Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

I recently received my GCMS notes, and that confused me as ever. My eligibility checks are written MET in the notes, everything looks as expected. One of the thing which is "Medical on Hold for my wife".

As everything looks positive, things are getting super confusive so thought of asking this on forum.

Here's the Situation:
  • We are expecting baby in Nov, if I take one month for new born's birth cert/passport and my wife's medical. I will be able to send all the docs by december mid/end.
  • This means, if everything goes as expected, I will get my PPR by march/apri
  • Now my medical was done on April 15, so I will get my visa expiring April 14

Problem:
  • How will I prepare to go to a new Country with family in a Month?
  • I can't start resigning from my Jobs in Advance, as it's not 100% guarantee to get PPR.

Options (with many questions), please advise which one is better. Or is there any other option
  • Submit my new Medical when submitting docs in December. So my visa have more time to expire. But, I DON"T EVEN KNOW IF THAT"S ALLOWED?? IS IT?
  • Go to canada for few days and come back. But then, where will my Visa Card come? If I try to get a Travel Document, can I get one for 6 months?
  • Request an extension, but not sure if I can get an extension for 2-3 months

Thanks in Advance
G

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Everyone

I recently received my GCMS notes, and that confused me as ever. My eligibility checks are written MET in the notes, everything looks as expected. One of the thing which is "Medical on Hold for my wife".

As everything looks positive, things are getting super confusive so thought of asking this on forum.

Here's the Situation:
  • We are expecting baby in Nov, if I take one month for new born's birth cert/passport and my wife's medical. I will be able to send all the docs by december mid/end.

Problem:
  • I can't start resigning from my Jobs in Advance, as it's not 100% guarantee to get PPR.

Options (with many questions), please advise which one is better. Or is there any other option
  • Submit my new Medical when submitting docs in December. So my visa have more time to expire. But, I DON"T EVEN KNOW IF THAT"S ALLOWED?? IS IT?
  • Go to canada for few days and come back. But then, where will my Visa Card come? If I try to get a Travel Document, can I get one for 6 months?

Thanks in Advance
G
Your best option is to get another medical done.

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Your best option is to get another medical done.
Thanks Istari. Have you ever heard/read of a similar case? I am just wondering, if new Medicals will even help.

Graciekay

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Johannesburg, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/03/16
Doc's Request.
10/03/16
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03/03/16
Med's Done....
25/02/16
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Everyone

Here's the Situation:

Problem:

Thanks in Advance
G
I do know extensions are possible so there may not be need to do a new medical. I think the best bet is to wait and see how it goes first with sending updated documents in December. It may not take up to March as your background check would have been complete and before the new documents are uploaded. Waiting is still the best thing to do now.

diran_ayo

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Everyone

Here's the Situation:

Problem:

Thanks in Advance
G
Hi Guarav,

You have nothing to worry about....our medicals was done 22 dec 2015 and my wife's due date was in may 2016...even though my eligibility criteria was already met since april 2016 as confirmed thru my gcms, cic local VO sent us a mail to provide all baby's docs and pay processing fee once baby is delivered in May.
So we waited till May and once we had our baby, we did as instructed and got ppr second week in June and by early July we have our visas n COPR.

So in your own case, Since you also confirm that your eligibility is already met, then no worries...Once baby arrives in Nov, let them know and send all docs required..
worst case, your immigrant visa should be ready by Jan 2017 and you still have feb, mar, to prepare...

I hope this clarifies your worries..

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diran_ayo said:
Hi Guarav,

You have nothing to worry about....our medicals was done 22 dec 2015 and my wife's due date was in may 2016...even though my eligibility criteria was already met since april 2016 as confirmed thru my gcms, cic local VO sent us a mail to provide all baby's docs and pay processing fee once baby is delivered in May.
So we waited till May and once we had our baby, we did as instructed and got ppr second week in June and by early July we have our visas n COPR.

So in your own case, Since you also confirm that your eligibility is already met, then no worries...Once baby arrives in Nov, let them know and send all docs required..
worst case, your immigrant visa should be ready by Jan 2017 and you still have feb, mar, to prepare...

I hope this clarifies your worries..
Hi Diran_Ayo
First of all, thanks for the reply. This helps a lot, to keep myself calm :) :) :)

So, next thing I should wait for is a email from CIC that requests baby's document and processing fees from us. am I right?

Regards,
Gaurav

Graciekay

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Johannesburg, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/03/16
Doc's Request.
10/03/16
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03/03/16
Med's Done....
25/02/16
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Everyone

Here's the Situation:

Problem:

Thanks in Advance
G
I do know extensions are possible so there may not be need to do a new medical. I think the best bet is to wait and see how it goes first with sending updated documents in December. It may not take up to March as your background check would have been complete and before the new documents are uploaded. Waiting is still the best thing to do now.

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Graciekay said:
Hi GracieKey
Thanks for your answer.

I think you are right. The answer above from "Diran_Ayo" is an example of this. I think the email from CIC VO, that request document for baby/medical is going to be like confirmation of PPR which should give us more confidence on PPR.

Regards,
Gaurav Sharma

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posting from future reference. I got an answer from "Diran_Ayo" on my question about Email from cic

"Yes..just wait for there instructions...and if does not come before baby arrives, you can let them know that your baby has arrive and they will you wat to do asap."