submitted all originals
AOR Received.
PER - 24 Jan 2011
File Transfer...
ECAS - RBVO 3 March 2011, In Process - 4 Oct 2011
Med's Request
11 Oct 2011, Med Forms Reissued 24 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
Signed by DMP-28 Apr 2012, Sent to LVO-14 May 2012, Delivered to LVO 18 May12, ECAS line added-18 June 12
Passport Req..
4 JUL 2012, Passports sent 20 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Aug 2012, COPR recieved 23 Aug 2012 (visa exempt)
Stuart74 said:
No if you send the Passports off to the Issuing Passport Office for renewal they will renew them for you so you can send them off to the LVO, usually you can get express renewals of passports completed as well within 7 days.

Stuart
Thanks very much, Stuart :), i heard sometimes they can do in the next day or two for additional fee.
LVO gave us 30 days for submission. I'll try to do everything asap.

CanadaDo

May 28, 2012
satyasuman said:
We are here.. silently monitoring the forum. Tired and frustrated with the time taking process and so is this silence.. Though "in process" from May 22nd, I havent heard from NYVO so far about MR.

Thanks,
satya.
Your files have been atleast moved to NY. You can expect some movement in NY.
Mine has been in INPROCESS from March 1, 2011 at Buffalo. Since it was INPROCESS it has not been moved to any other VO. And no other communication.
Now that they have limited the acceptance of new applications, do you think they will be in a position to process the existing INPROCESS applications?

CanadaDo

May 28, 2012
Hunnia said:
Dear,
I, with my husband, plan to land in Calgary by end of Aug 2012.
We are also expecting our first baby around end Nov and it makes us more nerves about coming to an entirely new place with minimum information about it.
Have so many questions like;
What kind of challenges we may have face with a 6 month permanent lady especially when winter is setting in?
What kind of housing/place is better for woman in this condition?
How to find a rented place to live and which area (crime free and with good access/transport/train system)?
Should we plan to buy a vehicle or we can survive without it there?
How much a good condition second hand pickup truck/car usually cost?
What on avg. monthly budget we should plan for a family of two + a baby?
Being Muslim I would also look for information about hilal food, Mosques and Muslim community etc
Huh...and so many more.......
PLEASE! Share your experiences advises and provide as much information as possible even beyond aforementioned questions
God bless you all
Thanks
Health Care:
I think since you are coming to Alberta, you are eligible for medical/ health service from the day you enter Canada. Some other states have some residency requirements. Very important: In any case please go to Alberta health services website and confirm for yourself. If you are not covered, medical services are very expensive. This is something you want to be sure.
Getting a family doctor is very difficult. Therefore, you end up going to different doctors every time you need medical attention. So as soon as you come here keep looking for/ ask about for doctors accepting new patients and get yourself registered with a doctor.

Regarding housing:
Like anywhere else in the world, goods areas – less crime, public services, middle class neighborhood etc. – cost more in rent, house prices etc. Most immigrants to Calgary tend to live in Calgary North East. May be 80% immigrants/ foreign born. The crime rates are a little more than other parts of the town. Like anywhere else in the world, do not keep gold and cash at home; do not show of your gold in parties, esp. among one’s own community. That is an often-repeated mistake immigrants commit- they come with gold and become a target of thief’s.
Do not be alarmed. It is much safer than many places in the world. Just wanted to remind that we must use common sense.
North East Calgary has all ethnic food stores etc.
Vehicle:
For someone looking for a job, a car is very helpful and in many cases a must. You can find a decent used car for 5000 CAD upwards. Remember car means insurance and that can be expensive for new comers.
Expenses:
Sort of very basic existence:
Rent 800 minimum for a basement suite (that is very basic), 500+ (decent food), 150 car insurance!, 150 utilities (heat, water, basic phone), and the rest.
Important:
Without knowing your situation, I am talking about many immigrants I see here. Jobs are the issue. Come with clear idea about what you can do. Esp any oil industry related skills. If you have time develop such skills. This can be a very touch place without the right skills.
God Bless you and your family

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
CanadaDo said:
Your files have been atleast moved to NY. You can expect some movement in NY.
Mine has been in INPROCESS from March 1, 2011 at Buffalo. Since it was INPROCESS it has not been moved to any other VO. And no other communication.
Now that they have limited the acceptance of new applications, do you think they will be in a position to process the existing INPROCESS applications?
I believe all the files from buffalo VO have been moved to Ottawa CPP Center. If thats the case with your application, you can hear some news very soon. If it has been transferred to another VO in US, no clue as to when will we hear on our applications.

