+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Reject due to non-delivery of mail

nabilmalik

Oct 11, 2009
Dear All,

I applied for Canadian Permanent Residency for skilled worker category in Dec 2006 in the High Commission of Canada in London. According to the letter that received at that time, they said that they do not expect the process to start before 45 months (i.e.: some where in the beginning of 2010). Today, after 34 months, i got a letter that my application was rejected because i did not respond to their letter date some where in Oct 2008 requesting all the supporting documents.

I find it very unfair that they did not even send that important letter through registered mail, and now have rejected my case, let alone the time have i have lost due to this mishandling of mail.

I have written them a letter about this issue and hoping for a response. Do you thing they will reopen my case and request for the documents once again? Any other advise for me that can help me reopen my case? Thanks.

Nabil A. Malik

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regular mail is usually pretty secure. I have only once had mail go missing and that was when I was living in a building where one of the residents was stealing it. Did you in fact keep them updated on your address? If you did and the letter still somehow got lost, you can protest them closing your file but I don't know the odds of them re-opening your case because of that. I don't think this happens often.

sengeb

Jul 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2007
Doc's Request.
March-2009
AOR Received.
May-2007
Med's Request
December-2009
Med's Done....
December-2009
Passport Req..
Waiting for>>>
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for>>>
LANDED..........
Waiting for>>>
Dear Nabil,

Do not worry , it happened with some guys b4.

All what you need to do is : write email to them & ask for a new time frame to allow you to prepare & send the requested documents and show them that you are still interested in Canada immigration & you have never received any kind of request.

That is all !!

good luck

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Nabilmalik,
Sorry to hear this sad story. Hope they will extend your time.

If i had a chance to talk to the visa officers , i will let them know that it is important for them to write an e.mail to an applicant when an important letter is sent in the mail or they update your ecase with the information and you will be aware that something is happening to your process. So that if he does not get the mail , he or she will get the e.mail, just like Nova Scotia is doing now. They send e.mails to applicants which is good. If your mail is missing you will get the e.mail.

I really hope they could hear such complaints and do something. We pay for these applications it is not for free that they should allow us to suffer like this.

In my case my ecase is not even updating after i sent my full documents to local visa office. I am just confuse why it is not changing. I am still seeing the information sent by Nova Scotia, that is it.

Hope it will change one day.

Hope everything will be ok

Canadaforall.