+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

pradeepsgupta

Sep 19, 2010
seniors plz answer me....
CAN SOMEBODY GUIDE ME THAT I WANT TO APPLY ALONGWITH MY WIFE SO ITS ESSENTIAL TO SEND MY WIFES PP PHOTOCOPY TO CIO....
OR CAN I SUBMIT MY WIFE PP NEXT LATER DATE TO MY INDIAN VO..BCZ I HAVE NOT READY PP OF MY WIFE........

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
Dear All,

A last minute confusion, please advise.

The Additional Family Information form says " Complete all names in English and your native language" because of the space constraints I presume most of us must have done the native language form separately, for the form in native language should we write only the names in native language and the rest of the personal particulars in English or should the entire form be filled up in the native language, including the names and personal particulars.

looking forward for your expert advise

Thanks & Regards

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Status Report on Major Crown ProjectsGlobal Case Management System 1. DescriptionThe Global Case Management System (GCMS) is Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC's) electronic business platform. It is integral to making the citizenship and immigration system more modern, efficient, flexible and responsive to Canada's labour market. It is essential to improving citizenship and immigration services, maintaining program integrity and strengthening the security of Canada.

GCMS is helping CIC move toward an increasingly centralized, integrated and virtual business model. It enhances CIC's reporting capability to assist in detecting fraud. GCMS also lays the foundation to support future business improvements and innovation, such as the introduction of e-services, improved identity management through biometrics and paperless case processing.

2. Project PhasesGCMS was granted preliminary project approval by Treasury Board in 2001. In September 2004, it was successfully implemented for the Citizenship Program. The first version of GCMS is currently being used to process more than 200,000 applications each year for Canadian citizenship and proof of citizenship.

As a result of independent reviews, GCMS underwent a project assessment, and a revised go-forward plan was developed with a reduced scope. In August 2008, Treasury Board granted approval to develop the next phase of GCMS, which focused on visa offices overseas where the majority of clients first seek CIC services.

An independent review completed in June 2009 confirmed that the project schedule is achievable, the technology is sound and the initiative is on track. In June 2010, the first visa office overseas will begin using the GCMS Release 2. Once fully implemented in March 2011, GCMS will provide a single, integrated processing capability for all citizenship and overseas immigration applications.

3. Leading and Participating Departments and Agencies
Lead Department Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Contracting Authority Public Works and Government Services Canada
Participating Departments Canada Border Services Agency

4. Prime Contractor
Prime Contractor None (CIC is responsible for system integration.)

5. Major Milestones
Major Milestone Date
Treasury Board approves funding for the GCMS project at the same time as CIC's Treasury Board submission on the implementation of policy reforms and the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). August 2000
Treasury Board grants Preliminary Project Approval and major Crown project designation to GCMS. March 2001
Treasury Board grants Effective Project Approval (EPA) to GCMS. January 2002
Request for proposal for the acquisition of a commercial, off-the-shelf software package for case management is posted for tender by Public Works and Government Services Canada. February 2002
Contract for the off-the-shelf software package for case management is awarded. March 2003
Treasury Board grants amended EPA to GCMS to address the impact of procurement delays. October 2003
The first GCMS business component (Citizenship) is implemented. September 2004
Treasury Board grants a second amendment to the EPA to address the impact of cumulative slippage that includes critical new requirements in project scope, and provides for an incremental deployment approach. September 2005
Completion of a System Under Development audit of the GCMS project. November 2005
Treasury Board grants a third amendment to the EPA to address a wording anomaly with regard to the GST. December 2006
Independent review indicates the need to assess project status and review options for completing GCMS objectives. December 2006
Treasury Board grants a fourth amendment to the EPA to undertake this assessment and to develop a revised go-forward plan. February 2007
Treasury Board grants a fifth amendment to the EPA, extending the time frame for completion of a substantive go-forward plan to late fiscal 2007–2008. October 2007
Independent review validates project's recovery plan and project team's readiness to deliver. December 2007
Treasury Board grants a sixth amendment to the EPA with a reduced scope for the second release of GCMS. August 2008
Independent review confirms that technology is sound, project schedule is achievable and that "success is within sight." June 2009
Treasury Board releases remainder of funding required to complete the project. September 2009
Deployment of new GCMS version to existing citizenship users. May 2010
GCMS deployment to first visa office overseas. June 2010
GCMS deployment to all visa offices overseas is complete. March 2011

6. Progress Report and Explanations of VariancesThe GCMS project is within its approved budgetary estimate of $387 million and is on schedule to deploy GCMS Release 2 to its first international mission in June 2010.

