Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
My wife and I just received our application and everything back to us. They said that the additional family members form was missing, but we didn't add it because there wasn't anyone to add on it. Then it said that it needs two recent photos, like the ones that were attached right behind that page. We were told those photos were supposed to be for the PR card.

All in all, two minor things it would seem... but what do we do about the additional family information form? And the pictures even though they were sent in along with the application.

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
My wife and I just received our application and everything back to us. They said that the additional family members form was missing, but we didn't add it because there wasn't anyone to add on it. Then it said that it needs two recent photos, like the ones that were attached right behind that page. We were told those photos were supposed to be for the PR card.

All in all, two minor things it would seem... but what do we do about the additional family information form? And the pictures even though they were sent in along with the application.

I'm not sure which form it was but for the principal applicant there is one form that is something like the additional family information in which the principal applicant has to state family members information for parents, spouse/partner, and siblings. This has to be filled out even though your parents/siblings may not be accompanying you to Canada.

Reactions: Classic Chucks

Elizajoey

Jan 6, 2015
The principal applicant needs to complete the form because it shows your family connections. It's Additional Family Information in that they want to know the Principal Applicant's family information so they can check it against other information. It's required.

In regards to the photos, maybe they missed them when they were going through. Maybe attach them to the front of the application package and double check the photo requirements.

Peterh1970

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016

My application came back too, 2 years ago because I forgot to add additional family members. So I've added my parents, brother, his wife, my nephew, my sister and her husband. I think it is necessary for a background check later on. I didn't have added my family members first, because I was the only one who was sponsored by my wife.
For your photos I don't know why they missed them.

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Can I ask when you sent your APP in? I have a feeling ours is going to be returned and I'm trying to understand the timeframes a bit better!

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
My wife and I just received our application and everything back to us. They said that the additional family members form was missing, but we didn't add it because there wasn't anyone to add on it. ...

but what do we do about the additional family information form? And the pictures even though they were sent in along with the application.
If nothing else, everyone will have parents to go into that form, so everyone has to include it. If they're deceased or estranged so you don't know address, you need to write that in. Any siblings, children, etc as well, which are family-shape /size dependent.

CIC want to understand your family composition. If you want to sponsor anyone else later in life (eg parental sponsorship, post-divorce lonely-canadian sibling sponsorship), and they're not on that form, they will assume your relationship has been invented for the purpose of sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

The Additional Family Information form isn't optional. You must fill it out.

Reactions: kcward7