Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
hi
my parents has submiited their file in 2005 under CEC class for teacher from India..i have a file number but we didnt get any update yet..
From where we can get information regarding that file?

plz advise..
thanku

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC program opened up only in 2008 so your parents probably applied under one of the other immigration streams.

You say you have a file number. Why are you trying to find its status only now? Try checking the status online on CIC's website, and/or by ordering GCMS notes.

Good luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kuljit said:
hi
my parents has submiited their file in 2005 under CEC class for teacher from India..i have a file number but we didnt get any update yet..
From where we can get information regarding that file?
They probably applied under the Federal Skilled Worker program, which had a large backlog of applications. Last year the Government of Canada took a drastic action to clear the backlog, by deciding to return any unprocessed applications -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob400.asp

One of two things has happened to the application:

1) CIC tried to contact your parents regarding the application, but they did not receive or respond to the communication, so the file was closed.

2) Your parents' application was one of the unlucky ones cancelled in 2012 because of the backlog. If this was the case, they would be entitled to a refund of application fees, assuming CIC could find them. But to reapply, they would have to qualify under one of the new programs, which are different and more restricted.

You would have to follow up with the CIC visa office to which they submitted the application, most likely New Delhi -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp