+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned for missing police certificate

Vincent KL

Jun 17, 2019
IRCC returned my application for spousal sponsorship (outland) for reason that "Police Certificates and Clearances" was not submitted with the application. Puzzled me is that I have checked clearly the requirement (and have counter-checked once again just now) that for application from Hong Kong, no police certificate should be submitted at the time of application. IRCC will request afterwards! They say now I may resubmit my application with missing requirement but the queue time will start from all over again.
My submission reached IRCC in late June 2019, they returned my pack on 19 August 2019 but the mail was ordinary and it reached me only until 28 November 2019! I have been checking emails all along for AOR but there has been none.
Even now when I try to look up the online status by the UCI or Application No., there is no record found.
Could anyone tell me what I can do with this case? As I want to move back to ontario with my husband in May next year, I am pondering if a resubmission is worthwhile, or I might as well do it inland. But then how should I dispose of this outland application?

Thanks a lot.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Your absolutely right! My filipina partner worked in hong kong for 2 years so we looked into getting a hong kong police clearance. Hong kong however will only release one when a request is made by a counry's embassy etc. I would call IRCC asap and tell them what happened.

hannaholga

Dec 18, 2019
IRCC returned my application for spousal sponsorship (outland) for reason that "Police Certificates and Clearances" was not submitted with the application. Puzzled me is that I have checked clearly the requirement (and have counter-checked once again just now) that for application from Hong Kong, no police certificate should be submitted at the time of application. IRCC will request afterwards! They say now I may resubmit my application with missing requirement but the queue time will start from all over again.
My submission reached IRCC in late June 2019, they returned my pack on 19 August 2019 but the mail was ordinary and it reached me only until 28 November 2019! I have been checking emails all along for AOR but there has been none.
Even now when I try to look up the online status by the UCI or Application No., there is no record found.
Could anyone tell me what I can do with this case? As I want to move back to ontario with my husband in May next year, I am pondering if a resubmission is worthwhile, or I might as well do it inland. But then how should I dispose of this outland application?

Thanks a lot.
What is the update on your application? I am in the same situation

Reactions: chiar0n

chiar0n

Jul 8, 2019
Hi,my partner will apply for my sponsorship
for my PR soon - i leaves in HK for two years before moving to Canada- and I am wondering what to do with this police certificate from Hong Kong, if submit the paper application without it with the letter or explanation or to proceed in another way. If the application is returned after my current work permit expires i will loose my implied status and have to leave canada. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Vincent KL

Jun 17, 2019
What is the update on your application? I am in the same situation
I applied inland afterwards. I needed not do anything for the 'returned' application as it was not yet a case. It has taken 18 months for my inland application to be approved, thanks to all the delay by covid. That said, I have not yet received my pr card.

chiar0n

Jul 8, 2019
I applied inland afterwards. I needed not do anything for the 'returned' application as it was not yet a case. It has taken 18 months for my inland application to be approved, thanks to all the delay by covid. That said, I have not yet received my pr card.
when you applied inland how did you deal with the Hong Kong police certificate? did you submit a Letter of Explanation for IRCC not to return your file again?

Vincent KL

Jun 17, 2019
when you applied inland how did you deal with the Hong Kong police certificate? did you submit a Letter of Explanation for IRCC not to return your file again?
I did not submit a letter of explanation. In fact I highly suspect my first return of application was caused by an individual immigration officer's mistake. My inland application went quite straightforward. IRCC will ask you to provide police cert when they need it. You can apply for the cert from Canada. Visit HKPF's website for the procedures.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I don't know anyone's file returned because of missing PCC. Usually they just request it after file opened. OP is very smart to start another application right away. I suspect it will take more time to reinvestigate and reopen the file.
I sent an enquiry to HKPF one week after I applied for PCC in person, got a reply very soon that they have already sent it out to Canadian embassy, and they don't issue PCC to applicants. I attached this letter to IRCC. I guess you can do the same if you apply online and if you want to be safe.