+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application was refused, please help.

JustUs78

Jan 20, 2018
Immigration Canada has sent a letter refusing my application for permanent residency - Spouse/Common Law in Canada Class Sponsorship, because they said I did not send information they requested.
I met my husband almost 17 years ago am legally married to my Canadian born husband for 15 years.
We lived together in my home country for 12 years. My husband returned to Canada and in November 2015 I joined him and I started my application in March of 2016.
In October 2017, they wrote and said they had previously written requesting information back in May 2017 needing Evidence of Cohabitation with my sponsor in Canada and to fill in a Newly completed Schedule A (IMM 5669). We did not receive that letter, but we submitted a Lease that was in mine and my husbands name, and also a utility bill in both our names at a property in Canada that my mother has owned for over a year and also submitted the form they wanted filled out. A day later we got an email stating they were "pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration"
The only information they requested in May was for a Police Certificate and Medical which were done.
On the 9th of Jan 2018 I received an email saying I did not supply the required documents - Evidence of Cohabitation in Canada, Photographs ( wedding day, social outings, social gatherings and travel) and Schedule A (IMM5669). and determined that I did not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
This has got to be an error in their system, but it's a horrifying mistake.
Can someone please tell me the steps I need to take to sort this out.

releasethestar

Dec 4, 2016
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
04-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Bump

Reactions: JustUs78

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Immigration Canada has sent a letter refusing my application for permanent residency - Spouse/Common Law in Canada Class Sponsorship, because they said I did not send information they requested.
I met my husband almost 17 years ago am legally married to my Canadian born husband for 15 years.
We lived together in my home country for 12 years. My husband returned to Canada and in November 2015 I joined him and I started my application in March of 2016.
In October 2017, they wrote and said they had previously written requesting information back in May 2017 needing Evidence of Cohabitation with my sponsor in Canada and to fill in a Newly completed Schedule A (IMM 5669). We did not receive that letter, but we submitted a Lease that was in mine and my husbands name, and also a utility bill in both our names at a property in Canada that my mother has owned for over a year and also submitted the form they wanted filled out. A day later we got an email stating they were "pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration"
The only information they requested in May was for a Police Certificate and Medical which were done.
On the 9th of Jan 2018 I received an email saying I did not supply the required documents - Evidence of Cohabitation in Canada, Photographs ( wedding day, social outings, social gatherings and travel) and Schedule A (IMM5669). and determined that I did not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
You will need to raise an urgent Case Specific Enquiry using https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
It might be worth considering contacting an immigration lawyer to assist you with your problem.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Why did you not send in the schedule A? I do not think you have much chance other than to reapply.

JustUs78

Jan 20, 2018
Why did you not send in the schedule A? I do not think you have much chance other than to reapply.
But I did send in the form they requested. I even have the email stating that document was received successfully. They do have it. They are saying they didn't though as a reason for refusal..

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
If you do not respond to request for documentation, they may reach a conclusion which is not in your favour. It's common for them to ask for IMM5669 again at a later stage even if that's been submitted during the initial application, and nothing has changed. In our case, they wanted history back to 18 years old and not just past 10 years.

Suggestion of what you can do now.

Step 1: ask your husband to seek help from his MP (member of parliament) to see if the file can be reopened.
Step 2: get GCMS notes to check what type of communications was sent and when (you did not receive the letter, but usually those are sent out via email and not physical mail...did some of those ended up in SPAM folder and got auto-deleted?...it happened to us), but more importantly you would want to see why the evidence you originally provided was not enough

You were refused because of insufficient documents, and you are probably better off reapplying rather than try to appeal and fight. Worst case scenario is to reapply with all the required documents and evidence again especially when you see what they thought was missing based on the contents of your GCMS notes. Some MPs are very quick (well, it's the MP's assistant who does the work), while others are not as responsive.

Good luck.

JustUs78

Jan 20, 2018
If you do not respond to request for documentation, they may reach a conclusion which is not in your favour. It's common for them to ask for IMM5669 again at a later stage even if that's been submitted during the initial application, and nothing has changed. In our case, they wanted history back to 18 years old and not just past 10 years.

Suggestion of what you can do now.

Step 1: ask your husband to seek help from his MP (member of parliament) to see if the file can be reopened.
Step 2: get GCMS notes to check what type of communications was sent and when (you did not receive the letter, but usually those are sent out via email and not physical mail...did some of those ended up in SPAM folder and got auto-deleted?...it happened to us), but more importantly you would want to see why the evidence you originally provided was not enough

You were refused because of insufficient documents, and you are probably better off reapplying rather than try to appeal and fight. Worst case scenario is to reapply with all the required documents and evidence again especially when you see what they thought was missing based on the contents of your GCMS notes. Some MPs are very quick (well, it's the MP's assistant who does the work), while others are not as responsive.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information and reply. I did send in the form when they apparently were asking for a second time. They gave me 30 days to submit it, which I did and have the email stating they received it and where forwarding it to right department. They have my information, but I do think somehow in all their changes they have made an error . My husband also messaged a MP about it but their reply time was 6 weeks if I recall correctly. We also always check Junk Mail to, for the same reason. I appreciate your words though.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Sorry I missed where you did send in the schedule A my mistake. As the others have written urgent case specific enquiry and your MP are your best hope. 6 week reply from your MP is unacceptable in your case. Is it possible to go to your MP in person?

JustUs78

Jan 20, 2018
Sorry I missed where you did send in the schedule A my mistake. As the others have written urgent case specific enquiry and your MP are your best hope. 6 week reply from your MP is unacceptable in your case. Is it possible to go to your MP in person?
Will definitely try your advice, thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the information and reply. I did send in the form when they apparently were asking for a second time. They gave me 30 days to submit it, which I did and have the email stating they received it and where forwarding it to right department. They have my information, but I do think somehow in all their changes they have made an error . My husband also messaged a MP about it but their reply time was 6 weeks if I recall correctly. We also always check Junk Mail to, for the same reason. I appreciate your words though.
Your husband needs to call or actually go to the MP's office. You have a very good chance of getting your app re-opened.

JustUs78

Jan 20, 2018
Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that after a very long wait of them reviewing, they sent me a letter and asked me to attend a finalization meeting where I was given my PR and I received my card just last week. Without the MP's input, I very much doubt anything would have happened. Very grateful for help.