+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
Interesting comments here. Thanks.
Professional1 or other members....
I do have all of my tax doc W2 while in USA and it supports the salary ammount in the experience letter. Should I just send it along with my Full Application, even though it is not asked in the Buffalo visa office requirement?

professional 1 said:
If your work experience which you claim is from the USA, Buffalo will likely ask for it since the system in the USA is very similar to the one in canada.

Anyway, they do not list that in their document checklist but they still sometimes ask for it even if the work experience is gained outside Canada or the USA.

The point here arise when they have any doubts or unclear information regarding your work experience documents which prevent them from deciding the exact number of hours or the exact salary which you had during your work experience years.

Another important thing in that regard, if the immigration officer has any doubts that your work experience might not be true because your field of study is far away from that work experience(bear in mind that it is not required to have the same field of study as the work experience but they can ask for extra documents if they have doubts in that regard), in this case he might ask for the tax documents and the payslips just to make sure that you were really working at that company and were paid the claimed salary.

Here he wants to double confirm the information from an independent third party such as the taxation department, or the body of the governmnet that can confirm your work experience officially, it does not mean that the third party is going to confirm your duties because only your employer knows them but at least the purpose is to confirm the working periods (dates) and (the salary paid).

If you know "maple", he is a member here in this forum, he finished his medicals and at the last stage, the immigration officer has asked him to send the taxation documents as a final request, he sent an explanation letter stating that his level of salary was under the tax deductions and almost since June, 2008 up until now his application is not done yet and the reason might be the taxation documents.

My advice is, do not mention about them if you do not have them since they are not included in the Buffalo checklist because if you do so, you will draw their attention to the problem and they might be insistent that you send them. If things went smoothly in your application process without any request for them, you would be fine without any headache.

If they ask for those documents in the future, write an explanation letter stating the reasons of not being able to get them.

Good luck.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ELAR said:
Hi Mark and everyone in Buffalo journey, no news about my AOR yet. If I send an email and the end of this week, I was wondering how fast will they reply to it, any idea?
ELAR,
Going by a few other posts, it appears that you should get your AOR from Buffalo sometime this week. If not, you can send them e-mail to ask. Normally, I have got replies from Buffalo via e-mail within 24-48 hours (although they have been standard replies, not of much help, as I am still not in their system). But, here's the thing, it was evident that the file was transferred from CIO NS to Buffalo. When I had written for the first time to them, I had a generic topic in the Subject line and did not mention my CIO File number anywhere in the e-mail. However, when the reply came, it had my CIO File No. in the Subject line. Do keep posting your updates, as I will be able to calculate my approximate timeline for AOR based on your timelines. I am around 3 weeks away from you at Buffalo, as my application was received on 10th Feb.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Thanks garian4u, so do you think if I send a status request via email in the next week, they might reply including the new AOR?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ELAR said:
Hi Mark and everyone in Buffalo journey, no news about my AOR yet. If I send an email and the end of this week, I was wondering how fast will they reply to it, any idea?
They usually respond within 48-72 hours. You can also call the CIC call center. The phone # is on the CIC website.

Mark

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ELAR said:
Thanks garian4u, so do you think if I send a status request via email in the next week, they might reply including the new AOR?
Hahaha, that's wishful thinking :) I guess the process of issuing the new AOR is handled by a different group than the reps who answer / reply to e-mail queries. So, if the new AOR has not been generated yet, they will reference your old AOR in the reply.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erikvirgo said:
Interesting comments here. Thanks.
Professional1 or other members....
I do have all of my tax doc W2 while in USA and it supports the salary ammount in the experience letter. Should I just send it along with my Full Application, even though it is not asked in the Buffalo visa office requirement?

That is completely up to you, if you would like to send them, they are not going to refuse them.

Good luck.

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
Thanks - I think I will add all photocopies of my W2 in my Full Appl - so that way my case is stronger...

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi All once again,
I received my medical request today.
The latter was dated March 3rd. [Ecas status said that processing had started on Feb. 25th.]
They have informed that interview is waived but they have the discretion to call for interview at any later stage if needed.
Action has to be taken by me to complete the medical within 60 days, presumably from the date of issue of the letter.
They also asked me to process a police clearance from FBI in addition but only for principal applicant.
Can anyone please inform what are typical charges for a designated medical practitioner here in the US?
Thanks.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honolulu, congratulations !! I do not have definite info, but I have heard that the Medical charges for Canada immigration are typically $200 - $300 per person. You can get the list of registered practictioners who can perform these tests from the CIC website and then call them up to enquire about the charges. Can you also share what is your NOC that you applied under?

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
Congrats Honolulu!!!! can you plz share your time lines, as to when you applied to NS and when they transfered the fiel to Buffalo etc.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks Garian and Texan,
I am 4131, and have had my AOR in June 2009 from Buffalo.
My Nova Scotia approval was in Feb. 2009.
I put other relevant details of timeline information in my profile.
Please keep me in your prayers and good wishes.

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Honolulu said:
Thanks Garian and Texan,
I am 4131, and have had my AOR in June 2009 from Buffalo.
My Nova Scotia approval was in Feb. 2009.
I put other relevant details of timeline information in my profile.
Please keep me in your prayers and good wishes.
How can you so quick? You file your case 30th May and get Second AOV 9th June? I file mine in Buffalo JAN 25th and haven't heart a word from them yet.......

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
YOU SHOULD email buffalo regarding that.....because 52 weeks have been passed now......everybody got the same reply to contact them after 52 weeks

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
How much time to get back the PR Stamped passport from CIC-Seattle?
Can anybody share his/her experience please?

Mar