+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
sazid said:
Hi All,

I got my passport request by email yesterday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :),Thanks seniors for all the information you have provided. Send the passport by mail today as i wont be able to go in person due to office work. Hope to get the passport stamped quickly with the maple leaf.
Congrates!!! it looks like they sent PPR around 1 month after delivering medical report to Ottowa. Pretty fast.

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Congrates!!! it looks like they sent PPR around 1 month after delivering medical report to Ottowa. Pretty fast.
Thank you twilight

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
sazid said:
Hi All,

I got my passport request by email yesterday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :),Thanks seniors for all the information you have provided. Send the passport by mail today as i wont be able to go in person due to office work. Hope to get the passport stamped quickly with the maple leaf.
Congratulations, sazid! So happy for you... :)

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Congratulations to sazid.
best of luck for new life in CANADA.
Hope rest of all like me got SOON.

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andypatel said:
Congratulations to sazid.
best of luck for new life in CANADA.
Hope rest of all like me got SOON.
Thanks Andy, Hope you to get your PPR soon.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Congratulations Sazid!!!

Wish you good luck and have a great life in Canada...

Thanks

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karsatjaya said:
Congratulations Sazid!!!

Wish you good luck and have a great life in Canada...

Thanks
THANKS karsatjaya , hope you get your ppr soon.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Hi,
I have a question with regard to landing in Canada.

There is a requirement of a list of goods that you are bringing and also a list of goods that are to follow. What if we're just going there for a few days and plan to come back to US? What should be contents of this list? Of course, we're just bringing some personal effects and nothing major. And we are not yet sure when is the exact time we will be landing there permanently. What is the risk if I just list down the personal effects that I have with me? In doing this, would there be any problem by the time we land permanently (with all our bulky items)? Thanks in advance.

For those interested as to reason why I'm asking this question -- my US visa is due for re-stamping (my petition just got renewed this year). Unfortunately, no interview appointment date is available in my country during my travel period. So I'm taking into consideration landing in Canada as PR and at the same time have my US visa stamped there. Do you think there would be a problem? Because I think it sounds weird that I just landed and I'm also applying for a US visa. Thanks thanks! ;D

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Hi,

There is a requirement of a list of goods that you are bringing and also a list of goods that are to follow. What if we're just going there for a few days and plan to come back to US? What should be contents of this list? Of course, we're just bringing some personal effects and nothing major. And we are not yet sure when is the exact time we will be landing there permanently. What is the risk if I just list down the personal effects that I have with me? In doing this, would there be any problem by the time we land permanently (with all our bulky items)? Thanks in advance.

For those interested as to reason why I'm asking this question -- my US visa is due for re-stamping (my petition just got renewed this year). Unfortunately, no interview appointment date is available in my country during my travel period. So I'm taking into consideration landing in Canada as PR and at the same time have my US visa stamped there. Do you think there would be a problem? Because I think it sounds weird that I just landed and I'm also applying for a US visa. Thanks thanks! ;D
Hi Avaya,
I am also in same situation , my us visa is in approval stage once it gets approved i am planning to land in canada and get it stamped there, instead of home country as dates are not available.I dont how the things will work out. If you get any information please pass on.

Thanks

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Hi Pro1

Is there any indication on if RPRF has been cashed by the Consuler General? I mean, if still they think that the applicant is not gonna qualify for PR, they will not cash it, right? Or, as long as RPRF has been sent to their office, they will inveriably cash it? Then what if the applicant is denied PR, they will refund the amount?

My RPRF has been cashed by LA office on Oct 20th and my status is 'In Process" until now. I am just wondering how much chance still I have to get rejected?
Thank you

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Hi Avaya,
I am also in same situation , my us visa is in approval stage once it gets approved i am planning to land in canada and get it stamped there, instead of home country as dates are not available.I dont how the things will work out. If you get any information please pass on.

Thanks
sazid and AvayaLenovo, it feels so great to have people in similar situations share their experience. Last few days, I have been thinking of all these questions myself. My situation is same as sazid. I believe, AvayaLenovo we both will depend on your experience then, as our US visa is yet to be approved. Meanwhile if you land, do let us know. I have a string of questions. Whether My I-94 will be taken at the border. If not, then I can turn back without caring for the US visa stamping. If yes, then do I need an appointment in Canada US embassy beforehand or can I walk-in? How much beforehand? I have heard that for foreign nationals, it doesn't go very well, if you are not doing your visa stamping in your home country. Not sure, how much true that is. I am just evaluating my options, not even sure whether I have any options. The visa things are just so complicated. Anyways, any other seniors, if you have any inputs, please help. By the way, the creator of this thread MarkCan seems to be conspicuous by his absence. Mark, where are you?

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
AvayaLenovo said:
Hi,

I don't think that you can do both things ( US Visa Stamping and Canada landing process) at the same time and if I am correct rules are also not permitted. For those who are staying in US without stamping and would like to visit Canada to complete the landing process please see the below link for details.

http://www.murthy.com/news/ukfinreg.html
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/159527615/question-on-automatic-visa-revalidation
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t55857.0.html;msg467445#msg467445

Seniors please advice.......

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
garian4u said:
sazid and AvayaLenovo, it feels so great to have people in similar situations share their experience. Last few days, I have been thinking of all these questions myself. My situation is same as sazid. I believe, AvayaLenovo we both will depend on your experience then, as our US visa is yet to be approved. Meanwhile if you land, do let us know. I have a string of questions. Whether My I-94 will be taken at the border. If not, then I can turn back without caring for the US visa stamping. If yes, then do I need an appointment in Canada US embassy beforehand or can I walk-in? How much beforehand? I have heard that for foreign nationals, it doesn't go very well, if you are not doing your visa stamping in your home country. Not sure, how much true that is. I am just evaluating my options, not even sure whether I have any options. The visa things are just so complicated. Anyways, any other seniors, if you have any inputs, please help. By the way, the creator of this thread MarkCan seems to be conspicuous by his absence. Mark, where are you?
Garian and sazid,
Actually, one of my friends who is on temporary working visa here in US went to Canada for US visa stamping. It took only 1 day for her to have her passport back. But you have to schedule in advance for your interview. However, she's not in the same boat as ours...since she doesn't have Canadian PR. She entered Canada via tourist visa. Among the different countries, I think Canada is the fastest in returning passports (1 day). Most of them take at least 1 week (meaning, you have to stay in their country for at least 1 week!). And I'm not considering Mexico...with the chaos going on in the mexican border, I don't want to take the risk.

I'll read the links posted by karsatjaya above (Thank you!) and assess my situation. Right now, I'm monitoring my home country's appointment dates. I will let you know once I decide to have my US visa stamped in Canada.