+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Signatures/Dates to sponsor my wife (and my job/bank accounts)

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Hi, I recently got registered with my wife from Colombo, Sri Lanka. Her family doesn't know that I got registered with her, her parents didn't approve of us due to horoscope mismatch but we got registered anyway. Even though her parents don't know anything about us getting registered, they're still aware that we're in love, and because of that her mom is still sort of verbally abusing her every single day and my wife is still talking to me every day. She's still taking it all very patiently until our sponsorship gets approved.

Anyways at the moment I'm in the process of sponsoring my wife, we both filled out the forms and printed while I was in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March for 2 weeks, we then signed and dated them on March 26th. But as she doesn't have a passport, she couldn't fill out the form that's requiring the Passport number. So she said that she will mail me the form once she receives her passport this mid-April.

My questions are,

1. Will it be a problem if the signatures and dates have gaps between apps? For example we have some apps signed and dated in March 26th when I was with her in Sri Lanka, then some more apps once she receives her passport, etc. And I think I will be submitting my app to Mississauga in the beginning of May. Will the signed dates become an issue?

2. Will they go through my bank accounts to check my savings?

3. And I work at a job through an agency, when I came back after the registration, I lost 2 out of 4 working days. Will this become an issue?

4. As for evidences, do I need a lot of photos? I included photos of the atendees and call logs from March, and it's really really LONG for just one month. Would I need more? and as for chat logs we usually chat through whatsapp in our language, should I attach them too?

Please kindly help, I'm really nervous going crazy because it's been really tough for both of us.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
1. It is OK that the forms have been signed on different dates.
2. No.
3. No, it is not a problem.
4. You need as much proof as you can get. Any proof of communication is good. You do not need to submit all of your chat logs. They will need to be translated into French or English, so sending a sample will be easier. Or you can send the log that just shows the date and time, not what was actually said (if this is possible for whatsapp; it is possible for emails, for example). You can then attach a letter stating that you have a lot more whatsapp chats, and will send them if the visa officer wants more evidence.
You don't have to send all the photos you have. Send one or two from each event you went to, or each outing, enough to prove that you were together. From your wedding you should send more, however.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
What about the medical report? Do I have to submit it with the IMM5491E checklist and forms? or can she do it after?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you should submit it with the other forms. Some people wait until it is requested, but your application may be returned as incomplete if you wait, and in any case waiting adds months to the processing time.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
And what about 3907e_General Asian form? there're some small applications including IMM5223, does she fill it out and bring it to the visa office in Colombo? or do I have to submit it with the other forms?

Thank you.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Its not in my checklist either. I'm confused. ??? What do I do with 3907e_General_Asia form? Does she bring it with her when they call her?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The General Asian form should be followed by citizens of Sri Lanka, and some other countries. The questions state at the beginning which countries they apply to. So make sure you have all the documents they ask for, except documents that they state are necessary for Pakistan only, or Taiwan only. There are some that are necessary for people from Sri Lanka. These should be filled out and sent in with the rest of the application.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
canadianwoman said:
...These should be filled out and sent in with the rest of the application.
As in I have to send it with my applications or does she take it with her?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You send it in with the application. The application to sponsor, the application to immigrate, and the country-specific forms are all sent together to the office in Mississauga.