Application rejected due to Noc

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

My PR application has been rejected based on incorrect Noc. Basically it says in the letter that the officer was not satisfied that I have obtained sufficient foreign work experience in accordance with Noc 0111.

I am thinking to send an email to find the correct Noc and then apply again. My question is whether I could be refused again based on incorrect Noc? Maybe they do not need professionals with such experience at all? What could be the way forward?

I have all the other docs in place.
The extract from my reference letter:

Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts

2. Examine and analyze journal ledger entries, bank statements, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards

3. Preparation of minutes of board of directors meeting for our international clients

4. Assistance with the opening of corporate bank account for international clients

5. Act as liaison between the clients and the auditors

6. Preparation of payment instructions upon client request

7. Client billing
NOCs starting with 0 are management positions, and your letter does not show management duties.

If you didn't supervise people, try NOCs like 1111 or 1112.

Apply again. Adjusting NOC should suffice! Good luck!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking to send an email to find the correct Noc and then apply again.
IRCC will not advise you on this. You need to figure it out and make the best NOC selection based on the duties.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
IRCC will not advise you on this. You need to figure it out and make the best NOC selection based on the duties.

This is true, I emailed them for help to determine my NOC at NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca before submitting my eAPR, and here was the response I received:

Good day,

Thank you for your interest in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

In order for you to confirm and validate how closely a NOC code matches your occupation, you must refer to the NOC profile in question and review the main duties and employment requirements to assess if it accurately represents your occupation. Other information within the NOC profile should also be assessed such as example titles, additional information, and classified elsewhere sections.

When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties. We encourage you to choose the NOC code that corresponds to the education and experience required by your employer as well as to the majority of your main duties.

Please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility as you would be best positioned to identify the education requirements as well as the skills and abilities. Our role is only to provide guidance and support in your NOC search and it is not within our mandate to determine and confirm NOC code selections.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for contacting the NOC unit and have a nice day.

The NOC Unit

Employment and Social Development Canada

Gatineau, QC, Canada

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
This is true, I emailed them for help to determine my NOC at NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca before submitting my eAPR, and here was the response I received:

Good day,

Thank you for your interest in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

In order for you to confirm and validate how closely a NOC code matches your occupation, you must refer to the NOC profile in question and review the main duties and employment requirements to assess if it accurately represents your occupation. Other information within the NOC profile should also be assessed such as example titles, additional information, and classified elsewhere sections.

When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties. We encourage you to choose the NOC code that corresponds to the education and experience required by your employer as well as to the majority of your main duties.

Please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility as you would be best positioned to identify the education requirements as well as the skills and abilities. Our role is only to provide guidance and support in your NOC search and it is not within our mandate to determine and confirm NOC code selections.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for contacting the NOC unit and have a nice day.

The NOC Unit

Employment and Social Development Canada

Gatineau, QC, Canada
Is there any other email address to which we can send to confirm the NOC?

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Contrary to this, IRCC did advise me on my NOC. Along with my email, I have listed down the job descriptions which were stated in my certificate of employment, the course I have studied and my ECA result. They replied but stated that they cannot find an exact NOC and requested for the type of industry I work in and the minimum qualification required to be hired. After that, they advised the NOC but with the general disclaimer that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility. However, the NOC that they have advised doesn't really tally with my job descriptions. In the end, i decided to follow the NOC which most likely resembles my JD. Crossing my fingers that I did the right thing..

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Contrary to this, IRCC did advise me on my NOC. Along with my email, I have listed down the job descriptions which were stated in my certificate of employment, the course I have studied and my ECA result. They replied but stated that they cannot find an exact NOC and requested for the type of industry I work in and the minimum qualification required to be hired. After that, they advised the NOC but with the general disclaimer that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility. However, the NOC that they have advised doesn't really tally with my job descriptions. In the end, i decided to follow the NOC which most likely resembles my JD. Crossing my fingers that I did the right thing..
You were lucky to get that response. IRCC does not describe all the NOCs, that's Stats Canada's mandate. So you may as well ask anyone else's opinion because probably the person you are asking at IRCC is not an officer who makes NOC decisions on a day-to-day basis. I say this not to diminish your experience, but to encourage some common sense thinking in the others who are reading this thread.

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Hi everyone

My PR application has been rejected based on incorrect Noc. Basically it says in the letter that the officer was not satisfied that I have obtained sufficient foreign work experience in accordance with Noc 0111.

I am thinking to send an email to find the correct Noc and then apply again. My question is whether I could be refused again based on incorrect Noc? Maybe they do not need professionals with such experience at all? What could be the way forward?

I have all the other docs in place.
The extract from my reference letter:

Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts

2. Examine and analyze journal ledger entries, bank statements, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards

3. Preparation of minutes of board of directors meeting for our international clients

4. Assistance with the opening of corporate bank account for international clients

5. Act as liaison between the clients and the auditors

6. Preparation of payment instructions upon client request

7. Client billing
Hello, you could send a request to reconsider by correcting the mistake which is not sure they will reconsider or not but you can give a shot. On the other hand simultaneously, apply again with new profile.
You can search for your noc code duties on link given below or change your reference letter duties according to noc code you provided,if possible.
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
Hello, you could send a request to reconsider by correcting the mistake which is not sure they will reconsider or not but you can give a shot. On the other hand simultaneously, apply again with new profile.
You can search for your noc code duties on link given below or change your reference letter duties according to noc code you provided,if possible.
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372
Thanks. Have you heard about cases where CiC reconsidered their decision after sending a request? It says that this is a final decision so not sure about this.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Have you heard about cases where CiC reconsidered their decision after sending a request? It says that this is a final decision so not sure about this.
This is not recommended. It's very time consuming and has poor chances of success. You are better off reapplying in the next round.