+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application not proceesed and returned

redman19

Oct 23, 2016
So I filled for sponsoring my wife who has a visitor visa until 2018 and my wife is from Syria ,and I am a Canadian citizen by birth and we have two kids and we are residing in Canada. I submitted the sponsor spouse sponsorship application. What does the below response mean ?

The below was the response
We are returning your submission including all the supporting documents you included.

An application must meet the requirements of sections 10 and 11 of the immigration and refuges protection regulation to be accepted for processing. Section 12 IRPR states " If the requirements of section 10 and 11 are not met , the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant"

In addition , ministerial instructions were given on December 15, 2016 pursuant to section 87.3 of the immigration and refugee and protection act, requiring that applications made by sponsored spouses , common law partners and dependent children , as we as the association sponsorship applications , meet certain conditions to be accepted for processing . The forms required by Part A of the application document checklist are needed to satisfy section 12 of the IRPR , whereas the supporting documents required by part B of the document checklist must be included to meet the conditions established by the ministerial instructions.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
Did you include all the forms, and checklists (including country-specific), and all of the proofs they set out in those checklists?

Ministerial Directive from December 15 2016 was to no longer accept incomplete applications. Before that date, they would accept applications with just: the sponsorship undertaking, the family information questionable and the general application for Canada completed and signed.

Now they require everything to be filed up front to speed up processing.

redman19

Oct 23, 2016
These are the forms I filled , and what is section 10, 11 and 12 they are talking about?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

Reactions: Kaymilia1784

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
redman19 said:
These are the forms I filled , and what is section 10, 11 and 12 they are talking about?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-10.html

Regulations pointing to incomplete or unsigned application documents. We're they all completed, validated, signed and dated? You did all the forms from the checklist?

Reactions: Kaymilia1784

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Also ensure that you filled out all the current forms. They are dated on the bottom and will have to be checked before you resend it as they did update a form recently.

MilaAbbott

Aug 31, 2017
I received a letter saying the exact same thing today, we mailed the application on July 6th 2017, and I don't understand... he signed the 0008 form and had it validated, the letter also it said about the additional family members information, it said is not signed, but the application says about dependent children 18 or older must fill out the form, but my stepdaughter is not a dependent, she has her own life, a kid of her own and definitely not interested in going to Canada, so, what are we supposed to do? Give her a copy to get it signed?

Just for a little more info, we checked everything, and it says the 0008 and the one about the additional family members information were missing a signature.

This is frustrating....

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I received a letter saying the exact same thing today, we mailed the application on July 6th 2017, and I don't understand... he signed the 0008 form and had it validated, the letter also it said about the additional family members information, it said is not signed, but the application says about dependent children 18 or older must fill out the form, but my stepdaughter is not a dependent, she has her own life, a kid of her own and definitely not interested in going to Canada, so, what are we supposed to do? Give her a copy to get it signed?

Just for a little more info, we checked everything, and it says the 0008 and the one about the additional family members information were missing a signature.

This is frustrating....

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!
Did your husband sign his IMM5406?

MilaAbbott

Aug 31, 2017
Yes he did... actually in front of me... that's the part neither one of us can understand.... we checked everything before mailing...

Mamena

Aug 31, 2017
I apply for my spose too I send by canada post 21 june I didn't get answer any one have idya why

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes he did... actually in front of me... that's the part neither one of us can understand.... we checked everything before mailing...
Could be a mistake on IRCC's part. It wouldn't be the first time. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for the app to come back to see.

MilaAbbott

Aug 31, 2017
They just asked me to return the forms they said need to be signed, good thing we had duplicates, funny thing is, they sent us the scan for the checklist highlighting the part where they said it was the problem, but not the actual scan for the forms, also they said they are not longer taking the old checklist, so we have to mail another one too, the new one, this time, I will do it via FedEx, don't want to mess with priority mail or regular mail or whatever it can be called, it takes way longer, I think. They sent me 2 pdfs, one with the letter explaining, if you can call that an explanation with the thing that says we have 30 days to mail the specified documents...