Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My original application was received by CIC on April 7 2010 and returned back to me Today.

The reason was, I did not fill out my Spouse's 'Other countries with resident Status' field. Its actually NONE.

Questions:
1.Can I fill the same form that they have validated and highlighted and send it back? or Do I need to fill out new forms?

2.They have asked to include the letter they have sent. It has my date as 'Apr 7th'. I have not sent English test results and am not planning to as well (I got enough work experience and education to support it). But for applications submitted after Apr 10th we need to send the scores as well. Will they return my application again because of this?

Thanks in advance

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My original application was received by CIC on April 7 2010 and returned back to me Today.

The reason was, I did not fill out my Spouse's 'Other countries with resident Status' field. Its actually NONE.

Questions:
1.Can I fill the same form that they have validated and highlighted and send it back? or Do I need to fill out new forms?

You can use same forms or you can use different forms, but information you filled earlier should not be changed in new form.
If you are using new forms, send back the old forms and letter you received from visa office.
If you send back all the form early, your initial application date will be same as April 7th.

2.They have asked to include the letter they have sent. It has my date as 'Apr 7th'. I have not sent English test results and am not planning to as well (I got enough work experience and education to support it). But for applications submitted after Apr 10th we need to send the scores as well. Will they return my application again because of this?

No, IELTS result is not required to send at the time of initial application. IELTS result will be sent with full documents to lacal visa office

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks visaexpert.

The form they have sent have the highlighted field. I will complete the field and send it back to them.

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
below are the answers in Red

Questions:

you can go either way, however make sure, no information is missed out and no discrepancies in your applications

Dont take chance here buddy, its highly highly advisable to go for IELTS if ur first language is not English...n this time they would send back your application along with rejection letter...dont take any chances with your immigration, several issue we need to handle diligently...if you send the written explanation of ur language ability, u'll be on the mercy of the visa officer...hope this info is useful..

Thanks in advance

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks prsh_patel,

I will consider what you have told. I will send send this initial form without the IELTS, when I submit the full documents, I will try to include it. Since I havn't prepared for the exam yet, not sure whether what can I score. By the way I have 7 yrs of work experience and including 5 years in US (currently in US as well). Is this not sufficient?

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_PT said:
Thanks prsh_patel,

I will consider what you have told. I will send send this initial form without the IELTS, when I submit the full documents, I will try to include it. Since I havn't prepared for the exam yet, not sure whether what can I score. By the way I have 7 yrs of work experience and including 5 years in US (currently in US as well). Is this not sufficient?
I think, you English is Good. because you have been to english speaking county, USA for 7 years.

I strongly advice you to take IELTS, not written submission. IELTS is the best way to test language ability.

What is your total points without IELTS?

If it is less than 55, I advice you to take IELTS before sending initial application.

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
Hi can_pt,

it could have been sufficient if you would have filed ur case before 10th April. As per guideline from OP6 manual, they clearly mentioned that either you have to submit the ielts or written explanation. They will not give you another chance to submit the ielts result. Earlier, i mean before 10th of april, cic was not asking for IELTS, and we all submitted the IELTS at local visa office only and not at the CIC.

If you send the written explanation, its totally upto Visa Officer how they treat ur case. IELTS is no big deal if u've stayed in US for 5 years, take the date and appear for the exam and then send across all ur docs..... dont want to scare you, but giving you honest advise bro.... and still u want to go for written explanation, dont take it lightly, write a very professional explanation with your ability to communicate in each module i.e. speaking, writing, listening & reading... google it how to explain about ur english ability or may even take advise from the expert....

wish u a good luck bro...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_PT said:
Hi All,

Questions:

Thanks in advance
1. Better to send new forms with current date along with the copy of the letter which they have sent you.
2. No, it means that they will not ask you to send your English speak, writing, reading and listening ability papers and will assess the application with the documents which you have sent to them.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
As you have mentioned, you have enough qualifictions and experince and live in US for 7 years; you should be having good english then. If you really have good command on the languGE, I guarentee you, IELTS is no big deal at all. I wish I could be more modest here, but I just got up in the morning, wrote the exam and came back and scored 8. So if you use english in daily life, then you dont have to prepare or study for this exam, its not complicated, infact pretty simple if you know the language.

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
Hi all,

My application recieved by CIO on 15 April, after reading your inquires, i checked out the copy of my application and found out that i wrote NONE in my wife personal history for a period of 2 months only as she was doing nothing between finishing her secondary school and starting her university studies. do you think that the application can be returned for 2 months only with no activites to mention ?, also she was in her home country and i stated the city and country.

Thanks guys for sharing your opinions

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MoatazEissa said:
Hi all,

My application recieved by CIO on 15 April, after reading your inquires, i checked out the copy of my application and found out that i wrote NONE in my wife personal history for a period of 2 months only as she was doing nothing between finishing her secondary school and starting her university studies. do you think that the application can be returned for 2 months only with no activites to mention ?, also she was in her home country and i stated the city and country.

Thanks guys for sharing your opinions
I don't have any Idea on that.

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

To be safe, how much should be the Canadian $, that I need to specify as a fund available in the application? I am revisiting my entire application now. Total number of ppl in my application is 2.

Thanks in advance