+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application package returned thread

Simmi100

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
My package was received in Mississauga on 2nd Feb. Called CIC today as I haven't received AOR yet and agent told me it is returned due to lack of some missing documents. I'll update once I receive it.

Others in same boat can join this thread.

Whats missing, what you added or any other detail will be beneficial to future applicants.

Chailatte

Feb 16, 2017
What number did you call at and what information did you provide. My application was sent on Feb14 and I still haven't received any notification. People who sent their applications in the same time periods have already gotten their AORs. I can't even login to ECAS or link my application. I want to call CIC but I don't have any other information (Application number or UCI number) except my payment receipt number. Let me know how you got in touch, by the way I am the sponsor. I fear that my application could have been returned as well.

Simmi100

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
1888-242-2100

Provided sponsor's UCI and all details but agent was unable to find anything then she found it with Receipt number when I requested to help me out.

You may need to call 2-3 times before connecting to some human and expect long wait time. Better to call 8 AM sharp.

Chailatte said:
What number did you call at and what information did you provide. My application was sent on Feb14 and I still haven't received any notification. People who sent their applications in the same time periods have already gotten their AORs. I can't even login to ECAS or link my application. I want to call CIC but I don't have any other information (Application number or UCI number) except my payment receipt number. Let me know how you got in touch, by the way I am the sponsor. I fear that my application could have been returned as well.

sponsor2017

May 3, 2017
I had my application returned this week. It was originally submitted June 8 2017 and was returned due a name mix up in one box on the 1344 form.
IMO the error was so minor that it should not have stopped them from continuing but anyhow here we are...
Some of the forms were updated for July 2017, am I now required to resubmit with the new forms or can I correct the mistake and resubmit the package with the original forms?
Also, does anyone know if CIC goes through the whole package and then return it outlining the errors or at the first mistake they find just send it back?

Last edited:

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I had my application returned this week. It was originally submitted June 8 2017 and was returned due a name mix up in one box on the 1344 form.
IMO the error was so minor that it should not have stopped them from continuing but anyhow here we are...
Some of the forms were updated for July 2017, am I now required to resubmit with the new forms or can I correct the mistake and resubmit the package with the original forms?
Also, does anyone know if CIC goes through the whole package and then return it for outlining the errors or at the first mistake they just send it back?
use the new application forms

Maki215

Jul 17, 2017
My app was returned too..i received it july 16..imm 008 and imm 1344 were the only forms updated..the rest are the same..do i have to change them all or just the newly updated forms?thank you for the help

Reactions: ajaadi

ajaadi

May 10, 2017
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31/03/2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
My app was returned too..i received it july 16..imm 008 and imm 1344 were the only forms updated..the rest are the same..do i have to change them all or just the newly updated forms?thank you for the help
Why Your application was returned.... due to change of forms or other reason?