPR, which will come in very soon!
3. For my information source, please check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2009-Q4/index.asp
If you want you can also get the CD from them. I got my 2 months ago.
Cheers,

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
OK, I just called Ottawa for my medical result. The very nice lady talked with me for a good three minutes but she just didn't want to tell me "We have received your result." Instead, she keeps saying "please contact your visa office and they have received all what they want." So, based on others posts and my experience, a conclusion is that medical result will be accessible by local visa offices at their Intranet by 10 days to 14 days since the result is delivered to Ottawa. However, some of us have to wait for 2-3 months to get PPR excluding that 14 days. What's the reason? Other than the request of the 2nd FBI clearance, is there any other reason for visa office to hold our PPR for 60 or 90 days? Is it possible that there's an invisible quota for each of 38 or 29 occupations? They can assign those quota within 4 quarters, i.e., if there are 100 quota for registered nurse for Q2, and if there are 110 applicants should be sent PPR in April or May, then there will be 10 applicants have to wait until July (Q3) to get PPR (although they are done with medical in March). Any of your ideas???

nn000

Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
13-05-2010
Med's Done....
08-06-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
LANDED..........
13-07-2010
beauhoe said:
Hey, would you like to share your landing experiences?
Cheers,
here is my experience of getting PR visa and landing

I arrived in Buffalo at 9AM and walked to HSBC center. There was no line up for Canadian Consulate at the main lobby. I took the elevator and went straight into the office. At the "window", I handed over my passport/photos/file number. I didnt have my PPR letter. The lady gave me a number and told me to wait. An hour later, I was called up. The lady gave back my passport with visa+COPR/2 photos (they took only one photo) and asked me to check the COPR paper before leaving.
Landing:
After getting my visa at Buffalo office, I took Greyhound to Toronto. I informed the bus driver about my intend to "land". Arriving at Fort Erie, the bus driver let me go inside first. A nice officer handled my papers. He asked me a few questions
"You look happy. You must be here for landing?"
"Have you ever been in Canada?"
"Where do you work in Toronto?"
"DO you have proof of funds"
I gave him bank statements and letter of employment. He took them and never actually checked them. He then processed the paperwork, asked me to sign the COPR paper and if I have anything to declare. He checked the photo on COPR to make sure it's fit for PR card and and advised that the PR card will be mailed to my place in 4 - 6 weeks.
After that he handed back the passport and my documents. He also reminded me about SIN and Health care applications.
The whole process was very straight forward and took less than 10 mins.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Guys, I checked my USPS express mail tracking just now and saw that my passport return package has been shipped from NY today. It should reach me by tomorrow :)

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Welcome to Canada nn000!!! :D

Anne55
nn000 said:
here is my experience of getting PR visa and landing

I arrived in Buffalo at 9AM and walked to HSBC center. There was no line up for Canadian Consulate at the main lobby. I took the elevator and went straight into the office. At the "window", I handed over my passport/photos/file number. I didnt have my PPR letter. The lady gave me a number and told me to wait. An hour later, I was called up. The lady gave back my passport with visa+COPR/2 photos (they took only one photo) and asked me to check the COPR paper before leaving.
Landing:
After getting my visa at Buffalo office, I took Greyhound to Toronto. I informed the bus driver about my intend to "land". Arriving at Fort Erie, the bus driver let me go inside first. A nice officer handled my papers. He asked me a few questions
"You look happy. You must be here for landing?"
"Have you ever been in Canada?"
"Where do you work in Toronto?"
"DO you have proof of funds"
I gave him bank statements and letter of employment. He took them and never actually checked them. He then processed the paperwork, asked me to sign the COPR paper and if I have anything to declare. He checked the photo on COPR to make sure it's fit for PR card and and advised that the PR card will be mailed to my place in 4 - 6 weeks.
After that he handed back the passport and my documents. He also reminded me about SIN and Health care applications.
The whole process was very straight forward and took less than 10 mins.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Congrats Pasi!
Hope the rest of us who are waiting will have the same good experience as yours!
God bless! :D

Anne55
Pasi said:
Guys, I checked my USPS express mail tracking just now and saw that my passport return package has been shipped from NY today. It should reach me by tomorrow :)

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
Hi guys, I got my passport request today. My wife is currently in canada with single entry visitor visa. Her visa will expired in August 4, 2010. She entered canada on 14th June, 2010. She got an entry stamp but no expiry date? Can she stay here for 6 months from 14th June, 2010?

Thanks in advance.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Excellent news Pasi. So end to end, your Buffalo journey was indeed for 6 months, right? Hearty congrats and keep posting updates.

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
For those who are waiting too see if the MEDICAL RESULTs have been received by OTTAWA and Visa Office... here's an update

I emailed LOS angeles last monday inquiring about my medical result. This afternoon @ around 4pm email was sent to me informing me that they received my medical result and my application is pending for final review.

My ECAS didn't change it is still in process... I believe if your DMP sent the results 1st or 2nd week of June, chances are the results are already forwarded to VO and they just not updating thier system yet.

So for those who are waiting....just be patient!

Thanks and Godbless!