Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi People,

I have a query if someone can answer please. I sent my documents to CIO under the new rule and they were received on 6th August 2010.

I havn’t got any communication from them till date.

Is it the same with everyone applied under new rule?

What should I expect from them now? And when?

C

Cam1234

Grasshopper said:
Hi People,

I have a query if someone can answer please. I sent my documents to CIO under the new rule and they were received on 6th August 2010.

I havn't got any communication from them till date.

Is it the same with everyone applied under new rule?

What should I expect from them now? And when?
Hi Grasshopper:

Have they charged your credit card or cashed your bank draft? What was your NOC and what work experience did you write down?

Best,
Cam

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply Cam,

Category :1122

I included a Bank draft with my application. I still have to check this with my Bank

C

Cam1234

Grasshopper said:
Thanks for the reply Cam,

Category :1122

I included a Bank draft with my application. I still have to check this with my Bank
Well, if your bank draft has been cashed, you are done for now my friend... :)

Cam

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great..probably the first thing i am gonna do tomorrow is call up my bank to find out.

Any Idea when should I be getting my AOR?

C

Cam1234

Grasshopper said:
great..probably the first thing i am gonna do tomorrow is call up my bank to find out.

Any Idea when should I be getting my AOR?
Sorry Grasshopper, none of us really know until the first one comes out... We are all waiting anxiously for the first one... It could be anywhere from this month to the next several months.

Cam

mateen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30.3.2011 to warsaw
Hi all
thanks god
my cc charged on first nov
I wish smoth process for all of u
mateen

mateen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30.3.2011 to warsaw
as a suggestion
it would be useful if you create another workbook in our spreadsheet for received application with timeline that would be published regularly by CIC site
it can demonstrate the trend of each NOC and possible workload of CIO
BR
mateen

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
smunir said:
Hi all,

And another thing is, the new rule is not to speed up the processing of new applications. It's to clear the backlog. So, why do u guys are assuming that new applications will be processed faster????!!!!!!
Actually, i agree with you on the first 3. but with this one, i beleive it is not true, because if they will concentrate on the backlog, they will end up having more backlogs. Remember, the backlogs that we are talking about are from pre Nov 2008, which were applications sent to VO. With the current system, as I have been emphasizing before, we have sent the complete set of photocopied documents and IELTS result which could be evaluated by CIO. They will do the completeness and evaluations at that level. In contrary to post Nov 2008 upto pre 6/26 applications the instructions have been varying at some point, but still with their 2nd AOR they were informed that they have to take the IELTS within 120 days and send the complete set of documents. So, I would still stick on to my theory that when our eligibility evaluation comes out, it would be for MR and PCC then the VO would just finalize everything. There would be no need for us to send original documents, unless they find some discrepancies.

smunir

Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl128 said:
Actually, i agree with you on the first 3. but with this one, i beleive it is not true, because if they will concentrate on the backlog, they will end up having more backlogs. Remember, the backlogs that we are talking about are from pre Nov 2008, which were applications sent to VO. With the current system, as I have been emphasizing before, we have sent the complete set of photocopied documents and IELTS result which could be evaluated by CIO. They will do the completeness and evaluations at that level. In contrary to post Nov 2008 upto pre 6/26 applications the instructions have been varying at some point, but still with their 2nd AOR they were informed that they have to take the IELTS within 120 days and send the complete set of documents. So, I would still stick on to my theory that when our eligibility evaluation comes out, it would be for MR and PCC then the VO would just finalize everything. There would be no need for us to send original documents, unless they find some discrepancies.
Actually i referred to the pending post Nov 2008 applicantions as backlog. not the pre Nov 2008 applicants. Hope now u would agree with me.

Keeping all those points in mind, my fingers are still crossed..... may Allah help us all.... :)

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
Thnx Wayne for your nice Interpretation and comments.
I would like to add something, that is-
CIC announced the new rules as on 26 June 2010. but they have changed their forms and guidelines as on August 03, 2010 for post 25 June.
If we consider the time from August 03, now it is almost 3 months to receive any AOR.
Normally, they pass on the first AOR, during this time.
Now the question is why they are taking more time?
It may be to finalize the (final) eligibility of applicants, which part was completed (pre 26 June cases-old system) by VO after submitting all documents.
So, if they take one more month it is not unusual.
Finally, I hope CIC will issue AOR by this month (November).
Wish you all the best.
Arasah

Cappuccino said:
Hi,

I think most of us accept that there may be some delay at the visa office. However, the ability of the visa office to process post-June-26 applications doesn't have any baring on whether or not the application passed its eligibility review at CIC.

