+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application sent! buuuuut we're pregnant!

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
So we've FINALLY completed and sent off the application forms, and I think we did a good job! I expect they'll probably say yes =]

BUT... my wife's pregnant! If it takes >7 months for the process to complete, which is likely, then there'll be a new baby to bring who of course isn't in any of the paperwork yet.

Anyone gone through that? What should I expect?

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
Hi! I'm in the same boat. I'm currently 6 months pregnant. I just sent my app to CPC-M. In my application, I attached a note from my Ob/Gyne stating my name and my due date. :)
As I've read a few times in this forum, I will have to notify CPC-M after I've given birth. I suppose I'll have to send them my son's birth certificate or something..

LoveThai

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-08-2010
File Transfer...
8-09-2010
I've known someone who get pregnant while they send application and what they did help them alots.
they sent referent letter from doctor about pregnant to visa office.. then they process is so fast..

I don't know it will work on your case or not..but it's good to try.. ;D

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Hi Lifer!

Congratulations on your baby!!!

Come join us at the September thread! :)

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveThai said:
I've known someone who get pregnant while they send application and what they did help them alots.
they sent referent letter from doctor about pregnant to visa office.. then they process is so fast..
This is false. Expecting a child will not speed up your application one whit.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
If one of the parents is a canadian citizen, who can transmit citizenship to their offspring, you will need to inform CIC of the birth, and will need Canadian documentation for the baby - passport/certificate of citizenship in order for it to enter Canada with you upon landing.

If the Canadian parent CANNOT transmit citizenship to their offspring (depends on when and where the parent was born), the baby will need to be added to the application, and a medical exam with a DMP performed etc, just like for sponsoring any other dependent child.

Congratulations!!!

W

waynevega

Congratulations on the baby news!...
We applied in-land while my wife was pregnant and included in the application brick a copy of the ultra-sound pic plus a note from her doctor...
When we got First Stage of Approval, one of the additional documents requested by Vegreville was a copy of her birth certificate since by then our baby had been born. A healty beautiful baby girl. She's 10 months now.
Cheers!.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lifer said:
So we've FINALLY completed and sent off the application forms, and I think we did a good job! I expect they'll probably say yes =]

BUT... my wife's pregnant! If it takes >7 months for the process to complete, which is likely, then there'll be a new baby to bring who of course isn't in any of the paperwork yet.

Anyone gone through that? What should I expect?
Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy! It is a moment of celebration...The VO will put a hold on your file until the baby is born or he/she will let you continuous the procedure but you will not get medical request. You will have the responsibility to inform him/her and send pictures of your new baby before your section A. I wish the best for you guys and once again congratulations…
Cheers,

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
beauhoe said:
...The VO will put a hold on your file until the baby is born or he/she will let you continuous the procedure but you will not get medical request. You will have the responsibility to inform him/her and send pictures of your new baby before your section A.
ONLY if neither of you are Canadian citizens and the child is born outside Canada!!

If the baby is born in Canada, even if you are both PRs, s/he is a Canadian citizen - regardless of the immigration status of the parents. There is no need to do anything more than simply notify CIC of the birth - basically as a formality because you're required to report any change in family composition.

If either you or your wife are a Canadian citizen and the baby is born outside of Canada, s/he will still be a Canadian citizen, but you'll have to apply for a citizenship certificate so that s/he can get a Canadian passport. There is still no need to sponsor, but you should notify CIC of the birth. If neither of you are Canadian citizens and the baby is born outside of Canada, then it's required that s/he be included as a sponsored dependent on the PR application. So you would definitely want to notify the processing office of the pregnancy and expected due date. The application would be put on hold so that the baby could be added and assessed and then PR would be granted to both parent & child at the same time.

snelectron

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
23-11-2010
Nomination.....
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Med's Request
23-11-2010
I got my meds requested on 23nov10. I havent done anything with them yet...but was wondering how to address the my wife's pregnant situation.

I thought I read somewhere that Pregnant women can postpone their medicals and let the primary applicant go ahead with his application processing. Dependants i.e wife and kids can be updated anytime later? Is that not the case?

I am starting to get a bit confused..will surely use your help....Thanks in advance..

babynsx

Feb 6, 2010
My situation is a little different and would like some opinions on what I might expect...

I'm a Canadian citizen who sponsored my mainland Chinese wife last December. We've been waiting for over a year...

My wife is scheduled for her interview on January 10th in Hong Kong and I've been in China for these past 4 weeks getting ready for the interview. My wife and I have been (when I'm in china :p) trying to conceive for over a year now (these efforts have already been disclosed to Immigration) and we just found out that these past few weeks have been very reproductive... On December 24th in fact we found out that she is pregnant.

My wife is heading to the doctors today to get a medical done to confirm the pregnancy and get a letter drafted.

Of course we will disclose this development during the interview but I'm curious as to what the reaction will be after reading some of the comments in this thread.

Her medicals have expired and would otherwise have to have them redone... will they wave this requirement in consideration of her condition or is there a special medical exam that can be given to expected mothers? I'm generally concerned about the full chest ex-ray.

Assuming they would have given us the green light had she not been pregnant they would not put this application on hold simply because she is now pregnant would they? As the child will be a Canadian citizen anyway there is no need to add them to the application.

Thanks,
Doug

nxt83

Feb 16, 2012
LoveThai said:

I don't know it will work on your case or not..but it's good to try.. ;D
im in the same situation. pls. inform about what your friend did? thanks, Godbless!

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
I had the same situation when i applied(in-land application on spousal sponsorship) and after birth of of both kids, every time we went to CIC local office and informed them on the "addition of new family member"(they will give you a form to write and submit alongwith birth certificates ).it does not affect speeding of the case, but you just have to inform them.in my case,it took almost more than 3 years to get to a landing appointment recently.and my PR card is due to tomorrow:)).so just keep your fingers crossed. you will get through this process one day.congratulations on your baby news though.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
babynsx said:
Her medicals have expired and would otherwise have to have them redone... will they wave this requirement in consideration of her condition or is there a special medical exam that can be given to expected mothers? I'm generally concerned about the full chest ex-ray.
Some people on the forum reported that they got the medical while pregnant, but with the doctor noting that the x-ray couldn't be done. (It shouldn't be done, in any case.) Then, after giving birth, the mom got the x-ray. Others have just done the whole medical after giving birth. It did delay things.