+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in May

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Hi Cathy2381, we are in the same boat but while you are in Canada, why you didn't try to call the customer service of CIC??
you can find information via the web site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp
the number is
1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only)
They will give some light about the process time in CIO regarding our case as well as they may give some information about your application.
They are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
But please if they give you some information about the process time you will so kind to tell me what they will tell you

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Staroffuture,

I already talked to one of the representatives and it took me 10 to 13 minutes to finally got an answer. The representative asked for my client ID, my old address, and old mobile number....ect. This call cost me C$5 to C$8 but its worth it.

The rep asked me if it was regular mail or courier and when did CIU received it. I sent it through FEDEX and my tracking number said CIU recieved it May 28. When she (rep) checked it they received it June 1, she said there some delays and waiting time to get a response is 10 weeks.

I am a bit less worried now....At least now its in good hands, the only thing I need to worry is if CIU would recommend it for visa office processing.

Thanks for a very nice idea....

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Thank you very much Cathy2381,
I wish if I could share you with the cost :)
because it is very usefule inforamtion to reduce our stress about the delay.
based on their answer, we can now expect their AOR after or around 10/Augst, so let's wait and pray to have a postive letter from them .. ie recomendation for further process at our visa office.
Thanks again and good luck with your AOR very soon

Let's keep in touch for any new news

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
cathy2381
Did the customer service mention if the 10 weeks from the time of receiving the application or from the time of starting proccesing your application?!
because somebody in this forum asked the call center too and they advised him that the waiting time is 10 weeks from the time of starting process the application.
wow if that's true, it will be very long waiting time and we may have to wait more another month!
Did you know where your check has been encashed by CIO?

amar123

Jan 15, 2009
how long time to take now
ALL READY 2 MONTHS BUDY still waiting aor no no no respose for sydney nova scotia office
My application under federal skilled worker economic class and fast track also so
why they took long time icant understand this is rediculas .

My application was sending from sydney australia to sydney nova scotia on 19 th of may but still waiting for aor

apllication sent - 19th of may
application reached vancouver - 25 may
application reached nova scotia office - 1 st of june
stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll waiiiiiiiiiiiiiting

not in mail and email everyday i cheked
and address is also correct so whats wrong budy

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
according to this forum and what we read above, the average time became between 2 months up to 3 months (maybe less or more) to receive a response from CIO.
So patience is the key of the game!!

jassin

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Dear Thanks,

What do u advise me to do...
Sent forms on May 12th
DD got cleared on 16th June
NO REPLY SO FAR.....

Kinldy revert
New Delhi, India
Jas

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Jassin,
since your check has been encashed so they will send your a response in few dayes.
so just be patient and expect the letter before the end of this month.
good luck

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Hi Guys,

The day has come. CIO sent me an email....instruction to send my application to visa office. I recieved the email 6 in the morning. Kinda wondring what time do they open to think that im in mountain time and NS is eastern time.

Again...

CIO received JUNE 1
and got an email Aug 5

To all who are waiting>>>keep on praying and always check ur email.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathy2381 said:
Hi Guys,

The day has come. CIO sent me an email....instruction to send my application to visa office. I recieved the email 6 in the morning. Kinda wondring what time do they open to think that im in mountain time and NS is eastern time.

Again...

CIO received JUNE 1
and got an email Aug 5

To all who are waiting>>>keep on praying and always check ur email.

Hi cathy congratulations iam very happy to hear your good news and hope the best of luck for you in the rest of the process, by the way the gap on time is because there is 3 hours difference between sydney nova scotia (east) and calgary alberta (west). 6 AM at calgary is 9 AM at sydney .

good luck again and hope the best for you :)