Personally, I am fine with CIC holding onto my application until my visa office has the capacity to process it IF CIC at least inform me whether or not we have passed the eligibility review.

If we've passed the eligibility review, but it could be up to 33 weeks from the date our application was received before they can send it to the visa office, then if that's logistically what has to happen fair enough.

But IMO it's inexcusable to simply provide no communication to the post-June-26 applicants AT ALL for 8 months! They could at least let us know if we've passed the eligibility review, and let anyone who has failed it know.

Wayne

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
smunir said:
Hi all,
I just talked with a call center agent and I hope I would be able to clarify some of your confusions. She tole me:

1. Each applicant will be assessed for eligibility which may (note MAY) take 33 weeks. It's might not be 33 weeks for everyone. This 33 weeks will be counted from the day CIO charged the CC/BD.

2. Within 33 weeks, CIO will assess an application for eligibility and will send a letter/email to applicant with a Yes/No answer. After that letter is issued, CIO will forward the application to Visa office if eligibility review is positive.

3. CIO has no idea about the processing time required in Visa Office.

Another thing, some of you guys are happy that you got the client ID. It's nothing! It's just an identification number. They identify each application with a number which even they don't assign. Like in my case, my study permit number was my client ID. It's nothing important and don't be happy if you have go that..... Sorry to disappoint you! But that's I was told from the call center agent!

I noted my questions before calling and I believe now there is no confusion.

And another thing is, the new rule is not to speed up the processing of new applications. It's to clear the backlog. So, why do u guys are assuming that new applications will be processed faster????!!!!!!
Thank Smunir for your kind information, deem that 33 weeks might be CIC's speculation (maximum processing period) and depends on the applicant’s data, supportive documents, and transparency, IMO the guesswork 33 weeks might have been varied amongst applicants. Well one point, was wondering why CIO still charged an applicant of NOC 1122 on 29th Oct as in line with the complete applications list on 29th Oct, NOC 1122 were 900 already, means NOC 1122 cap still haven’t reached the targeted 1000?

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
Hi Asaif,

Please have a look at the june applicants spread sheet from the link below, they are waiting for the 2nd AOR as per the old process after sending the full doc's to VO .

And please remeber what we see in the forum is just the tip of the iceberg, there is a crowd out there waiting for 2nd AOR and Med request who havent joined any forums

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av1EkeYofwNIdDAwMGFLZ2VCcUVVcmxKWllJMUt0WHc&hl=en&authkey=CIjkqtYF#gid=0

Also have look at the May 2010 applicants spread sheet

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tz43u6W2K5-WXcXCi0JUfLw&hl=en#gid=0

Also the applicants from March, April (2010) and pre 2008 applicants are still submitting there full docs to the VO, hope you now agree when I mean there will a flood of full docs to the VO if the post 26/06/2010 AOR's are released this month.

Regards
Bindu

asaif said:
This might be the case. However, I doubt that the 3000 applications received so far and to be handled by all VOs (maybe 200 per each VO) will affect the backlog of pre June 2010.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
smunir said:
Hi all,
I just talked with a call center agent and I hope I would be able to clarify some of your confusions. She tole me:

1. Each applicant will be assessed for eligibility which may (note MAY) take 33 weeks. It's might not be 33 weeks for everyone. This 33 weeks will be counted from the day CIO charged the CC/BD.

2. Within 33 weeks, CIO will assess an application for eligibility and will send a letter/email to applicant with a Yes/No answer. After that letter is issued, CIO will forward the application to Visa office if eligibility review is positive.

3. CIO has no idea about the processing time required in Visa Office.

Another thing, some of you guys are happy that you got the client ID. It's nothing! It's just an identification number. They identify each application with a number which even they don't assign. Like in my case, my study permit number was my client ID. It's nothing important and don't be happy if you have go that..... Sorry to disappoint you! But that's I was told from the call center agent!

I noted my questions before calling and I believe now there is no confusion.

[size=10pt]Does it mean it will take 33 weeeks to get first AOR??????????????????????????????????[/size]

dgm

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
received by GLEN Sept.8 2010; PCC not included; BD encashed Sept.15, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec.29, 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs
Med's Request
Feb 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
Sept 13, 2011
although i am not sure if this applies to everybody but my consultant informed me that i won't be able to know whether my bank draft was encashed by CIO already since it it not like a personal check that could be checked wheteher it was encashed or deposited. BDs are as good as cash according to them. not sure how true this is ::) :-\ :'(