+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
professional 1 said:
This is not applicable to the quota issue which we were talking about, it is related to the new rules after 26 June 2010.

For example, if NY office is allowed to issue 50 PR visa during the year of 2010, that is it, they cannot issue more until the year after regardless the NOC or the application type whether it is PN, SW, CEC, Refugee, family class,.....etc. When they finish the 50 visas, they are done for the year, and will hold on the other applications under processing until the year after to issue them the visas.

The new rules after 26 June 2010 are only talking about the FSW applications, the Cap means, that the CIO, not the visa office will count the number of applicants for each NOC from the list to reach only 1000 per NOC, and when they reach the maximum which is 1000, they will stop accepting applications under that NOC.

For applications received already after reaching the quota, they will send a letter to the applicant advising him to try again next year if he wishes because the CAP for this NOC for this year was fulfilled, and confirming that the processing fees will be refunded.

The quota issue is not new, it is the fact that immigration canada allows and issues a certain number of visas each year because they want to control the number of new immigrants each year "so it is not a random process", and allocate the visas between the visa offices based on the size of each visa office, and other calculations they make in that regard.

people get confused between the new rules after june 26, 2010. "Cap", and the annual targeted qouta for each year.

Anyway, thanks for the information and link, which is interesting to show how many applications were received for each NOC under the new rules.

Keep it up.
Thanks Pro1 for the clarification .....

Twilight871, by the way my cashier check towards RPRF got cleared yesterday and it has been confirmed by the bank officials. Do you know your status ?

Thanks

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
karsatjaya said:
Thanks Pro1 for the clarification .....

Twilight871, by the way my cashier check towards RPRF got cleared yesterday and it has been confirmed by the bank officials. Do you know your status ?

Thanks
Not yet, I will go and ask them today. When was ur RPRF reached LA office?

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Twilight871 said:
Not yet, I will go and ask them today. When was ur RPRF reached LA office?
It reached LA office on 10/12/2010

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
This is not applicable to the quota issue which we were talking about, it is related to the new rules after 26 June 2010.

For example, if NY office is allowed to issue 50 PR visa during the year of 2010, that is it, they cannot issue more until the year after regardless the NOC or the application type whether it is PN, SW, CEC, Refugee, family class,.....etc. When they finish the 50 visas, they are done for the year, and will hold on the other applications under processing until the year after to issue them the visas.

The new rules after 26 June 2010 are only talking about the FSW applications, the Cap means, that the CIO, not the visa office will count the number of applicants for each NOC from the list to reach only 1000 per NOC, and when they reach the maximum which is 1000, they will stop accepting applications under that NOC.

For applications received already after reaching the quota, they will send a letter to the applicant advising him to try again next year if he wishes because the CAP for this NOC for this year was fulfilled, and confirming that the processing fees will be refunded.

The quota issue is not new, it is the fact that immigration canada allows and issues a certain number of visas each year because they want to control the number of new immigrants each year "so it is not a random process", and allocate the visas between the visa offices based on the size of each visa office, and other calculations they make in that regard.

people get confused between the new rules after june 26, 2010. "Cap", and the annual targeted qouta for each year.

Anyway, thanks for the information and link, which is interesting to show how many applications were received for each NOC under the new rules.

Keep it up.
That's what I understand from the link. I didn't misunderstand with the NYVO PR cap, Pro1. Thanks for your clarification. It might help some other member out.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Hello, people!

As I write this, (October 21 - 9:09PM) I’m still in the airport. Our flight has been delayed for more than 5 hours now…

Anyway, here’s my story with regard to my visa stamping this morning:

As advised by garian4u, we arrived at HSBC Center at around 7:15am. Since we entered using the back door of the building, we went straight to the lobby and were advised by the guard to come down the escalator and form a line and wait until 7:30am. So we went down the escalator and we saw 7 people waiting there already. At 7:30am, these people decided to come upstairs and talk to the guard at the lobby. So we followed, while still keeping the queue. And upon talking to the guard, he asked one-by-one for the passports and we were given stickers with our Visitor # in it. We were asked to stick it either on our left or right chest. Then, he said we can now come up to the 30th floor. On the 30th floor, we first lined up on the left side and joined the others. However, I decided to ask the guard if it’s the same line for Permanent Residents. And then he said that we should go to the right line and proceed to Booth # 5. Since we were the only ones in line, we went directly to Booth 5.

The lady in Booth 5 was very nice and she just asked for our passports, photos & PPR letter. Then she asked us to wait outside the booth for approximately 1 hour and she would call my Visitor # (my husband will be included with mine). Well, I timed the wait and although we were first in line, we actually waited for 1.5 hours. However, when the lady called our Visitor #, she called it along with the others (but we were the first ones in the list). And it was funny that when she announced the Permanent Residents all at once, everyone in the waiting area applauded and greeted us Congratulations! It felt like we were graduating or something. We were asked to inspect our docs (PR visa and CPR) first before leaving. We submitted 2 photos for each one of us however, they only used one photo and returned the other. And everything was alright and we left the building.