Also, Acceptance of applications has been minimized to reduce the backlog which means that we can expect to hear some news sooner than the original situation of accepting applications every day. I hope so. ;D

Out of frustration, I sent an email asking for status before completing 90 days of my application arrival time at NYVO. I waited till yesterday (20 days before finishing 90 days) and couldnt resist any more. So I sent it. let me see if they even care to reply.

Thanks,
satya.

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am new at this forum and saw very useful information here. I need advice from friends here. My status changed to in-process in feb 2012 and same till yet. I recently received a letter from CHC London in which they asked for updated docs along with original degrees and transcripts in 60 days. Did they ask it from any of my friends here. I am confused whether I should send the original degrees and transcripts of all education (matric, Intermediate, Bachelors and Masters). Also please advise if it has to be in university sealed envelopes or just normal envelope. They have not mentioned anything about it in their requirements but I wonder what should I do? Please share your experience and was anyone asked about it.

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
Dear CHHOTTI,harry_aussie and satyasuman thanks for wishes....... By GOD Grace finally got it after 15 months in process.....

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
kpkinnera said:
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo BY GOD GRACE..........
After a long wait I received MR/PPR/PCC/RPRF dated July 4th 2012. I received by email today 2.20PM IST...
Regards
Kpkinnera
After a long time i am here just to congratulate you...enjoy this happiest moment bro :D

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kpkinnera said:
Dear CHHOTTI,harry_aussie and satyasuman thanks for wishes....... By GOD Grace finally got it after 15 months in process.....
Congrats. Who was your visa officer? Did you see any name and initials.

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
I need to correct my postal address as it is wrongly mentioned on my ecas...my visa office is london...please can anyone tell me how to contact them regarding this matter...is there any email...?

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
congratulations to all who got their applications processed and may all of you get visas soon.

Friends we all want to live happily in Canada, and I too live in Canada, it's really beautiful. I love the climate and the behaviour of people towards us. It's amazing and is a nice experience for me.

I am here to bring your attention to a serious problem that many face and that is pests like bed bugs. we often choose a room there that is infested with them. Bed bugs can make life problematic and one can develop swelling when they bite. These are nocturnal creatures that suck human blood and give birth to their young ones. A female can lay upto 200 eggs in a short period and you can imagine how fast they can spread. In Canada due to cold weather most of the houses have a fixed carpet on the floor in which they easily live and grow. Moreover heated buildings(due to cold conditions all buildings have a heater) provide them an ideal condition for growing.

I just want you all to be safe and wise in making a selection of the room and instead of blindly choosing a room on rent. One must enquire the other room partners or neighbours openly about the presence or absence of bed bugs. What you can do is that instead of bringing your luggage immediately in a room, you should look carefully for them (images can be seen on google), like inspect the mattress and beds carefully and the carpet too. If you don't find them and you report to the landlord after you moved in then it is you who is going to be in trouble and have to pay for their eradication but some good landlords may spray insecticide in your room for free. :)

Never buy used clothes, beds and furniture. It's expensive to buy a bed here and we often look for cheap furnitures. Never buy them who knows the person selling it to you has bed bugs in his home.

I just want you to be safe and aware of this fact before you move into Canada and book a room. stay safe and fit and do read about their control and methods of eradication. It's not hard to kill them and one just need precuations for the same. I didn't mean to frighten you but just want to create awareness about bed bugs.

with regards
Anshuman

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Thankyou Anshuman,good effort ;D ;D. +1 for you

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
kpkinnera said:
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo BY GOD GRACE..........
After a long wait I received MR/PPR/PCC/RPRF dated July 4th 2012. I received by email today 2.20PM IST...
Regards
Kpkinnera
Congrats KpKinnera.
I am very happy for you.
I hope everything will go faster for you.

Best wishes
Shalom

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
IRG said:
Dear all,

Got our PPR this afternoon!! Yepe-e-e-e-e-e-e-!!!!
As we are from visa exempt country, they only require passport copies and 2 photos for each family member, so we dont need to send originals!!!!
So happy !!! :-*
Congrats mate.