In September 2009, Treasury Board reviewed the latest project status report and released the remainder of the funding required to complete the project.

Previously, in August 2008, Treasury Board granted approval to extend the time required to complete the project to March 31, 2011, and increased the project's total spending authority to $387 million (including GST). Consistent with recommendations from independent reviews conducted between December 2006 and December 2007, GCMS Release 2 is being developed with a reduced scope focused on visa offices overseas.

The GCMS project has faced considerable challenges, adding to the cost and time needed to complete the project, including:

an overly ambitious scope with no initial phased delivery;
a change of government direction to commercial off-the-shelf software;
splitting of immigration with the creation of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA);
amendments to the IRPA, representing a major change in the administration of the immigration system; and
a need to respond to increased security risks, while respecting privacy.
Temporary Resident Biometrics Project 1. DescriptionCIC and CBSA are jointly responsible for the delivery of Canada's immigration program. In accordance with IRPA, CIC and CBSA work together to manage the movement of clients across and within Canada's borders. Under the Customs Act, all people and goods entering Canada must report to CBSA at a port of entry. Among the issues addressed by CBSA are illegal migration, preventing the admission into Canada of persons involved in war crimes or crimes against humanity, and detention and removal from Canada of inadmissible persons.

Today, the use of biometrics is expanding rapidly given its unique approach and its potential to identify an individual reliably. The introduction of biometric technology into the temporary resident stream screening process will enhance the screening of applicants in the temporary program, thereby fixing the client's identity at the time of application for a visa or for a study or work permit, and allowing verification of that identity when the individual seeks entry at the border. As a result, Canada will better ensure the safety and security of Canadian society and reduce abuse of the immigration system by limiting opportunities for persons with Canadian criminal or deportation histories to use alternate identities to return to Canada. The project will also facilitate the processing of legitimate temporary workers, students and visitors. Many other countries, including such key migration countries as the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, have either recently implemented or are planning to implement similar projects.

2. Project PhasesThe Temporary Resident Biometrics Project is currently in its planning/definition phase and will begin the implementation phase in late 2011. During the planning/definition phase, CIC, CBSA and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) are working collaboratively to define the solution, as well as the approaches and plans for implementing the Temporary Resident Biometrics Project. A critical first step is the clear definition of a set of comprehensive business and supporting infrastructure requirements agreed to by all partners. Requirements will then be used to define the business solution and how it will work (functional design), how technology will enable the solution (technical design), and how all the pieces fit and work together (supporting architectures).

Substantive plans and strategies for completing the project and managing the business change will be finalized and approved by all partners, culminating in a submission to obtain EPA.

During the implementation phase, the project will focus on developing, monitoring and controlling deliverables (as defined by the business requirements), while meeting schedule commitments.

3. Leading and Participating Departments and AgenciesIn late 2007, CIC sought policy approval for the introduction of biometrics into the Temporary Resident Program, and funding to support this initiative was included in Budget 2008. Following the budget announcement, a Biometrics Project Office was established in CIC as the lead organization for managing this investment. The project will be developed and implemented with the active participation of three primary federal government departments and agencies: CIC, CBSA and the RCMP.

Lead Department Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Contracting Authority Public Works and Government Services Canada
Participating Departments CBSA and the RCMP

4. Prime and Major Subcontractor(s)
Prime Contractor None (Tendering in late 2010)

5. Major Milestones

List of Major Milestones Date
Effective Project Approval 2010
Request for Proposal (RFP) Tender 2010
Deployment 2011-2013
Project Shutdown 2013

6. Progress Report and Explanations of VariancesFunding was included in Budget 2008 to enhance and strengthen identity management within the Temporary Resident Program, allowing overseas visa officers and border service officers at ports of entry to make decisions based on accurate identity and immigration admissibility information, and permitting border service officers to verify applicants' identity at Canada's ports of entry.

An independent review concluded that the project is a solid initiative with a good approach, has clear objectives that are important and measurable, is highly aligned with the core mandates of the three partner agencies, is well defined, and does not have challenges associated with other projects.

