+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Lost!!! (Any suggestions will be highly appreciated)

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
jrseee said:
Guys, this morning I called them again and have been informed that they are in receipt of my application. Although I don't see any status update on e-cas, the call center guy I talked to has confirmed me that they have sent an acknowledgement letter to my address on May 15. This is a huge relief for me :)
Thank you all for your kind advice and suggestions!

jrseee
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, the same thing just happened to me... :(

I sent my application on July 4th,2014 and they received it on July 8th, 2014. I didn't see any updates since then, so I call cic today. The agent told me they don't have any records in the system as well. He said they might have returned it to me and asked me to send the application again. Of course I didn't got any returned document. According to your experiences, I guess it might be their standard response. My application could be somewhere in the Sydney Center and not be picked up from the bracket.

I just wonder if the agent has sent a notice to the Sydney Center to ask for tracking the application once people call them for similar situation? Because in your cases, you got your original applications back and restored in the system after you called them.

And the other thing is the fee raised, which means if I resubmit the application, I have to pay the differences since they lost my original application. :mad:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
good2011 said:
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, the same thing just happened to me... :(

I sent my application on July 4th,2014 and they received it on July 8th, 2014. I didn't see any updates since then, so I call cic today. The agent told me they don't have any records in the system as well. He said they might have returned it to me and asked me to send the application again. Of course I didn't got any returned document. According to your experiences, I guess it might be their standard response. My application could be somewhere in the Sydney Center and not be picked up from the bracket.

I just wonder if the agent has sent a notice to the Sydney Center to ask for tracking the application once people call them for similar situation? Because in your cases, you got your original applications back and restored in the system after you called them.

And the other thing is the fee raised, which means if I resubmit the application, I have to pay the differences since they lost my original application. :mad:
Try to submit a ATIP request or case specific enquiry with tracking number etc to see if they can find it.

They usually return applications by regular mail and there is a chance that it can be lost while way back to your home.

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Try to submit a ATIP request or case specific enquiry with tracking number etc to see if they can find it.

They usually return applications by regular mail and there is a chance that it can be lost while way back to your home.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have submit a ATIP, and hopefully they can try doing some efforts to find my application.

I wonder if they return the applications without any records to note the application has been returned? How do people know if they returned the application, or they just lost the application?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
good2011 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have submit a ATIP, and hopefully they can try doing some efforts to find my application.

I wonder if they return the applications without any records to note the application has been returned? How do people know if they returned the application, or they just lost the application?
People only come to know once they receive the application returned to them by mail. CIC sends it by regular mail.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Hi good2011.
I sent my application on Aug 14, it was received by CIC on August 18 and wasn't seen since. The Call centre gave me same answer.
So after numerous calls and several unanswered case specific inquires we sent another application in the end of December.

Btw if you'll read August applicants forum, you'll find several people whose applications got lost.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
Hi good2011.
I sent my application on Aug 14, it was received by CIC on August 18 and wasn't seen since. The Call centre gave me same answer.
So after numerous calls and several unanswered case specific inquires we sent another application in the end of December.

Btw if you'll read August applicants forum, you'll find several people whose applications got lost.
Raise case specific enquiry with all the supporting documents (e.g. delivery proof, payment receipt etc..) Call center agents keep telling that application lost/returned.

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
catchvb said:
Raise case specific enquiry with all the supporting documents (e.g. delivery proof, payment receipt etc..) Call center agents keep telling that application lost/returned.
Hi yano4ka & catchvb:

Thanks for the suggestions! I did the case specific inquiry and got a email for acknowledging the receipt of my application today. You are right! The call center agents keep telling that application lost/returned and suggesting resubmit the application and even pay the differences fees to 2015. I didn't do it because I don't think it is reasonable.

If you read the Toronto Star news titled "‘High error rate’ found in Canada’s immigration processing" on Jan 5th, 2015, you'll find it's hard to trust them.....(Sorry, I'm not allowed to post the link in this forum)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good2011 said:
Hi yano4ka & catchvb:

Thanks for the suggestions! I did the case specific inquiry and got a email for acknowledging the receipt of my application today. You are right! The call center agents keep telling that application lost/returned and suggesting resubmit the application and even pay the differences fees to 2015. I didn't do it because I don't think it is reasonable.

If you read the Toronto Star news titled "‘High error rate' found in Canada's immigration processing" on Jan 5th, 2015, you'll find it's hard to trust them.....(Sorry, I'm not allowed to post the link in this forum)
Great. In my case they told me my application is lost/returned multiple times. I raised case specific enquiry and waited few days. I was at post office to resend my application when I received the email saying they have my application with application number C******.

