+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrseee said:
Hey Bro Professional 1,
I really appreciate your valuable information.
I am trying to manage one of my friends to go there. If it is not possible, I will mail it. It's a good point that you mentioned to attach the new address.
Do you have any idea how long does it take to get the passport stamped once it is reached Buffalo?
Other thing I am wondering where can I find that authorization form for others to carry my passport.
Thanks for your time.

jrseee

Hi jrseee,

As per their website, it takes upto 2 weeks to stamp the visa since the date they recieve the passport by mail, add the mailing time required to get it back which in total might be 28 days.

Regarding the authorization, there is no specific format, you can use the following:

Authorization

This is to certify that I, .................... authorize, Mr. .................. to carry may ( the nationality of the) passport, number.(...................) to the Canadian consulate general in Buffalo-New York for the permanent residence visa issuance.

your name: .................

Passport number: ....................

Date: ....................

Signature: ......................

Good luck.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was received at the new address, I would say just to be on safe side try to stay in touch with someone at your old address

abhi812 said:
Hi mark_mmi,

I heard your lawyer has cahnged the address ,was the medical sen to you on new address of your lawyer.
I am bit woried because I have cahnged my address,it is shown in ecas also,But i am woried that they should not sent to my old address

fitnus

Aug 22, 2010
We received your application for permanent residence on September 26, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 25, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on December 3, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on July 7, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

Medical results have been received. 10/27/2010
PPR 10/29/2010
got visa in person 02/11/2010 :eek:

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Processing time Updated for all visa office today

Buffalo 17 Months

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fitnus said:
We received your application for permanent residence on September 26, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 25, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on December 3, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on July 7, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

Medical results have been received. 10/27/2010
PPR 10/29/2010
got visa in person 02/11/2010 :eek:

Congratulations.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parulkrish said:
Processing time Updated for all visa office today

Buffalo 17 Months

Yes, i see Buffalo processing time became 17, and Egypt is the longest one 19.

Thank god i am out of the game.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
professional 1 said:
Hi jrseee,

As per their website, it takes upto 2 weeks to stamp the visa since the date they recieve the passport by mail, add the mailing time required to get it back which in total might be 28 days.

Regarding the authorization, there is no specific format, you can use the following:

Authorization

This is to certify that I, .................... authorize, Mr. .................. to carry may ( the nationality of the) passport, number.(...................) to the Canadian consulate general in Buffalo-New York for the permanent residence visa issuance.

your name: .................

Passport number: ....................

Date: ....................

Signature: ......................

Good luck.
Hi Professional 1,
Thank you very much for your informative response.

Actually, I am gonna send my passport by mail.
What I understand form their website I can send it directly to Buffalo. And when sending it to Buffalo, I can use courier services e.g., FedEx but for return envelope, I have to use mail services e.g., canada post-Express post. Express post-national or Express post-USA envelope, which one is required for returning? confused....??

Also, they have two addresses pretty much similar but has very little difference.

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
U.S.A.

But when I click on the link came with the email sent to me, following one appears

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

The only difference is that "RFV" in the second address. Which one should I use?

Just wanna make sure I am doing exactly what is needed to be done since I have a deadline to meet.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Twilight871 said:
hi jsree
congrates for your PPR. I was also looking for a format of the authorization letter. If you get one, I will really appreciate if you please share. Another thing, which is your local office, Buffalo? and at what date your medical reached Ottowa? thank you
Yes, Buffalo is my local visa office.
I am not sure exactly on what date my medical reached Ottawa but it was sent from my DMP on Sept. 9 by express post. I would guess it reached Ottawa no later than Sept. 16, since it is within the same province.

fitnus

Aug 22, 2010
hi if i do not have any I 94 or valid visa in usa is that going to effect on my landing ? my usa green card is in pending situation . and i got canada green card. what to do advice

lavasi

Jun 24, 2010
jattu1980 said:
Congratulations Lavasi! :) What are your plans now?
Thank you

here is my time line.

category: FSW 3
CIO application: Jul 2009
DOC request: Aug 2009
Full DOC submitted: Oct 2009
AOR: Nov 2009
In process and Medical request: May 2010
Medical done: May 25, 2010
PPR: July 20, 2010
PP received: AUG 31, 2010
Landed on: Sep 03, 2010

Congratulations for those who got their PR and PPR. Good luck for others.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrseee said:
Hi Professional 1,
Thank you very much for your informative response.

Actually, I am gonna send my passport by mail.
What I understand form their website I can send it directly to Buffalo. And when sending it to Buffalo, I can use courier services e.g., FedEx but for return envelope, I have to use mail services e.g., canada post-Express post. Express post-national or Express post-USA envelope, which one is required for returning? confused....??

Also, they have two addresses pretty much similar but has very little difference.

Canadian Consulate General
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
U.S.A.

But when I click on the link came with the email sent to me, following one appears

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

The only difference is that "RFV" in the second address. Which one should I use?

Just wanna make sure I am doing exactly what is needed to be done since I have a deadline to meet.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

If you live in canada, use "Canada post-Express national" for the return envelop.

Both addresses are the same, but use the second one with (RFV).

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Any updates from LA members ?

Would like to know if anybody got PPR request from LA office ?

Regards.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
karsatjaya said:
Any updates from LA members ?

Would like to know if anybody got PPR request from LA office ?

Regards.
Nope..nothing from me at least.

greta

Jul 13, 2010
Hello, We applied to Buffalo, and I was hoping someone on this thread might be able to help us...

We got the medicals request in June 2010, we got those done and sent them the results. 5 weeks later, we got a letter for additional medical tests, and I just got those done as well, and will send them the results in last week of November.

We had already sent them all our other documents (like PCC, the work reference letters, the bank statements as they had requested for all these earlier in September 2010) in one envelope.

Now in the middle of it all, we got a letter from them saying they did not receive our PCCs, or our additional medical testing results, and we should send those by first week in Dec or they will close our file. We were like ??? because firstly, our additional medical testing deadline is in end of November, by which time we will send it, and our PCC was in the same envelope that had all these other documents, they apparently got all other docs, but not the PCC? Didn't make any sense to us.

So we wrote them an email, sent them a hard copy letter and also sent in a case specific inquiry to clarify and check about it (getting the PCC is hard because it takes about 6 weeks, and we already got it issued once, not sure if we apply again for the PCCs, we will be able to meet their Dec. 1st week deadline!)

Anyway, long story short, we're worried :'(. Does anyone have any ideas here or someone encountered something like this?