03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
congrats to queencougar and Darknight!!

CloudShadow

Dec 2, 2010
Ok, there is something i dont understand. From what i have read in the forum this is how our application is processed

1. We send our application.
2. We get an Acknowledgement of Receipt
3. We get our file number and the application is transfered to the VISA office
4. Our Status changes to 'In Process'( and ecas details show the the date when the VO received our application)

(please correct me if i got the above wrong)

Now my case was kind of unique so a few things are quite unclear to me. I sent my application with full documents in December 2010, i got my AOR in July 2011 and my file number in August 2011( the 120 day letter/email). In that email CIO sydney has told me that my application will be transfered to my VISA office, which is what happens usually. But due to some reason instead of my status being RBVO, its In Process

In my ECASE page, when i click on the "In process'' link i get this

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

From what i understand about the entire process, as my ecas status says IN PROCESS shouldn't the details also mention the date when the VO received my documents?

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CloudShadow said:
Ok, there is something i dont understand. From what i have read in the forum this is how our application is processed

1. We send our application.
2. We get an Acknowledgement of Receipt
3. We get our file number and the application is transfered to the VISA office
4. Our Status changes to 'In Process'( and ecas details show the the date when the VO received our application)

(please correct me if i got the above wrong)

Now my case was kind of unique so a few things are quite unclear to me. I sent my application with full documents in December 2010, i got my AOR in July 2011 and my file number in August 2011( the 120 day letter/email). In that email CIO sydney has told me that my application will be transfered to my VISA office, which is what happens usually. But due to some reason instead of my status being RBVO, its In Process

In my ECASE page, when i click on the "In process'' link i get this

From what i understand about the entire process, as my ecas status says IN PROCESS shouldn't the details also mention the date when the VO received my documents?

Can someone tell me what is going on here?
I would suggest not to rely too much on Ecas. Generally, when the application goes to "In Process", there is an additional line included in the ECas -...and we started processing your application on xxxx xx xx (as correctly guessed by you).

Just a clarification - As there is no 120day period for submission of full docs, are you a pre-jun applicant and send in your full docs in Dec 2010?

Mitali

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
It seems since beginning July' 11, NDVO is processing files only of dentists and pharmacists.

What can be the possible reason of delay for files received Feb' 11 onward?

It seems they are processing files as per set NOC quarterly target.

If that is correct, than rest (feb onward AOR NDVO cases) would receive Medical request only in October.

What say?

Param

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mitali said:
I would suggest not to rely too much on Ecas. Generally, when the application goes to "In Process", there is an additional line included in the ECas -...and we started processing your application on xxxx xx xx (as correctly guessed by you).

Just a clarification - As there is no 120day period for submission of full docs, are you a pre-jun applicant and send in your full docs in Dec 2010?

Mitali
Hi Mitali,

Please help me understand this::
My ECAS is in RBVO state since 29th March and says"

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on December 9, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 3, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 3, 2011.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I sent a case specific inquiry to NDVO and they replied statin that my file is still pending review.....
They have confused me thoroughly.

Please help me understand:
1)What decision are they talking about in ECAS.
2)Generally in RBVO what does ECAS state.

Paramvir

CloudShadow

Dec 2, 2010
mitali said:

Mitali
Oh no, i'm a post june 2010 applicant. I read somewhere that CIO sends us the PER in 120 days after we submit our application, so that is what i meant by the above.

So going by my current ECAS status, is my status really IN PROCESS or is that a bug.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paramvir said:
Hi Mitali,

Permanent Residence

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 3, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I sent a case specific inquiry to NDVO and they replied statin that my file is still pending review.....

Paramvir
Hi Paramvir,

1. A decision made status before Medicals is NOT a good sign, unfortunately. There was a phase when the Ecas was not reliable and many people got DM without medicals which was reversed in due time. I think in March the Ecas was pretty reliable regarding "DM before Meds status".

But since the reply to your CSE is - Pending review, I would take this as a POSITIVE sign because that was the latest Update from NDVO.

2. During RBVO status we see the following statements:
a. We received your application for permanent residence on xx xx xxxx.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on xx xx xxxx. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

b. After a while in RBVO stage (4-6m) with the above info, another line is added to the mail which states- ....we started processing your application on xx xx xxxx.

Your ecas will still show RBVO.

Hoping for the best for you.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CloudShadow said:
Oh no, i'm a post june 2010 applicant. I read somewhere that CIO sends us the PER in 120 days after we submit our application, so that is what i meant by the above.

So going by my current ECAS status, is my status really IN PROCESS or is that a bug.
Hi Cloudshadow,

The PER is something that was coined by the Forum members (I am sure you already know that). Yes, initially for post Jun 2010 applicants, this email from CIO Sydney (what we named as PER) was being issued after about 4 months, but that trend has changed overtime and now it is approximately 30-45 days. One applicant has received it in 27 days.