CIC call center agents have no clue at all. Most of them are completely useless and do not want to even investigate before answering your query.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
catchvb said:
Great. In my case they told me my application is lost/returned multiple times. I raised case specific enquiry and waited few days. I was at post office to resend my application when I received the email saying they have my application with application number C******.

CIC call center agents have no clue at all. Most of them are completely useless and do not want to even investigate before answering your query.
So I'm not the only one who has similar problem... I submitted my application on Sept.22 and didn't heard anything from them until yesterday when I called them to see what's going on.. and they said they don't have my application. I have Canada post tracking number and all the details that it has been delivered but how come they don't see application?? like what the hell... call center agent told me that they are opening packages which has been received on Oct 15 right now so it should be some other thing which is holding your application.. we have something called different process which you won't understand and in that it takes 2more months extra if you are in that queue.. so wait 1 more month and call us back if you don't see anything and we will help you then...

now my question is if they don't find my application then I already lost 4 months and by waiting a month it will be 5 months.. what are the chances they will consider my application as Sept. application instead of 5 months later? I thought CIC is a pretty decent and organized but it looks like its a mess and they are playing with applicants life.. retarded people with no knowledge about the system and priority.., just picking files randomly and throwing it in garbage...

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
Pamma97 said:
So I'm not the only one who has similar problem... I submitted my application on Sept.22 and didn't heard anything from them until yesterday when I called them to see what's going on.. and they said they don't have my application. I have Canada post tracking number and all the details that it has been delivered but how come they don't see application?? like what the hell... call center agent told me that they are opening packages which has been received on Oct 15 right now so it should be some other thing which is holding your application.. we have something called different process which you won't understand and in that it takes 2more months extra if you are in that queue.. so wait 1 more month and call us back if you don't see anything and we will help you then...

now my question is if they don't find my application then I already lost 4 months and by waiting a month it will be 5 months.. what are the chances they will consider my application as Sept. application instead of 5 months later? I thought CIC is a pretty decent and organized but it looks like its a mess and they are playing with applicants life.. retarded people with no knowledge about the system and priority.., just picking files randomly and throwing it in garbage...
I'm afraid something the agent called "different process" which you won't understand is that they just lost or ignored the application somewhere! I have the same concern as you do. I lost six months and they find my application now.

I haven't called them even though mine was never updated on the eCAS for the past six months, because they mean to indicate the processing time is 24-36 months and only show the eCAS instead of call center number on their website. But I found most of the 2014 July applicants in this forum have received the email AOR in September 2014, I called them and the agent said the application lost/returned and took it for granted to suggest me resubmit application and pay the fee difference of $230!!!

I can't imagine what will happen to my application if I don't call them and ask them to find it. Will my original application disappear forever? It is really ridiculous! They are playing the applicants' lives!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good2011 said:
I'm afraid something the agent called "different process" which you won't understand is that they just lost or ignored the application somewhere! I have the same concern as your do. I lost six months and they find my application now.

I haven't called them even though mine was never updated on the eCAS for the past six months, because they mean to indicate the processing time is 24-36 months and only show the eCAS instead of call center number on their website. But I found most of the 2014 July applicants in this forum have received the email AOR in September 2014, I called them and the agent said the application lost/returned and took it for granted to suggest me resubmit application and pay the fee difference of $230!!!

I can't imagine what will happen to my application if I don't call them and ask them to find it. Will my original application disappear forever? It is really ridiculous! They are playing the applicants' lives!
Did you raise case specific enquiry. It w0orked most of us. They not only track but also assign you a file number.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pamma97 said:

Before any if and assumptions I will suggest submit case specific enquiry. Lot of people on this forum had the similar experience.(mostly June and July applicant) who was thrown to the new process.

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
catchvb said:
Before any if and assumptions I will suggest submit case specific enquiry. Lot of people on this forum had the similar experience.(mostly June and July applicant) who was thrown to the new process.
Yes, I did it and so that they found my application and I got an email AOR this week. We just wonder what are the chances they will consider our applications as Jul/Sept applications instead of six/five months later when they found them...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good2011 said:
Yes, I did it and so that they found my application and I got an email AOR this week. We just wonder what are the chances they will consider our applications as Jul/Sept applications instead of six/five months later when they found them...
No one knows it and I do not think they process based on time otherwise we all have to wait for everyone who sent before us. So time does not matter until unless some rule has changed.
In case of fee/rule they will consider the application received date. which is in your email AOR. For processing speed, date does not matter as they say it is different for everyone.
Check my timelines and others too who got email AOR. Are you not happy that you do not have to send the documents again and they found your application. ?

I think lot of people like me will really appreciate if you can add your timelines in your signature . In fact it is easier to give any advice.