+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent to a CVAC (Canadian Visa Application Centre)???

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
My daughter is sponsoring her husband from Tanzania and she recently received her SA. In her letter it said her application has been forwarded to Dar es Salaam. We were thinking that it would be sent to Nairobi because that is where most people from Tanzania have theirs sent. When I looked at the Dar es Salaam it shows that it is a Visa Application Centre. CVAC is the exclusive service provider for the Government of Canada to provide administrative support services such as the collection of visa applications and returns of passports. The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC) CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application. So what does this mean?? Any ideas??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/daressalaam.asp

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Hi,

I cant remember where I read this, but I remember seeing a notice indicating that they now have visa office in Dar and some countries like Burundi have been reassigned from Nairobi to Dar.

Tun701 said:
My daughter is sponsoring her husband from Tanzania and she recently received her SA. In her letter it said her application has been forwarded to Dar es Salaam. We were thinking that it would be sent to Nairobi because that is where most people from Tanzania have theirs sent. When I looked at the Dar es Salaam it shows that it is a Visa Application Centre. CVAC is the exclusive service provider for the Government of Canada to provide administrative support services such as the collection of visa applications and returns of passports. The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC) CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application. So what does this mean?? Any ideas??

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Thanks! Here's hoping it's faster than Nairobi then! It doesn't show a timeline for Dar es Salaam! Can hardly wait to have them both back in Canada!