+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application time for Masters

magzz

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied to masters progs this year but got rejections wherever I applied....I am feeling, considering my academics(that are on lower side) and the time I applied was the main cause of my rejection(mostly applied in last week of the deadlines)...

I will apply this year too(fall 2012)....but can some body recommend me the time when I shall be applying..Mostly the universities have different deadlines but I want to know a recommended time when I should have sent all my docs to universities.

Another thing, do Canadian universities have a rolling based admission?

Thanks

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
magzz said:
a gentle bump...plz
Dear brother I would recommend you to sort out certain universities offering your concerned program and then constantly visit their websites. Usually canadian universities start to receive applications about one year before the start of semester. So you must start visit websites in late November and early December.

Some universities offer programs starting in May each year. They have different deadlines.

rosoc

May 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico D.F.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 22, 2011
Med's Request
None
VISA ISSUED...
August 3, 2011
LANDED..........
If god permits, August 24, 2011
Hey, most M.A. applications begin in late September of the previous year, for example if you want to go in to the fall of 2012 and you want to apply early apply on late September 2011. I got admitted to the Queen's M.A. in Sociology, the application was filed in September and the decision was made in February since that is when the start looking at applications. Good luck!!!

spartacus2

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Not yet
IELTS Request
rosoc said:
Hey, most M.A. applications begin in late September of the previous year, for example if you want to go in to the fall of 2012 and you want to apply early apply on late September 2011. I got admitted to the Queen's M.A. in Sociology, the application was filed in September and the decision was made in February since that is when the start looking at applications. Good luck!!!
I can not agree more. I applied on the last day January 31, still got scholarship somehow. But they confirmed me that on 7 July!!! I regretted my decision everyday. Remember scholarships are 1st come 1st serve basis. Apply as early as you can. Preferably 1st day of application acceptance.

yuri

Jan 21, 2011
hi saeif,

maybe you can help me look for scholarships. normally, they require an admission from a univ first before they give scholarships,,, some university requires funding sources like scholarship grants first before getting admitted.

please help.. thanks