+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Validation Dilemma - Job Descriptions Missing from Official Documents

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for PR under CEC. I claimed points for foreign work experience and provided all the available documents, including my offer letter, joining letter, appraisal letter, salary break-up, terms of employment, and release letter. However, these documents do not explicitly mention my job descriptions for the various roles I held, even though these were NOC A engineering job. The letter does mention 'trainee engineer' when I was initially hired.

I downloaded the job description for each specific role from my previous company's website and submitted them along with my application. Now, I'm concerned about the validity of my application. Do you think the IRCC will accept this substitution, or will they reject my application due to the inability to validate my NOC?

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
You need a letter on your company letter head, stating your job duties you had and some work you completed when you were employed with them and it should be signed by a manager or a company representative if the manager is not available.

Now if you claim points for say an Electrical engineer NOC code and your Job duties letter doesn't contain any work related to electrical engineering them IRCC can reject your application in Eligibility stage.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for PR under CEC. I claimed points for foreign work experience and provided all the available documents, including my offer letter, joining letter, appraisal letter, salary break-up, terms of employment, and release letter. However, these documents do not explicitly mention my job descriptions for the various roles I held, even though these were NOC A engineering job. The letter does mention 'trainee engineer' when I was initially hired.

I downloaded the job description for each specific role from my previous company's website and submitted them along with my application. Now, I'm concerned about the validity of my application. Do you think the IRCC will accept this substitution, or will they reject my application due to the inability to validate my NOC?

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks in advance!
Here are some general thoughts on your situation:
  • It is possible that IRCC will accept the job descriptions that you downloaded from your previous company's website. However, there is no guarantee.
  • If IRCC does not accept the job descriptions, your application may be rejected.
  • You may be able to appeal the decision of IRCC if your application is rejected.

Reactions: Jay_112

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020
Here are some general thoughts on your situation:
  • It is possible that IRCC will accept the job descriptions that you downloaded from your previous company's website. However, there is no guarantee.
  • If IRCC does not accept the job descriptions, your application may be rejected.
  • You may be able to appeal the decision of IRCC if your application is rejected.
Thank you so much for your response. My application status says 'Processing Application'. IRCC also asked for my biometrics after a few days of the submission. Does this mean my documents were satisfactory?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your response. My application status says 'Processing Application'. IRCC also asked for my biometrics after a few days of the submission. Does this mean my documents were satisfactory?
The fact that IRCC requested your biometrics after a few days of submission is a positive sign, but it does not guarantee that your application will be approved. Biometrics are used to verify your identity and to check for any criminal records. If your biometrics are clear, it means that IRCC has no reason to believe that you are not who you say you are and that you have no criminal record. However, there are other factors that IRCC will consider when making a decision on your application, such as your work experience, your language proficiency, and your education.

If your application status is currently "Processing Application," it means that IRCC is still reviewing your application. This process can take several months, so it is important to be patient.

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020
You need a letter on your company letter head, stating your job duties you had and some work you completed when you were employed with them and it should be signed by a manager or a company representative if the manager is not available.

Now if you claim points for say an Electrical engineer NOC code and your Job duties letter doesn't contain any work related to electrical engineering them IRCC can reject your application in Eligibility stage.
Thank you for answering. My application status say it is being 'Processed'. Does that mean the eligibility phase has been done? My role was that of a Proposal Engineer. I claimed points for Mechanical Engg NOC and the job description I downloaded from my company website matches exactly with the IRCC descriptions. But it is just on any company letterhead.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you for answering. My application status say it is being 'Processed'. Does that mean the eligibility phase has been done? My role was that of a Proposal Engineer. I claimed points for Mechanical Engg NOC and the job description I downloaded from my company website matches exactly with the IRCC descriptions. But it is just on any company letterhead.
The fact that your application status says "Processed" means that IRCC has reviewed your application and is now in the process of making a decision. The eligibility phase is usually the first step in the application process, and it is during this phase that IRCC will assess your application to determine if you meet the requirements for the immigration program you are applying for. If you do meet the requirements, your application will then move on to the next phase, which is the assessment phase. During the assessment phase, IRCC will review your application in more detail and will make a decision on whether or not to grant you permanent residence.

The fact that your job description matches exactly with the IRCC descriptions is a good sign, but it is important to note that IRCC will also consider other factors, such as your education, work experience, and language skills, when making a decision on your application.

If you are concerned about your application, you can contact IRCC for more information. You can also track the progress of your application online using IRCC's online application status tracker.

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020
The fact that IRCC requested your biometrics after a few days of submission is a positive sign, but it does not guarantee that your application will be approved. Biometrics are used to verify your identity and to check for any criminal records. If your biometrics are clear, it means that IRCC has no reason to believe that you are not who you say you are and that you have no criminal record. However, there are other factors that IRCC will consider when making a decision on your application, such as your work experience, your language proficiency, and your education.

If your application status is currently "Processing Application," it means that IRCC is still reviewing your application. This process can take several months, so it is important to be patient.
Thanks so much for the clarification. Much appreciated. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Raptor33

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Use the new tracker to check your status about eligibility. My application took 4 months.

Eligibility is one of the longest stage

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for responding. I understand what you mean. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: vkamath

cour10ey

Jun 5, 2023
Hello I was recently rejected for this reason of not providing the job duties in my employment verification letter. I did not know this was required as my title clearly matched the NOC code and all paystubs for the year of Canadian work were provided. Does anyone have experience in appealing this for CEC applications? Thanks!!

Jay_112

Aug 18, 2020
Hello I was recently rejected for this reason of not providing the job duties in my employment verification letter. I did not know this was required as my title clearly matched the NOC code and all paystubs for the year of Canadian work were provided. Does anyone have experience in appealing this for CEC applications? Thanks!!
I am sorry to hear about the rejection. What job title did you use? For the appeal, I think taking the service of a lawyer will be worthwhile.