7. Industrial BenefitsThis major Crown project does not directly benefit Canadian industry; it is a project to improve the safety of Canadian citizens. Immigration and the granting of Canadian citizenship are vital to the continued growth and prosperity of Canada. To support the Government of Canada outcomes of strong economic growth and a safe and secure world, a balance must be maintained between the desire to welcome newcomers to Canada and the obligation to protect the health, safety and security of Canadian society. Criminals, terrorists and other known inadmissible persons must not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada.

pradeepsgupta

Sep 19, 2010
sENIORS

MY NOC IS 3131

IHAVE IN VERY CONFUSION REGARDING IN MY POINTS:
(1) 4 YEAR B.PHARMA POINT 20 OR 22
(2) IELTS POINT 9
(3) AGE POINT 10
(4) EXPERIENCE POINT 21
(5) SPOUSE QUALIFICATION POINT 5
---------------------------
TOTAL 65 IF I GET 20 IN MY B.PHARMA

TOTAL 67 IF I GET 22 IN MY B.PHARMA
SO PLZ LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH POINT I SHOULD AWARD FOR MY B.PHARMA WHICH IS 4 YEAR COURSE SO I HAVE 16 YEARS OF COMPLETED EDUCATION.

Jeniya

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Kottayam, Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted/CIO
AOR Received.
8/02/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted/CIO
Med's Request
18/03/2011
Med's Done....
23/12/2011
Passport Req..
for new born Submitted to NDVO on 28/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
by April fisrt week
Hi All
I dont know if can i join your group?

I had sent my application under category 3152
and it is been recieved at CIO on 07/10/2010

Excuse me if i am not suppose to join you

Jeniya

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Kottayam, Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted/CIO
AOR Received.
8/02/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted/CIO
Med's Request
18/03/2011
Med's Done....
23/12/2011
Passport Req..
for new born Submitted to NDVO on 28/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
by April fisrt week
Hi Pradeep

I think 16 years of Education with a graduation will get you 22 not 20

pradeepsgupta said:
sENIORS

MY NOC IS 3131

(2) IELTS POINT 9
( B.PHARMA WHICH IS 4 YEAR COURSE SO I HAVE 16 YEARS OF COMPLETED EDUCATION.

M000dy

Oct 2, 2010
pradeepsgupta said:
CAN SOMEBODY GUIDE ME THAT I WANT TO APPLY ALONGWITH MY WIFE SO ITS ESSENTIAL TO SEND MY WIFES PP PHOTOCOPY TO CIO....
OR CAN I SUBMIT MY WIFE PP NEXT LATER DATE TO MY INDIAN VO..BCZ I HAVE NOT READY PP OF MY WIFE........

Pradeepsgupta, You have to do a simple cost-benefit analysis for yourself.

1. You can send your application w/o your wife's pp and then hope that it will not be returned. 50% chances of it being returned with a label "spouse pp missing", 50% chances it will be let go and if you meet the minimum requirements, they might ask you to submit it later.

2. You can wait for your wife's pp to be ready and then apply. Depending upon your NOC, 1000 people limit MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT have been reached.

In both cases, you have to make a decision. Which option do you want to go for?........It is your personal choice and you alone will reap the benefits or suffer the costs.

In my personal case, I opted for getting my spouse's updated pp ready on urgent basis (1 week) and then applied. It did cost me more but gave me a bit of peace of mind.

I feel there are many gray areas in the entire process. On one hand, sticking to the guidelines provided is essential to meet the minimum, but then on other hand meeting time/cap constraints is of critical importance. Just like in the case of police certificates, guidelines say send them with application, yet I was told by Client Services of Immigration Office that after June 26, "you are not required to submit your police certificates until your application is deemed eligible for processing and the certificates are requested by the visa office." Go figure!

There are times when I wonder if we are insulting screening officer's intelligence especially when it comes to job descriptions but then again, what if they are too pressed for time and can not distinguish between apple and oranges (like the case of credit card being charged even when NOC was not included). Perhaps 'Play Safe' is the idiom of the day.

PS: This is opinion of a man who is still to know whether he has been accepted or not. so make your own judgment.

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
You need to send PP copies of all the applicants to CIC.
If any document is missing from the checklists, the application pkg will be returned back to you.

So, do not take any risk, because you will again face a long delay in receiving the pkg back & resend it again.

Recommendation from my end, once your spouse PP is ready, then only send your application.

Cheers,
Shadab

pradeepsgupta said:

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
Can somebody please advise.........

Rae74 said:
Dear All,

A last minute confusion, please advise.

The Additional Family Information form says " Complete all names in English and your native language" because of the space constraints I presume most of us must have done the native language form separately, for the form in native language should we write only the names in native language and the rest of the personal particulars in English or should the entire form be filled up in the native language, including the names and personal particulars.

looking forward for your expert advise

Thanks & Regards

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
If you find a space in the spame box, you can write it there. If you feel the box is not sufficient & need to be attached with the additional sheet.... The additional sheet will just contain only the Name columns in Native Lang, rest all .... leave it blank as this is an extended sheet.

Rae74 said:
Can somebody please advise.........