It's 2:03AM Eastern time, and yes...our flight got delayed for more than 6 hours. But that's okay. As long as we have our maple leaves in our hands. ;D

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Hello, people!

As I write this, (October 21 - 9:09PM) I'm still in the airport. Our flight has been delayed for more than 5 hours now...

Anyway, here's my story with regard to my visa stamping this morning:

As advised by garian4u, we arrived at HSBC Center at around 7:15am. Since we entered using the back door of the building, we went straight to the lobby and were advised by the guard to come down the escalator and form a line and wait until 7:30am. So we went down the escalator and we saw 7 people waiting there already. At 7:30am, these people decided to come upstairs and talk to the guard at the lobby. So we followed, while still keeping the queue. And upon talking to the guard, he asked one-by-one for the passports and we were given stickers with our Visitor # in it. We were asked to stick it either on our left or right chest. Then, he said we can now come up to the 30th floor. On the 30th floor, we first lined up on the left side and joined the others. However, I decided to ask the guard if it's the same line for Permanent Residents. And then he said that we should go to the right line and proceed to Booth # 5. Since we were the only ones in line, we went directly to Booth 5.

The lady in Booth 5 was very nice and she just asked for our passports, photos & PPR letter. Then she asked us to wait outside the booth for approximately 1 hour and she would call my Visitor # (my husband will be included with mine). Well, I timed the wait and although we were first in line, we actually waited for 1.5 hours. However, when the lady called our Visitor #, she called it along with the others (but we were the first ones in the list). And it was funny that when she announced the Permanent Residents all at once, everyone in the waiting area applauded and greeted us Congratulations! It felt like we were graduating or something. We were asked to inspect our docs (PR visa and CPR) first before leaving. We submitted 2 photos for each one of us however, they only used one photo and returned the other. And everything was alright and we left the building.

It's 2:03AM Eastern time, and yes...our flight got delayed for more than 6 hours. But that's okay. As long as we have our maple leaves in our hands. ;D

That was great, congratulations, and have a great life in Canada.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Congratulations AvayaLenovo!!! when are you planning to land in Canada?

Thanks

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
karsatjaya said:
Congratulations AvayaLenovo!!! when are you planning to land in Canada?

Thanks
Thanks, professional1!
Thanks, karsatjaya! I'm planning to land by July 2011. I still have my US visa valid until 2012 and green card has still some little hope. If things wouldn't work out here in the US, we're planning to finally transfer to Canada by early 2014 (just enough time to comply with the 2-year requirement) OR 2012 if green card application didn't get filed.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
sazid said:
Congratulation Avaya for the visa stamping do share your experience.
Thanks, sazid! Hope yours will come soon! ;)

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
AvayaLenovo said:
Thanks, professional1!
Thanks, karsatjaya! I'm planning to land by July 2011. I still have my US visa valid until 2012 and green card has still some little hope. If things wouldn't work out here in the US, we're planning to finally transfer to Canada by early 2014 (just enough time to comply with the 2-year requirement) OR 2012 if green card application didn't get filed.
That's good to know. I wish you should get US GC too... Best of luck for your GC process

Thanks

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Hello Guys
Just wanna let you guys know that I just received passport request letter from Buffalo. I am planning to send it by tomorrow. Thanks For all your help and support.Appreciate it.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
sagarmatha said:
Hello Guys
Just wanna let you guys know that I just received passport request letter from Buffalo. I am planning to send it by tomorrow. Thanks For all your help and support.Appreciate it.
Congratulations Sagarmatha!!! by the way when did your medical reports reached Ottawa ?

Thanks

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
karsatjaya said:
Congratulations Sagarmatha!!! by the way when did your medical reports reached Ottawa ?

Thanks
Hello Karsatjaya

Thank you.

If I am correct, It reached either on Sept 22 or 23.

Thanks

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
sagarmatha said:
Hello Karsatjaya

Thank you.

If I am correct, It reached either on Sept 22 or 23.

Thanks
Where do you need to send your passport to Buffalo or any Satellite office ?

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
AvayaLenovo said:
Hello, people!

As I write this, (October 21 - 9:09PM) I'm still in the airport. Our flight has been delayed for more than 5 hours now...

Anyway, here's my story with regard to my visa stamping this morning:

As advised by garian4u, we arrived at HSBC Center at around 7:15am. Since we entered using the back door of the building, we went straight to the lobby and were advised by the guard to come down the escalator and form a line and wait until 7:30am. So we went down the escalator and we saw 7 people waiting there already. At 7:30am, these people decided to come upstairs and talk to the guard at the lobby. So we followed, while still keeping the queue. And upon talking to the guard, he asked one-by-one for the passports and we were given stickers with our Visitor # in it. We were asked to stick it either on our left or right chest. Then, he said we can now come up to the 30th floor. On the 30th floor, we first lined up on the left side and joined the others. However, I decided to ask the guard if it's the same line for Permanent Residents. And then he said that we should go to the right line and proceed to Booth # 5. Since we were the only ones in line, we went directly to Booth 5.

Hello

Congratulation! and a quick question for you.

Did you submit 35mm x45mm size photo's or did you submit the 2" x2" photo's when submitting the passport.

Thanks