In your case, it looks like an error on Ecas as it is absolutely impossible for a file that has just generated a file# in July-August 11,to be "In Process"; it should be RBVO for sure. Wait for some more days to see if it reverts back to RBVO.

Mitali

harjot

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 july 2010
File Transfer...
april 2011
Med's Request
21 feb 2012
Med's Done....
9 march
Interview........
9 feb
Passport Req..
21feb
VISA ISSUED...
31 may 2012:):)
LANDED..........
20th july 2012
i am a dentist...i wish it was true:(
Paramvir said:
Hi Mitali,

Permanent Residence

Paramvir

CloudShadow

Dec 2, 2010
mitali said:
Hi Cloudshadow,

The PER is something that was coined by the Forum members (I am sure you already know that). Yes, initially for post Jun 2010 applicants, this email from CIO Sydney (what we named as PER) was being issued after about 4 months, but that trend has changed overtime and now it is approximately 30-45 days. One applicant has received it in 27 days.

In your case, it looks like an error on Ecas as it is absolutely impossible for a file that has just generated a file# in July-August 11,to be "In Process"; it should be RBVO for sure. Wait for some more days to see if it reverts back to RBVO.

Mitali

What i dont understand is, why have they mentioned in my ecas details( when i click the IN PROCESS link) that they sent me a letter on March 4, 2011 ( i never received this letter though).

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
CloudShadow said:
What i dont understand is, why have they mentioned in my ecas details( when i click the IN PROCESS link) that they sent me a letter on March 4, 2011 ( i never received this letter though).
Dear CloudShadow

That is the way it is shown in eCAS. Nobody receives the letter as mentioned in eCAS. It is basically 1st Acknowledgement of Receipt (we call it as PER) ...and its an email coming directly from CIO, Sydney, Canada. I hope you already received it. I think you also mentioned about the communication from your VO (we term it as AOR from VO) ..... at this time your eCAS is supposed to be showing RBVO. Please clearly confirm - what did you receive in July 2011 and August 2011...the content??

Cheers, aNil

CloudShadow

Dec 2, 2010
I'll be more clear

I sent my application on 2nd December 2010
It was received by CIO Sydney on 8th December 2010
They cashed the bank draft the next week

After this CIO sydney did not send my anything. Neither a AOR nor a PER. I waited till July 2011 for any information regarding my application but there was no response. So in July 2011 i sent them an email asking about my application's status, they replied:

Your application has been received by our office, and is currently awaiting review. You will be contacted in due course. A letter will be sent via the e-mail addresses provided on your application.

In the above email, they also mentioned my Application ID which i could use to track my application ( i didn't know this at that time, the tracking part)

After a month, 9th august to be exact, i got my PER email from ntake-Office @ cic.gc.ca. This is the standard email everyone gets and it said:

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

That is the story. The only thing confusing me is this.

When i click the in process link in ecas i get this message:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The second line says that CIO sent me my PER email in March 2011( which i never received). Lets assume that they did send me an email in march and they did transfer my file to London Visa office in march. If that is the case, why haven't they updated my ecas mentioning the date the VO received my file. Also, if my application was just sent to the visa office, why does my ECAS say in process.

EDIT:

This is what my ecas looks like

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
raho61 said:
Congratulations to DarKnight :) :) :)
Thanks raho61 :)

EmmaJ said:
Congrats DarKnight!!!! ;D

EmmaJ
Thank You EmmaJ

wenstumped said:
Congratulations DarkKnight!!! All the best for the rest of your journey.
Thanks wenstumped :)

Destined said:
Heartily congratulations to Darknight for getting the maple leaf's on Passport...
:) :) :) :) :)

Regards

Destined
Thank you Destined... I am sure like all other lovely members of this forum, you're also destined to get the Canadian PR :)

xplorin82 said:
Congratulations!
Thanks xplorin82

kpkinnera said:
DK Congrats dear good news

When you sent PP's? You did't updated PP request? When ECAS changed to DM?

PAvan
Thanks Pavan, I am sorry, I forgot to update everyone about my PPR and status update in all this commotion and excitement.
Will update all in my next post.

sonir said:
Darknight .................HUrrrrrrrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyy You got it Man !!!! so happy for you
congratulationsssssss

regards

sonir :)
Thanks a tonne sonir :)

mitali said:
Congratulations darknight.....Wishing for a happy and successful journey ahead.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali... Really need all these wishes :)

Ananth B said:
Many Congrats to you DK & wish u all the very best :) :) :) :) :)

Has your address disappeared last week ? & what's ur present ecas status ?
Thanks Ananth B... Please see my next upcoming post for status details.

Canadahopes said:
Hi Dark Knight

Hope you have a ROCKING time ahead!!!

Regards,

Canadahopes
Thanks Canadahopes... Would love to have a ROCKING time with all of you forum members for sure. :)

avi_15 said:
congrats to queencougar and Darknight!!
Thank you avi_15 :)

BTW, Please excuse me if I missed someone or some post. It was not at all intentional. ::)