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
carl128 said:
I would like to know if anyone here knows which bank in canada they encash our DD? I was following up with my bank if my DD is encashed already, but they asked me which bank in canada my DD was deposited into.
Some say it is Royal Bank of Canada

Good luck!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
New program to help immigrants get Canadian work experience

Canada, 7th October: A new program is being launched for newcomers in Canada to enable them get Canadian work experience for a head start in jobs.

Giving details about this new initiative by Canada, the minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney said this rare opportunity will help new immigrants in Canada gain temporary work experience in Canada in accordance with the skills and experience already held by them.

The immigration minister said that the program is meant for new immigrants who play a crucial role in making Canada a strong nation

The program titled ‘The Federal Internship for Newcomers’ helps newcomers in Canada make best use of the skills already possessed by them in the job market of Canada when they start their new lives in this nation, the immigration minister added.

The new internship program follows two other pilot programs already being carried out by the CIC(Citizenship and Immigration Canada) and HRSDC(Human Resources and Skills Development Canada).

A large number of other Canadian government agencies and departments are collaborating in expansion of this initiative for the immigrants in Canada. Some of the agencies working towards providing valuable work experience to immigrants in Canada include Canada Border Services Agency, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Health Canada, Natural Resources Canada, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions.

Already, around 60 interns, who had immigrated to Canada only recently, have become enrolled in this latest initiative by Canada immigration this fall .

Speaking about the initiatives launched by Canada government towards helping successful settlement of newcomers in Canada job market, Diane Finley, the Minister for Human Resources and Skills Development, said that the government of Canada feels committed in providing all assistance to the newcomers to help them succeed in their new homes.

The internship program by Canada for settlement of foreigners in Canada is a live example of the efforts being undertaken by the government to enable new immigrants maximize their potential and make significant contributions towards the Canadian economy, added Finley.

New additions have already been made in the internship positions in the fields of communication, finance, science and translation

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
pradeepsgupta said:
sENIORS

MY NOC IS 3131

(2) IELTS POINT 9
(3) AGE POINT 10
(4) EXPERIENCE POINT 21
(5) SPOUSE QUALIFICATION POINT 5
---------------------------
TOTAL 65 IF I GET 20 IN MY B.PHARMA

TOTAL 67 IF I GET 22 IN MY B.PHARMA
SO PLZ LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH POINT I SHOULD AWARD FOR MY B.PHARMA WHICH IS 4 YEAR COURSE SO I HAVE 16 YEARS OF COMPLETED EDUCATION.
For sure, u will get 22 points.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
mayankpandya said:
New program to help immigrants get Canadian work experience

Canada, 7th October: A new program is being launched for newcomers in Canada to enable them get Canadian work experience for a head start in jobs.

Giving details about this new initiative by Canada, the minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney said this rare opportunity will help new immigrants in Canada gain temporary work experience in Canada in accordance with the skills and experience already held by them.

The immigration minister said that the program is meant for new immigrants who play a crucial role in making Canada a strong nation

The program titled ‘The Federal Internship for Newcomers' helps newcomers in Canada make best use of the skills already possessed by them in the job market of Canada when they start their new lives in this nation, the immigration minister added.

The new internship program follows two other pilot programs already being carried out by the CIC(Citizenship and Immigration Canada) and HRSDC(Human Resources and Skills Development Canada).

A large number of other Canadian government agencies and departments are collaborating in expansion of this initiative for the immigrants in Canada. Some of the agencies working towards providing valuable work experience to immigrants in Canada include Canada Border Services Agency, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Health Canada, Natural Resources Canada, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions.

Already, around 60 interns, who had immigrated to Canada only recently, have become enrolled in this latest initiative by Canada immigration this fall .

Speaking about the initiatives launched by Canada government towards helping successful settlement of newcomers in Canada job market, Diane Finley, the Minister for Human Resources and Skills Development, said that the government of Canada feels committed in providing all assistance to the newcomers to help them succeed in their new homes.

The internship program by Canada for settlement of foreigners in Canada is a live example of the efforts being undertaken by the government to enable new immigrants maximize their potential and make significant contributions towards the Canadian economy, added Finley.

New additions have already been made in the internship positions in the fields of communication, finance, science and translation
Apparently, it seems a very good initiative and might prove to be very helpful for new immigrants, as experience is the biggest hurdle any where in getting a Job.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
M000dy said:
If this is not a relevant job description, I dont know what is! In my opinion, with job title 'architect' it fits neatly with NOC description.
Thanks M000dy, what a relief for me it is :) Anil has seconded your opinion too :)

Indira Prabhakaran.