+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Thanks Professional1,

Application reached buffalo on 17th Sept , AOR on Oct 7. I saw the email late.

Thanks,

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
yeah, i got the new file no in email, below is the content for your/everyones reference.

Dear Applicant:

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please note that this file number is different from the one that was assigned to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You must quote this new file number in any future correspondence.

Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a refund.

Click here for additional information.
Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203
e-mail: buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation again and hope the best of luck for you, i will update any new in my case whenever there is any changes as well.

Thank you.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Thanks Professional1 and all the best to you too. Hope our process is little quicker.

:)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Congratulations reach. At least you are in the queue for processing now. I am glad you guys are keepin the forum alive. It has been over 2 months now since I have gotten my file number, yet no further change has been observed at my end. Buffalo gets about 6,000 - 7,000 applications per year (just an estimate). It ain't too much, when you compare them from the applicants in Asian countries like India, Philippines, China, Pakistan etc. Still they are very slow in processing.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

Despite what Kenny said, this is the first time CIC is experimenting with the idea of completing the whole application process in 6-12 months. My gut feelin is that this is just an experiment. There is no guarantee that the results will be visible in 6-12 months all the time for all the people. For example, I know of one applicant on this forum who applied in March 2009 from New Delhi and got his Medicals by June 2009. I would call that superfast. However, I am guessin it does not apply to every applicant. I guess it depends on the CIC office you choose and also the category under which you apply. Let us hope for the best.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan :

Actually some people got their immigration visa under the new rules within only four months !!! from the begining to the end of the process and they are now in canada. From New Delhi visa office, so why doesn't Buffalo do the same !!!!

Have a look at this case, the entire processing time took only 3 months and some days exactly (116 day) from the beginning to the end.

This is his case at trackitt.com :

trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/discuss/federal-skilled-workers/3157

This is some quotes from his case in this forum from the following link :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/good-news-received-aor-along-with-medical-and-passport-request-and-rprf-fee-t18373.0.html

narinder1981 said:
Dear Friends,

Today I received my AOR from New Delhi CIC office ( applied under new rules on Feb, 2009) along with that I have been give 45 days to submit following:
1. Right of Permanent fee
2. Medicals
3. Complete attached travel form for both me and my spouse
4. Passports.

For 4th point they have written: request for your passport at this time is not a guarantee of visa issuance.
narinder1981 said:
Friends,

I applied on 9th Feb 2009 in Category1 (FSW), Actually I applied on 4th Jan 2009 but due to insufficient fees they returned my application back. on 9th Feb. I created DD for the rest amount and sent back the docs on same day.
Recieved AOR on 14th March sent by CIC Sydney
Submitted all supporting docs to CIC New Delhi. on 21st March.
Today received AOR + medical request + landing fee + travel forms all in one request :)

I was eagerly waiting for my AOR for last 40 days but it is my good luck that I received everything in one go. I am confident that everyone who have applied under new rules will get same response. Good luck to all of you.
narinder1981 said:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

THANKS GOD.

WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED OUR PASSPORTSSSSSS STAMPPED................

SO HAPPY................................

narinder1981 said:
I am very glad to see alot many members were asked to submit ppt. Now everyone can see the results and can easily speculate how fast the new system is. My case didnt even take 4 months. In 3 months and some days I received my visa. This is what I think is even faster than applying for work permit.

Wishing all of you good luck in your visa process.

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Hi,

I sent full documents to Buffalo on last week of September'09. I've not yet received any response.
I'm moving back to India this month [October'09]. In that case what should I do ?
Following all these threads I got a conception that New Delhi Visa office is doing much faster processing now a days than Buffalo.
My question is Will it be worth for me trasferring my application from Buffalo to New Delhi from d point of view of reducing over all processing time ?
To be more specific How long does it take to transfer application to one visa office to another ?
Also Will it affect my application processing any other way ?
plzz help guys.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

Yeah, after reading cases like the one you mentioned, your stomach churns. While things are super fast in New Delhi, Buffalo is very slow at processing applications. I guess it also depends on your NOC category. So far of what I have read, they have just started clearing the Feb-March '08 backlog in Buffalo. God help us.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
zoom.84:

From what I have read, you can have your file transferred to another office as long as you have a solid reason to back up your claim for the transfer. And that better be a damn good reason to convince them. And yes, I have read about many people from New Delhi who have had the whole process completed in 3-4 months. Buffalo could take anywhere from 12 months onward. God help us.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Is there anyone on this forum who has filed through NS>>>Buffalo and has gotten his PR? Feels like everyone I come across on this forum who applied from USA is kinda stuck in the same mud. Those especially who got their file # between Jun-Aug do keep in touch through this forum.

shrespn

Sep 15, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo (Now Los Angeles)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
AOR Received.
21-07-2009
File Transfer...
04-12-2010
Looks like I am in the same boat as some of you. I sent my application to CIC-Nova Scotia in late May. Late July, I got an email saying I should send my application package to Buffalo consulate. In late August, I got all my application package back with a note saying I needed to send it back with some additional papers. Yesterday (Oct 9), I received an email from Buffalo with a file number with the following note:

"Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a refund."

Can someone tell me what is the next step? How soon do they notify me if my application is eligible for processing?

I would like to keep updating all of you with my status and thanks for creating and contributing to this post.

Cheers.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
MarkCan said:
Is there anyone on this forum who has filed through NS>>>Buffalo and has gotten his PR? Feels like everyone I come across on this forum who applied from USA is kinda stuck in the same mud. Those especially who got their file # between Jun-Aug do keep in touch through this forum.
Guys...dont worry...canadian conservative minister Jason Kenny is "fast tracking" the immigration process by reducing "red tape" by introducing extra steps like Sydney Nova Scotia into the process....

People in New Delhi who applied in December 2003 are waiting and people who applied at same place in Feb. 2009 already got PR. I applied in Buffalo in March 2009. I heard maybe i hear back in 1-1.5 yrs....what kind of fast track is it...wtf is this liar conservative Jason Kenney upto...."fast track" propaganda..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonu81 said:
Guys...dont worry...canadian conservative minister Jason Kenny is "fast tracking" the immigration process by reducing "red tape" by introducing extra steps like Sydney Nova Scotia into the process....

People in New Delhi who applied in December 2003 are waiting and people who applied at same place in Feb. 2009 already got PR. I applied in Buffalo in March 2009. I heard maybe i hear back in 1-1.5 yrs....what kind of fast track is it...wtf is this liar conservative Jason Kenney upto...."fast track" propaganda..

Actually i don't see any point of the CIO step since they have no any authority to assess the applications except by the applicants' words !!! why do they take our words honestly in the CIO (when some people claim job titles or responsibilities that they don't have) by giving them the initial approval and wasting thier time at the CIO to process their applications !!! when they hold the real applications sent along with the supporting documents for one year (pending initial review !) the step which was done in the CIO without even one document supporting the claim within 2 or three months !!!!!! whereas it takes 52 week in Buffalo just to do the same step (eligibility review) in 52 week !!!!
i don't know which kind of development to the immigration system have they done ??

If people in the CIO office have the ability to assess applications eligibility within 2 or 3 months, why doesn't immigration canada give them a real authority to check the supporting documents for the eligibility along with the application ! or if they cannot assess the supporting documents, just simply cancel that step (CIO) and leave the entire process to the local visa offices (CIO is doing a fake assessment), waste of time and money for people who work there and take monthly salaries, and for the applicants around the world.

After all jason kenney claims that he is speeding up the process of the FSW !!! i believe that he needs to speed up his way of thinking at first (how smart he is !!!)